View Poll Results: Disposable cups & boxes should have the word/s...

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

79 61.24%
  • Disney Parks

3 2.33%
  • a design themed to the land you are in

45 34.88%
  • Nothing. Details don't make Disneyland special.

2 1.55%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Do you prefer "Disneyland" or "Disney Parks" on disposable cups & boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    My enjoyment of Disneyland has nothing to do with what words are printed on cups.
    Maybe for me it's the logo...or the fact that I'm not in a Disney park...I'm at the Original Disneyland or maybe when you see something that you know was made just for this park...makes somethings feel more special then every cup and napkin being the same

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Shopping bags are another item, I know people who collect them, who would make an additional purchase if the bag said the name of the store on it.

I know it costs money and most guests wouldn't care but this little touch of theming used to be the DISNEY WAY.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do very little shopping in the stores since the generic movement began. I guess if you multiply me times how many other people feel the same way, it adds up to the # of dollars not collected by Disney.

• Minion

Honestly, I'd rather have blank cups and napkins then having Disney Parks written on them. having Disney Parks on everything screams cheapness and while having nothing on them would be even cheaper, at least it wouldn't be as obvious Disney is taking the cheaper option.

That may make no sense whatsoever, but it makes sense in my head

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think you mean to say, "Printing up DISNEY PARKS on everything is just such an obvious, transparent step to cheapen the product and make some sort of economies of scale where they aren't necessary. There is no such place as DISNEY PARK or DISNEY PARKS. It's in the imagination of some suit in the back. So if they can't afford specialty napkins, just give us blank brown ones, thank you very much, it's almost condescending to see these new ones."

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    My enjoyment of Disneyland has nothing to do with what words are printed on cups.
    My enjoyment of Disneyland stems from the details and from the pride that Disney (used to) take in making Disneyland a special and unique place, and in the way it uses its specialness and uniqueness to create intimacy between the Guest and the park. This is the intimacy that allows the park to convey its messages and tell its stories, that allows the park to create a relationship with the Guest, making Disneyland an experience that is (or used to be) incomparable from any other amusement park. You are not in the non-existent impersonal realm of "Disney Parks", you are in Disneyland, your land, this very special magic kingdom that has things to show you and for you to experience. The "Disney Parks" label symbolizes all that is wrong with the current state of the park: it conveys a sense of disconnection and impersonalization, it creates the idea that Disneyland is no special place, but another property in the glob of franchises and properties and brands that is the current Disney company. It shows that this corporation takes no pride in differentiating one of its products from another--Disneyland ceases to be unique and becomes just another theme park that serves as a dumping ground for characters and franchises and properties that Disney owns without regard for what the original vision of Disneyland was and the ideas that it conveyed. And in the same way that Disneyland is no longer a special place but a cash-source and brand-promoter for the cooperation, each Guest is not a special Guest but a source of money coming to enjoy the all-powerful Disney brand. Do the words on a cup or a label printed on a bag make or break the park? No, but it is a sure sign of the current vision and the problems with the current state of Disney.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 02-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I think you mean to say, "Printing up DISNEY PARKS on everything is just such an obvious, transparent step to cheapen the product and make some sort of economies of scale where they aren't necessary. There is no such place as DISNEY PARK or DISNEY PARKS. It's in the imagination of some suit in the back. So if they can't afford specialty napkins, just give us blank brown ones, thank you very much, it's almost condescending to see these new ones."
    Haha, yes that's what I meant, well done for wording it 100 times better than I did

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

High Five. Are you in FRANCE at the moment? PM me!

• California Adventurer...

This is sort of on topic... but this thread made me think... I think Disney should make hard plastic reusable bottles with the Disneyland logo, specifically, printed on them and offer some sort of discount for drinks (maybe 15-20%?) to those who use them. It would be a good way to promote helping the environment, maybe cut down a little bit on the price of paper products (which im sure is practically nonexistent in comparison with the HIGH drink prices, but still). With the high amount of AP's visiting DL and DCA in particular, it would be a good opportunity to appeal to this group specifically by using the DL logo on them.

I remember when Pizza Port had awesome location specific paper products.

The Disney Parks paper products bug me a little. Mostly I think I associate the phrase Disney Parks with cheapness and the clone mentality. I'd actually prefer just an image of Mickey over the lame attempt at corporate branding. Doesn't Tokyo still use the old purple and yellow paper products with Mickey that Disneyland had in the 80s?

The shopping bags bug me more than the paper products. I don't want to see people walking around with a bag with Cinderella's castle on it when I'm at Disneyland.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    This is sort of on topic... but this thread made me think... I think Disney should make hard plastic reusable bottles with the Disneyland logo, specifically, printed on them and offer some sort of discount for drinks (maybe 15-20%?) to those who use them. It would be a good way to promote helping the environment, maybe cut down a little bit on the price of paper products (which im sure is practically nonexistent in comparison with the HIGH drink prices, but still). With the high amount of AP's visiting DL and DCA in particular, it would be a good opportunity to appeal to this group specifically by using the DL logo on them.
    Duplicate the refillable cup deals found at Baja Fresh and other restaurant chains - 99c for a refill if you have the special cup. Considering the actual cost including the ice and a paper cup is around 10 cents, they're still way ahead.

If they want to control the purchases, a "price gun" tagger or a price label printer at the restaurant cash registers, and you've got a sticker with the date and time you paid for the refill. The purchase is good for an hour or 90 minutes. Keep people honest.

And no cheaping out with "Disney Parks" - A single "Disneyland Resort" will work, but separate ones for each side would be better.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Cretan

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Disneyland and California Adventure, of course. This "One Disney" crap sucks.
    Yup, at least this. Now go Disneyland "land" specific and now you're cooking with fire.
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

• Banned User

It would be awesome if each establishment could have its own cups but the simplified ordering, storage and cost savings that Disney likely gets from having one cup for the entire empire is much more staggering than you all might realize. Instead of every store/land/park needing to constantly monitor its stock of these items, they just call up more from central storage. That type of streamlining seems a bit ridiculous, but the time and labour it saves is often dramatic.

Disneyland cups give me a smile and some pride. Disney Parks feels like they're plugging WDW. I would prefer DL, but have blank over disney parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    It would be awesome if each establishment could have its own cups but the simplified ordering, storage and cost savings that Disney likely gets from having one cup for the entire empire is much more staggering than you all might realize. Instead of every store/land/park needing to constantly monitor its stock of these items, they just call up more from central storage. That type of streamlining seems a bit ridiculous, but the time and labour it saves is often dramatic.
    Would that effect having Disneyland and DCA branded cups and napkins or even just a Disneyland Resort logo on everything?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast