Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Re: White Rabbit in 'trouble' again

It only takes a few people to ruin the experience of others.

I read the article but spared myself the video. I've seen some questionable behavior already in my recent visits. Class seems to be almost "non-existant" at times.

Of course, people forget that this is a privilege, not a right. Whatever happened to having manners, anyways?

If driving flipping off an officer can get you an illegal hand signal ticket...but thats a whole other debate

The White/Black lawsuit is one that leaves me bothered because I dont think deep down the family means ill, yet I still dont buy it as totally innocent. I know when I use to go to the parks my son would get his feelings hurt as he wouldn't get interacted with as other kids did. I told him to always stand politely with his hands behind his back and to wait. (I use to be a face character/mascot) so I knew where lines of visibility should and should not be. All of our photos are like the photos the Black family has, the child standing there, and often the person we were meeting would give us the same body language back. However one time Stitch seem to take offense and took my son's autograph book (back when the ones with photos had just come out) and drew all over the faces of every one! My son sat there crying, hands still behind his back. I went to City Hall, complained that was NOT ok, and taking the badness of Stitch to a level that was NOT ok. I was told to call in to speak with someone in entertainment when I returned home. I did, got a letter from Mickey a new book and a stuffed Stitch. Not 500 in passes or anything remotely close to what they claim was offered.

Long rant but my point is that people are so quick to run to the media, and then people like this think its the right way to get a free trip themselves. Those kids were SO out of line, no parent worth anything would allow/coach that behavior. And all for a few bucks and maybe 5 mins of time in the media...

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Actually, the courts have upheld giving a police officer the finger protected free speech.

NY court: Flipping finger at cops not worth arrest - CBS News
    Oh did not see that one, thanks good to know...not that I would do that!
    Little and broken, but still good.

It is also interesting to note that this story and video was first reported by KGTV channel 10 in San Diego, a ABC affiliate.

I'm sure the station's management and news director received several, well deserved phone calls from the mothership asking them to explain why they elected to run a Disney hit piece like this.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Nowhere in this story does it say that the family is suing Disney.

The lawyer they are talking about in the story is the lawyer for the black families who allege that the White Rabbit character discriminated against them based on race. That attorney says he hopes to use this video to show that the person in the White Rabbit costume is unsupervised and out of control.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney should sue the girl's parents for allowing her to be unsupervised and out of control. I don't blame the White Rabbit character for getting hopping mad as a hatter and cutting loose with some colorful metaphors. At the least, the girl and her parents should be banned from the park for life....along with any lawyer envolved.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disney should sue the girl's parents for allowing her to be unsupervised and out of control.
    I'm confused. Does this mean you are in favor of frivolous lawsuits?
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    All right, I said I wasn't going to post on here again, but I just cannot leave this one alone. THIS one will be my last, lol. I'll probably just have to not read this thread anymore to make sure that is the case. Regarding your last sentence, I guess anything, no matter how absurd, could be argued, so true enough there. But there is no way on Earth this argument could hold even a drop of water. I understand that you love Disney and want to defend them and their CM's no matter what, but self-defense? The girl tugged his costume tail and then quickly turned and walked away from him. He then turned about and purposely sought her out and walked over to her for the confrontation. An adult male confronting a female minor.

And if you don't believe that someone holding you against your wishes by your arm and neck is battery, I don't know what to tell you other than to seek out any expert source you trust and ask this question, and they will verify it for you. And that's not even considering the purposeful two handed shove of the other girl.

The guy is not being charged with anything. I'm just saying (for the last time I promise!) that no matter how much it was the girls' fault, no matter how obnoxious and in the wrong the family was, no matter what a money grab this lawsuit is, this guy should be fired for his reaction.

I think most of us are reasonable and it is our love of fairness that is driving this. Not Disney. Do we even know the CM is an adult male? How much gripping power does one have while sporting a Rabbit suit?
    Last edited by Esteban; 02-26-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    "Nice work, pal"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I think most of us are reasonable and it is our love of fairness that is driving this. Not Disney. Do we even know the CM is an adult male? How much gripping power does one have while sporting a Rabbit suit?
    The voice in the video is a males, presuming that the voice is from the rabbit means that the cast member is male. Enough gripping power to hurt someone if you wanted to.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Not like they could even verify it was the same CM in the suit

Most likely it wasn't regarding the other lawsuit.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    The voice in the video is a males, presuming that the voice is from the rabbit means that the cast member is male. Enough gripping power to hurt someone if you wanted to.
    So you have been in a Rabbit suit?
    "Nice work, pal"

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Enough gripping power to hurt someone if you wanted to.
    Whether or not the Rabbit had the capability of physically harming those girls is not at issue. The girls were obviously not physically harmed, they sought out no first aid or medical treatment. After the incident they went about their day at Disneyland as normal.....although by the clues to their behavior shown in the video, normal for them probably included littering and line cutting.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Whether or not the Rabbit had the capability of physically harming those girls is not at issue. The girls were obviously not physically harmed, they sought out no first aid or medical treatment. After the incident they went about their day at Disneyland as normal.....although by the clues to their behavior shown in the video, normal for them probably included littering and line cutting.
    I was just answering someone elses question. Regardless if they were harmed or not the cast member was way way way out of line and if Disney follows its own rules, will already be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    So you have been in a Rabbit suit?
    I can't say too much, but while I've never been in a White Rabbit costume I can't say the same about other costumes.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is the family's fault. I don't care how old you are... 4, 14, 24, 64.... you do NOT do that to the character performers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    This is the family's fault. I don't care how old you are... 4, 14, 24, 64.... you do NOT do that to the character performers.
    Tail pulling happens a lot. I'd be surprised if theres a character cast member who portrays a character with a tail, that hasn't had their tail pulled. Characters get punched and kicked sometimes too. Yes its wrong for it to happen, but its part of the cast members job to put up with it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast