Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gate

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: 3rd Gate

The city already selected the streetcar alternative.

•   

So you guys think this could actually be done then? In the toy story lot?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    After cars land I think they should just expand the 2 parks first. The two parks are so convenient. With all the attractions its like having 3-4 WDW parks crammed together. If they fix TL, expand the area behind frontierland(next to toontown), and add more to DCA's Hollywood Studios, Cars Land unused back left corner, paradise pier, and wilderness trail.... that to me is a 3rd park without all the walking (or horrid shuttles). They just need to add more hotels and parking.
    I second this. Never a good idea to start a new park while the existing parks remain incomplete/underdeveloped.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Banned User

Disneyland? Underdeveloped????? The park with probably more attractions than any Disney park in the world.
    DCA has more rides and attractions than Animal kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

Its about expanding your audience and and creating a more complete and lengthy experience for those who might consider taking their 1 week per year vacation to the DLR.
    I know locals want every decision that is made to be based upon their patronage, but its time for TDA to think beyond just than. You can please both.

If you are waiting for everything to be ABSOLUTELY perfect and refurbished at both parks and completely built out with all enhancements and details completed with absolutely nothing left to do at either park, then there will never be one more inch of development on the property. Because that will, and could never happen.

Anyway, it is fairly obvious that Disney has absolutely no intention of building a new park in Anaheim anytime in the next decade, which means there ARE absolutely NO plans because anything past a decade would change within that time anyway.
    Im betting on some enhancements to TL, but it doesnt seem like disney has any plans for major investment to DLR in the near future.

Put it this way, even with all of the money that has been spent at WDW in the last few years, if Marvel wast excluded from being able to enter into the WDW parks, major, massive plans would be being finalized as we speak for a new park or land to be added. But there is no such frenzy existing at DLR because Disney doesnt feel the need or have the desire. Instead, the first Marvel land will be in Asia where i believe they feel more potential growth exists.

The fact that with Anaheims occupancy rates, and the DLR hotel occupancy rates that there are no hotel resorts under construction or planned for the near future tells you all you need to know about Disneys feelings about its west coast resort.

I think I said it already in this thread, but the parking lots and getting in there are atrocious in Disneyland. Long wait times. They need to find a way to fix and expand that before they add another park. They are filling up DCA rather nicely. I think it is arguably the best park in either DL or WDW (other than Disneyland and Magic Kingdom of course). Carsland was a lovely addition.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    You should check out some of the RCID maps on land use and suitability. The land at Walt Disney World has been consumed by poor land management and sales. There is not as much room as one would expect.

How is it rumor when the third gate has publicly been acknowledged by The Walt Disney Company as being part of the Disneyland Resort's master plan?
    I said it's going to happen..but we do know when..where...or what the park will be..only rumors

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I said it's going to happen..but we do know when..where...or what the park will be..only rumors
    Again, we do know exactly where. It is not rumor.
    http://yesterland.com/images-westcot...ot2_zoning.jpg

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Thanks lazyboy, the only differences to that map are the "parking area" above the "future expansion area" became GardenWalk with underground parking and Disney hotel lease options in the sky (to be built?)... Plus Westcot became DCA... And they never took out the hotel and 7-Eleven at the corner.

And the power lines aren't shown in their final route.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Again, we do know exactly where. It is not rumor.
    http://yesterland.com/images-westcot...ot2_zoning.jpg
    Well until Disney say's it's so...it's a rumor those plans are pretty old to be basing fact on

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How so when it's got a temporary variance as a parking lot and we know it's Disney's land and how big it is by parking there?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'm just saying it's a rumor....until Disney starts doing stuff it's not really true...I can say they're going to make a Yoda Movie but until they start ot announce it its just rumors

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

While its true no decision has been made to build a 3rd park if and when they do, this "future expansion area" is the only place large enough in the property they control in Anaheim for a theme park. So if the parks and hotels stay at full capacity, a 3rd park would grow the resort and their income enough to justify a build.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The city already selected the streetcar alternative.
    The map: (Oct 20, 2012)
    Anaheim Station May Get Disneyland Streetcar Connection - Meanwhile in the OC... - Curbed LA

The decision: (Oct 25, 2012)
    Soon You'll Be Able to Take a Train to a Streetcar to a Monorail to Disneyland - Meanwhile in the OC... - Curbed LA

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I'm just saying it's a rumor....until Disney starts doing stuff it's not really true...I can say they're going to make a Yoda Movie but until they start ot announce it its just rumors
    As CaliforniaAdventurer pointed out, the parking lot zoning is operating under a variance. Disney has a site selected for the third park. That is a separate issue from if/when they move forward on the project. If this was 1967 you'd be saying the location of Walt Disney World is just a rumor.

Six years at best before its open? Geeze!
    Last edited by lazyboy97O; 03-03-2013 at 01:57 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney Expansion Plans Are Reason for Streetcar Proposal

During questioning by Orange County Transportation Authority directors Thursday morning, Anaheim City Councilwoman Kris Murray acknowledged what insiders have been saying for months about the city's planned streetcar project: A major reason for the transit line is to allow expansion of the Disneyland Resort.

West Katella Avenue and West Ball Road Ball, which border the park, are “beyond capacity,” Murray said. “If we're ever going to see a third gate at Disneyland,” she said, “we need to get cars off the road.”
    Disney Expansion Plans Are Reason for Streetcar Proposal - Voice of OC | Orange County's Nonprofit Investigative News Agency: OC North

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast