Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A San Fransisco to Anaheim (Disney) trip and then home with two and a half year o

I live about an hour from SF, and I have to say for a 2 1/2 year old the Pier / Fisherman's Warf area would be my vote. There is an aquarium, Sea Lions and a Carousel to play on/ in. Nice places to eat and some souveneir shops as well.

I second the vote for Gilroy Gardens, it's perfect for his age and it is really a nice place. If your child was older I would recommend some of the museums or the Academy of Science. Or even Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk.

Re: A San Fransisco to Anaheim (Disney) trip and then home with two and a half year o

Also don't worry about the drive from the Bay Area to DL. We drive it once or twice a year. 5 south is no big deal, about 6 hours.. not a scenic drive, but not hard either.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    As a youngish gal who has not yet had children, my ignorant input would be to consider taking this trip just the two of you and leave the kiddo at home. I wouldn't consider San Fran to be a very great child destination. Disneyland could be, but I always felt a bit of pity for the parents pushing strollers around, unable to ride the rides together, especially if it's a trip that they can't take often.

Again, I'm saying this with no personal experience of traveling with a child, just throwing it out there for consideration.

We did that last year, just the two of us. Although we only stayed in Southern California. This time our son will be 2.5 years old. It'll be a fun age for him to see things. We want him to share in the trip this time.

• Elk Grove Chris

Quote Originally Posted by shawnman View Post
    I live about an hour from SF, and I have to say for a 2 1/2 year old the Pier / Fisherman's Warf area would be my vote. There is an aquarium, Sea Lions and a Carousel to play on/ in. Nice places to eat and some souveneir shops as well.

I second the vote for Gilroy Gardens, it's perfect for his age and it is really a nice place. If your child was older I would recommend some of the museums or the Academy of Science. Or even Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk.
    Second Academy of Sciences or the Exploratorium, lots of hands on stuff for all ages. You could easily spend all day at Golden Gate Park. Beach is only 10 minutes away straight west (cold thou as noted).
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12