View Poll Results: Disposable cups & boxes should have the word/s...

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

79 61.24%
  • Disney Parks

3 2.33%
  • a design themed to the land you are in

45 34.88%
  • Nothing. Details don't make Disneyland special.

2 1.55%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• former CM

Question Do you prefer "Disneyland" or "Disney Parks" on disposable cups & boxes?

Disposable cups and boxes inside of Disneyland would look more special to me if they featured the name "Disneyland" instead of the corporate, cost efficient "Disney Parks" branding. Branding here feels like a bovine imposition.

What do you think?

• Minion

Re: Do you prefer "Disneyland" or "Disney Parks" on disposable cups & boxes?

Disneyland and California Adventure, of course. This "One Disney" crap sucks.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    ^^this...

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I really don't see them going back to resort specific items. The Disney Parks stuff has been around a very long time. Even their commercials feature a castle that in reality exists nowhere. That annoys me most of all.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• former CM

^ ^Jasmineray & Clara, this is Micechat!

Please use "poo poo,"
    "doo doo,"
    "caca,"
    "big tote" (a shout out to you Slovak-Americans from Racine!)
    "fecal"
    "#2,"
    or go literary with "execrable."

"Crap" is reserved for Magic Mountain (Sorry Gregg/Sir C!), malfunctioning Yetis, abandoned Peoplemover tracks, and the studios park at Disneyland Paris.

And when did "sucks" become a socially acceptable word for something negative?
    Oh yeah, before the Georgia Sodomy Laws were repealed.

Below are photos from Andy Castro's update today that inspired this thread.

(From Andy) "New paper foodservice products are slowly being rolled out. Popcorn boxes and coffee cups are now sporting a new design."

"Disneyland" (not "Disney Parks") cups, boxes, and napkins,
    along with topiaries, working Peoplemovers and area-themed garbage cans
    are all able to put me in a good Disney mood.

Last edited by jcruise86; 02-25-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo

• Filmmaker

Ideally cups/boxes themed to each land would be great; it's that kind of attention to little details that Disney is famous for and it's a shame that it is being sacrificed in favor of "brand identity" or some other bland corporate nonsense. I don't mind it so much in the marketing, but in the parks is a different story.

Failing that it's definitely better to have the paper products at the very least themed to the park that they reside in rather than just bland "Disney Parks" crap that doesn't match the themeing of anywhere.

• Minion

I am ok with it being Disneyland or WDW I think land specific might be a bit too much IMO. There would be threads about TL cups being seen in the NOS trash cans on here I bet LOL

• former CM

Hey Disney Marketeers,
    if there were different, cool, themed cups in Fantasyland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square and Tomorrowland, do you think this might improve beverage sales?
    Hmmmm.

P.S. At Universal Studios in Hollywood they have cool Universal sugar packs. I've taken a few extra on a couple of visits, and I avoid using them at home because they look so excellent to me.
    THEY REMIND ME OF UNIVERSAL. That's marketing. I associate Universal with sweetness and with making the extra effort to beautify the sugar packs. As much as I love the Disneyland Resort I would LOVE Universal's S. California Wizarding World of Harry Potter to out-theme Disney.

Yes, I'm weird. Just like grown ups who spend hundreds golfing, skiing, attending NFL games or Broadway shows. I'm weird. I'm into THEME parks. And I spend money. Please try to earn it.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-25-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I am ok with it being Disneyland or WDW I think land specific might be a bit too much IMO. There would be threads about TL cups being seen in the NOS trash cans on here I bet LOL
    Funny! A Liberty Square cup I saw when I pushed open a Frontierland trash can DESTROYED my entire 13-day WDW vacation! (Since this is Micechat I'll add, yes, I'm kidding!)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Ideally cups/boxes themed to each land would be great; it's that kind of attention to little details that Disney is famous for and it's a shame that it is being sacrificed in favor of "brand identity" or some other bland corporate nonsense. I don't mind it so much in the marketing, but in the parks is a different story.

Failing that it's definitely better to have the paper products at the very least themed to the park that they reside in rather than just bland "Disney Parks" crap that doesn't match the theming of anywhere.
    Good post!

I was just going to have two options when I made this poll, but then I thought that I'd like cups themed to the lands. It could be done.

Maybe after Michael Eisner's RISC (Rasulo, Iger, Staggs, Croften) have all retired along with the stench of the Pressler (rather than the Wells) - influenced Eisner.

I predict that Thomas Staggs does become the CEO of Disney in 2015 (he should become Lasseter's #2) and is then forced out in 2018 or 2019 for losing market share to other more ambitious parks
    and for not knowing a thing about movies--the way Eisner was forced out by Roy Disney's second revolt. Staggs' smile is the most overrated thing in the Walt Disney Company. Get rid of Disney Parks branding and make US smile.

I don't care. Either way, it ends up in the trash.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    +1
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post

Either way they have to print up x thousand cups per location per day, why not print up a few styles and have one per land - maybe allowing ToonTown/Fantasyland to share one design and Critter Country/NOS/Frontierland to share another.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Funny! A Liberty Square cup I saw when I pushed open a Frontierland trash can DESTROYED my entire 13-day WDW vacation! (Since this is Micechat I'll add, yes, I'm kidding!)
    Yes yes I was kidding as well. I do wonder though about the logistics of this whole thing. Meaning do all the cups for the whole operation come from one plant? I am thinking they don't. My company has plants all over the country that makes our generic design for each areas rather than making them brand specific. So how much money are they saving with the one parks generic stuff. Esentially they are saving money on the designer I guess at the corporate office who could probably easily deisgn a park specific design pretty quickly. Seems like a lame shortcut for a brand who thrives on their theming. Especially if the cups and containers are being made in different plants already.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    And your food all ends up in the toilet. So who cares about how that appeals to the senses?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast