Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Re: Proposals: stupid to get your hopes up?

There is also a downside to being proposed to at Disneyland.

I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but it happened to me there twice. By two different men. I only married 1 of the 2 and im not with either one anymore. It was a little rough the first time I went back after each break up, but I couldn't stay sad for long, I was at Disneyland!!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Sock Puppet

if the other person knows you well enough and they know you loooooove Disneyland, then it should be a given that in front of the castle would be the ultimate proposal for you to make your dreams come true!

• Minion

A man can care about a woman and know she likes Disneyland, but still choose to ask her in the way he wants to ask her. And maybe that doesn't involve Disneyland.

Often times the woman has a large say in how the wedding itself goes. I think it's nice if the guy has the chance to have a part of it too. And the proposal is a big part of that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a man making his girlfriend, etc. happy. Just as I think a woman should work to make the man in her life happy. It's a two way street.

At some point though I think it's fine for a woman to let a man be who he is without labeling him as "clueless" or just not "getting it."

Who knows? Maybe the guy has always had his own idea as to how he wanted to do it.

Men and women often think on different wavelengths though. And for every woman who jokes about her husband/bf being "clueless" there's a guy who's probably thinking she doesn't "get it" either. Whatever it is. That's just how it is when you have two mindsets that are programmed differently come together.

I do believe though that just because a man doesn't always do something the way the woman thinks he should doesn't necessarily make him clueless. Nor does it mean he doesn't care about her.

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    IMHO the best way to assure you are proposed to at DL is to find the right man who cares about you and knows you well enough to know just how important DL is to you.

My daughter's dream since she 3 years old was to get engaged at DL. We live 2000 miles from DL. She found the right man and he proposed to her at DL. DL wasn't his passion but making my daughter happy was and still is!

dsny1mom
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 03-04-2013 at 08:30 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Your proposal should be about the two of you. If Disneyland is a special place for both of you, then your s/o probably already knows that you want to be proposed there. If it's only important to you, it might not be the place they first think of.

It's important to give your s/o the benefit of the doubt. Do you really want your proposal to happen just as you planned it in your head? I think you'd be much happier to be surprised by what happens.

I realize this is your dream and I get it, however when you have found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, it will not matter wether he proposes to you at Disneyland or the Dump. It's about your feelings for the person not the place.

• Disney Obsessed

I was with my boyfriend for 5 or 6 years when he finally proposed. We had lived together for a bit over a year and once we moved in together we had a firm serious marriage talk. I told him you know that when you propose someday I'm going to say yes... so I won't say yes unless it's in disneyland. The rest is up to you. We talked about how I LOVE being the center of attention and he doesn't... and I told him it doesn't have to be in front of a crowd.... but I wouldn't mind if it was ... I got engaged on the drawbridge of the castle at night... not a lot of people walking by, just me him and my family snapping pictures away! It was perfect!

I also have a man who wants to make me happy all the time. He doesnt love disneyland by any means, BUT he knows I do so he goes with me twice a year to make me happy. And he has a good time... he would also be fine if we waited like 2 years to go back lol.

So I told him what I wanted and he gave it to me. Honestly I wouldve been happy to get that ring anywhere but I'm glad it was at disneyland because I can't wait to show my kids the pictures of us there and then show them the spot.

I think if you're in a serious committed relationship you should be able to talk open and frankly about things you want, goals and dreams you have. Including the proposal

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    I think an important thing you are missing is whether or not that place is special to your future husband. When my fiancé proposed to me, it was at a place that was special to US, rather than just me. While we both love Disneyland, he chose somewhere much more special and MUCH more private.

It bothers me when girls try to dictate the proposal and make it all about themselves. It seems the man is often forgotten. I'm sure as you get older and the time is right, it will be perfect
    This is an excellent point - took the words right out of my mouth.

My wife and I have been married for about a year and a half now. I proposed to her on New Years Morning 2008, but before that we'd been discussing the possibility of getting married for some time... a year and a half prior if I recall. We'd hold little brief talks about it here and there and when we did I'd get my radar on and try hard to pick up on whatever hints she dropped or things she said she might like or not.

Long story short, when the moment came it was actually somewhat spontaneous, as I'd had the ring in my possession for some time and I felt it was more important to just go with the flow and capitalize on a mood or a moment. And luckily it worked perfectly and it was special and just right for the two of us.

On 2/13/13 we were at the park and actually did see a young man propose to his lady, and after they did I asked my wife if she would've preferred I proposed differently at all. She said, "No, I don't think so. I definitely wouldn't have said no under any circumstance, and certainly not in front of this [we were standing at the Snow White Grotto], but I wouldn't change a thing about how it went down. It was just us, and it was beautiful."

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, if you love each other, and you both want to be together, then go for it.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123