Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gate

•   

3rd Gate

So i was in the park a couple of days ago and i was inside the store "Off the Page" in Hollywood land inside of DCA and i began to talk to a cast member about purchasing a behind the scenes video, we then began to talk about Disney information we know. After covering several topics about Disneyland and its sister park Caliofnira Adventure i brought up the 3rd gate park and asked him if he believes its a possibility or if were just hyping something up that wont happen. He then thought about it and brought up 2 interesting points i would love to share with my fellow mice chatters.
    1-Cast members park here if this 3rd gate does happen then where would the cast member park?(a near by cast member obviously eavesdropping, suggested angel stadium?)
    2-The parking lot is about 5 acres or so(according to him) which is not big enough for a theme park. Cars Land alone is 12 acres just to put that into perspective. Name:  toy story lot.JPG
Views: 1662
Size:  37.6 KB
    I know Walt Disney said so himself "its kind of fun to do the impossible" so did that cast member just shatter all of our dreams including my own? Lets hear it mice chat can this be done?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: 3rd Gate

The Third Gate has long been slated for the land that now is partially occupied by the Toy Story Parking Lot, also known as the "Strawberry fields." It will happen at some point, but not as quickly as expected in the 1990s through 2001. Disney even had a teaser web page about the park at one time.

There's plenty of room over there for a full theme park. The KCML (Katella Cast Member Lot) sits on a small portion of the area. As for CM parking? Easy. If CMs don't get part of the new parking structure east of Harbor (where I believe Pumbaa now sits), perhaps Disney builds BCML (Ball CM Lot) into another CM parking structure. BCML currently sits next to the Mickey and Friends parking structure and not far from the TDA CM parking structure. If Disney builds up BCML, they'd obviously need to expand backstage shuttle service, but it shouldn't be an issue.

• Dead men tell no tales.

I guess it's possible but I'd much rather see a new Tomorrowland than a 3rd park. In fact, I'm pretty content with what DLR has to offer as it is and when I visit its hard to do everything is like to do as it is, let alone with a 3rd park to explore.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Third Gate has long been slated for the land that now is partially occupied by the Toy Story Parking Lot, also known as the "Strawberry fields." It will happen at some point, but not as quickly as expected in the 1990s through 2001. Disney even had a teaser web page about the park at one time.
    Do you happen to know the website or if there are records of it somewhere? Wayback Machine maybe?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's time to think critically about putting parking, backstage facilities, show buildings etc. under ground and having theme park areas on two or three levels. Perhaps hotel rooms upstairs.

Hope Park 3 won't be more sprawled out.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Do you happen to know the website or if there are records of it somewhere? Wayback Machine maybe?
    Planning News

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It's time to think critically about putting parking, backstage facilities, show buildings etc. under ground and having theme park areas on two or three levels. Perhaps hotel rooms upstairs.

Hope Park 3 won't be more sprawled out.
    WestCOT was supposed to be more vertically layered with Future World below grade, Four Corners of the World occupying two to three levels with hotels above that.

• Minion

Isn't there a contract between TWDC and TDA that legally forces them to build a third theme park eventually? Kind of like the situation in DLP? Or am I getting resorts confused/hearing rumors?

No there is no contract. The reason that DLP and I believe HKDL have contracts for another gate is because of the deal that was put in place for land use in and around the resort District in the International parks. The Hong Kong govenrment and the company that runs the DLP resort just do not want land sitting there unused too long. If Disney did not or does not build within the time line then theland can be used for other things
    WDC does not own those resorts and the land they sit on but they do own the land in both USA resorts.
    Last edited by Baloo; 04-11-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    2-The parking lot is about 5 acres or so(according to him) which is not big enough for a theme park. Cars Land alone is 12 acres just to put that into perspective.
    The land for a future 3rd gate is as big as California Adventure, including Cars Land. And if they were able to get that entire block, it would equal the size of Disneyland.

That 5 acre number is referring to something else.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Isn't there a contract between TWDC and TDA that legally forces them to build a third theme park eventually? Kind of like the situation in DLP? Or am I getting resorts confused/hearing rumors?
    Team Disney Anaheim is completely within The Walt Disney Company. There is no separate operating structure like there is for Euro Disney SCA or Hongkong International Theme Parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Team Disney Anaheim is completely within The Walt Disney Company. There is no separate operating structure like there is for Euro Disney SCA or Hongkong International Theme Parks.
    That's what I thought...I'm not sure what I was hearing. But it would've been nice to have a guaranteed third park on the way.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Disney has made an agreement with Anaheim to build a third gate on this property. It had to get an exception to temporarily use it for parkings. You can find this in The City of Anaheim records and media reporting on these topics.

The unused dirt area to the right and bottom of the parking is actually a noise buffer. Part of the stipulation of using it as a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    1-Cast members park here if this 3rd gate does happen then where would the cast member park?(a near by cast member obviously eavesdropping, suggested angel stadium?)
    2-The parking lot is about 5 acres or so(according to him) which is not big enough for a theme park. Cars Land alone is 12 acres just to put that into perspective. Name:  toy story lot.JPG
Views: 1662
Size:  37.6 KB
    The Cast Member paking lot is the top sections of the parking lot. You can see a broad hortizontal border between the two. The cast parking extends lft over the gray square shaped apartments on the right.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I think they need to find ways to improve the parking for guests first. Getting into the parking lot can be treacherous sometimes. Find a way to get another way to get into the parking lots and cut down on the traffic.

The only two things I can think that is against having a third park, would be the parking issue which many of you guys already pointed out. Along with that another issue I potentially can see is how to connect it to the other two parks. It takes a mere minute to walk between California Adventures and Disneyland I wonder how they would work getting between parks easily, especially since its something most passholders and guest have become acustomed to. The only thing I can think of is maybe connect a bride between the potential third park and the back end of California Adventure and create a new entrance/exit for California Adventure( kind of like how Knotts Berry Farm has mulitple exits).

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast