DCA: Charecter Dancing is it gone?

Having kids we had enjoyed the Dancing with the Charecters at DCA. (in the old who wants to be a millionaire building). This gave parents the ability to have their impatient kids meet charecters without standing in long lines outside to meet them! The music was fun and the atmosphere was great.

On a recent visit I noticed it was gone? What gives? It seems this area has issue's with getting people in..maybe a facelift so people know their is something inside would be great!

• Certified in everything

Re: DCA: Charecter Dancing is it gone?

Kids have fun at Chuck E. Cheese too... I might even argue that the atmosphere there is fun and "great", but the simple fact that "kids have fun" doesn't make it worthy of a Disney theme park. The attraction did a nice job handling the huge influx of DCA relaunch summer crowds, but enough is enough. The idea of "Dancin' with Disney" (essentially a bare soundstage filled with old ElecTRONica furniture) becoming a permanent part of a Disney park is sickening, especially given what Disney charges for admission.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Kids have fun at Chuck E. Cheese too... I might even argue that the atmosphere there is fun and "great", but the simple fact that "kids have fun" doesn't make it worthy of a Disney theme park. The attraction did a nice job handling the huge influx of DCA relaunch summer crowds, but enough is enough. The idea of "Dancin' with Disney" (essentially a bare soundstage filled with old ElecTRONica furniture) becoming a permanent part of a Disney park is sickening, especially given what Disney charges for admission.
    So... you're saying nothing is better than something?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Not that it was the greatest offering, but it did feature some photo ops with rare characters found no where else at the resort. In the case of Clara Cluck, at no other resort globally.

• Minion

We also enjoyed it, and I hope it comes back for the summer.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• i believe in faeries.

when we went in september, my daughter and nephew (both 4) enjoyed it... it was an escape from the heat, and gave them the oppotunity to meet some characters... but i couldn't help feeling that it was a 'meantime' attraction; something put there while they decided what to really do with the space.

• Minion

It can be. If it's a lower quality "attraction," it may make the Disneyland Resort as a whole look lesser than it was before. This type of reaction is not uncommon around these parts.

That being said, I thought Dancing with Disney made good enough use of an otherwise empty area to justify its stay over the past summer. It should be replaced with something better this year.

• Certified in everything

Kindove... I'm saying nothing is better than Dancin' with Disney (in its current form). In my opinion, the attraction does more to hurt the new image of DCA than help it. If you offer a premium product, anything that far below your standard dilutes your image.

I have nothing against an interactive dance experience with rare characters... but the way Dancin' with Disney was pulled off was too amateurish to have any benefit in the park.

I can excuse the attraction if it was put together hastily before one huge summer to handle crowds that exceeded expectations... but after a year there are no more excuses.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."