Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

very good proposal experience at the blue bayou

i shall keep this short. I have been trying for over a year to work out a plan to propose to my Gf in various ways in disneyland. Just trying to see what was allowed and how hard it would be to get help from a character. Anyways i ran into roadblocks and could not get a straight answer from anyone on the phone so i came up with my own plan.

oddly enough when i called to make my totally unrelated dinner reservation with the Blue Bayou for our first day there the CM on the phone asked if i was celebrating anything. I told her i had hoped to get engaged earlier in the day at the park and would be celebrating that. She asked if I had any special plans for it and I relayed my frustration with not being able to get an answer. She was VERY helpful and got the manager of the Blue Bayou to call me regarding options.

Needless to say everything was an extra expense that they did, but the fact they were willing to do it was great. I opted for what they called "proposal assistance". I also asked what the chances of were finding the Darkwing Duck character to maybe be there. she said that would be unlikely since he has not been seen there in years.

roughly a week later she called me back regarding Darkwing. she was able to produce an 8x10 glossy of him made out to my GF. She also offered to have a sketch done of him with the date and her name on it at an additional fee. I was ok with the pricing and all in on it.

so we arrive at the Blue Bayou for our 5 oclock dinner and i double check with the CM at the door to make sure there is some sort of notification going on when my gf ran to the restroom. She said there was a note that something was going on and to contact their lead.

As we are led to our seats there was a picture stand with the 8x10 of darkwing on the table. my Gf was very amused with this.

here is where the story takes an odd detour. at the table directly next to us there was a couple. the man was vomiting on his plate. Which i thought was odd but who knows right? After we were seated and our drink order taken i noticed he was still vomiting and now was choking. His gf asked if he was ok and he shook his head no. She tried to give him the heimlich but it did not work and he was projectile vomiting all over everything including my shoes and the carped under out table. I couldn't believe this was happening and no one was helping him so i walked up behind him and punched him in the back VERY hard twice. the food was dislodged and he was able to breathe. lol sadly i was thinking.. not on my watch man not after i planned all this out so far in advance can i let this get screwed up.

anyways after this my gf and i joked about me being a hero, and i looked at the darkwing picture and asked it "where were you buddy?"

after dinner our desert plated was brought out with the words "will you marry me" written in chocolate. I had it done that way so i couldnt back out. she took a minute or so to compose herself and said yes. It was at this point the proposal assistance really kicked in. A man in a tux brought out 2 champagne glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider(no booze in DL) along with 4 white roses and the other darkwing duck sketch. It was an amazing moment and some VERY real Disney Magic. just thought i would share

so yes I saved a mans life and got engaged all at one time. BEST HOUR EVERName:  02171756.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  125.5 KB

Re: very good proposal experience at the blue bayou

Congrats ! Sounds great except the odd chocking man at the table next to you..and probably the smell. Congrats again.

thank you

Congratulations to the both of you! Sounds like a very memorable proposal, in a few different ways

]

• former CM

Mazel tov, gtsouthard!

That was one of the best stories I've ever read on Micechat!
    (I'm giving this post five stars.)

You even followed one of John Waters' rules of storytelling: ALWAYS include a vomit scene.

If I could do so by hitting a button, I'd link your post to my Facebook page.

feel free to repost it on your facebook

Quote Originally Posted by jenpace View Post
    Congratulations to the both of you! Sounds like a very memorable proposal, in a few different ways
    thank you.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    feel free to repost it on your facebook
    I already did!

Don't sue me if it goes viral, unless I figure out a way to make money by exploiting your story!

• Drunken Disneyland Master

AWESOME! Your the man! congrads, I hope you two have a great life together. Wow, what a memory.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we'd love to see a photo if you have one!

]

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I already did!

Don't sue me if it goes viral, unless I figure out a way to make money by exploiting your story!
    if there is a way to get ANYTHING out of it let me know lol. I would LOVE free pass or two to the parks at some point for having an awesome story.

Quote Originally Posted by jenpace View Post
    I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we'd love to see a photo if you have one!
    sadly it was SO dark in there none of the pictures came out. the one at the 1st post with the chocolate" will you marry me" is the only one that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    if there is a way to get ANYTHING out of it let me know lol. I would LOVE free pass or two to the parks at some point for having an awesome story.

also feel free to add me on facebook so i can check out the repsonses. search the email [email protected] to find me

you know whats funny is i was worried about trying to top that guy with the downtown disney proposal flash mob thing. it appears it worked out just fine

• i believe in faeries.

what a story!!! i'm glad the man ended up being saved (thanks to you!) and it'll turn into a funny memory! congrats on the engagement!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast