Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Updates on the People Mover?

All this talk of rusted rebars has me rather concerned.

Disney does repaint the track, but obviously not all of it everywhere. I think at least the part of the track that runs between Star Tours and BLAB is safe...I think... :/

A new Tomorrowland is coming, so this is the only real chance we have of getting a new version of the Peoplemover back to Disneyland. If there's a time to rise up about this strongly-missed attraction, that time is now. If enough fans banded together, got the media involved, and got Disney to take notice (and trust me, WDI has been working on this issue for years...where they're currently at, I have no idea), we could, ideally, hear something about the New Tomorrowland with a brand new version of the Peoplemover at the D23 Expo this year. That should be the goal.

The OC Register would be the best place to contact, but, as some of you know, I'm now a Disneyland journalist (Anaheim Disney Travel) at Examiner.com, so if they don't want to write a story...I will. I'll let you folks make that call.

We can't have another Rocket Rods. Disney has plenty of fast rides...Peoplemover was special because it was relaxing yet still exciting. People get tired and cranky rushing from place to place at Disneyland Resort, but a ride like the Peoplemover allows them to sit for 20 minutes, take a deep breath and recoup.

After the original Submarine Voyage (which I have come to accept that I'll never get back and just need to get to Tokyo already), I miss Peoplemover the most. I miss 3PO's commentary and rushing away from a stormtrooper. I miss traveling through the world of TRON. I miss sitting up high and taking in the beautiful sights of Disneyland from a different perspective. It was special. Rocket Rods wasn't enjoyable for me - all it did was rush you through everything. It's more worthwhile to have the slow and steady attraction with people still on the move.

The greatest loss in losing the Peoplemover was losing that kinetic energy in Tomorrowland. A world on the move, a great big beautiful tomorrow where new things are always happening and improving upon themselves. New and/or more eco-friendly technology could be used to generate this attraction and strengthen Tomorrowland in theme. Remember agrifuture? All the darn edible plants are still there, let's just take things one step further now. It's all there, ripe for the taking. Celebrating renewable energy, and still leaving room for synergy with Disney properties, especially the new acquisition's.

...oh my. A thought just occurred to me...what if WDI is planning on basing the majority of the New Tomorrowland on Star Wars additions? (Kind of off-topic, I know, but has anyone else thought about this?)

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    what if WDI is planning on basing the majority of the New Tomorrowland on Star Wars additions?
    I very much hope not. I like Star Wars as much as the next person, but a major attraction and a show are more than enough Star Wars attractions for Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland needs bigger ideas than representing one single franchise.

Star Wars Land is basically inevitable and could even be great, but Tomorrowland is not the place to do it.

• Artistic integrity

A "Star Wars" land in DHS in Florida, fine.
    A fully dedicated park for "Star Wars" in WDW, fine.
    A "Star Wars" land/park in a future 3rd Gate for Anaheim, fine.

To go here:

They got one big fat NO! from me.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• rebmeM roinuJ

The greatest loss in losing the Peoplemover was losing that kinetic energy in Tomorrowland. A world on the move...
    Thats definitely one of the things I always think about. the first time I went to Disneyland was about a year after the People Mover was removed. Seeing that (and the Skyway buckets) in older video clips makes it look so much more lively.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    a "star wars" land in dhs in florida, fine.
    A fully dedicated park for "star wars" in wdw, fine.
    A "star wars" land/park in a future 3rd gate for anaheim, fine.

To go here:

they got one big fat no! from me.
    or marvel!

• Iron-Clad Allie

All this talk of rusted rebars has me rather concerned.

Disney does repaint the track, but obviously not all of it everywhere. I think at least the part of the track that runs between Star Tours and BLAB is safe...I think... :/

A new Tomorrowland is coming, so this is the only real chance we have of getting a new version of the Peoplemover back to Disneyland. If there's a time to rise up about this strongly-missed attraction, that time is now. If enough fans banded together, got the media involved, and got Disney to take notice (and trust me, WDI has been working on this issue for years...where they're currently at, I have no idea), we could, ideally, hear something about the New Tomorrowland with a brand new version of the Peoplemover at the D23 Expo this year. That should be the goal.

The OC Register would be the best place to contact, but, as some of you know, I'm now a Disneyland journalist (Anaheim Disney Travel) at Examiner.com, so if they don't want to write a story...I will. I'll let you folks make that call.

We can't have another Rocket Rods. Disney has plenty of fast rides...Peoplemover was special because it was relaxing yet still exciting. People get tired and cranky rushing from place to place at Disneyland Resort, but a ride like the Peoplemover allows them to sit for 20 minutes, take a deep breath and recoup.

After the original Submarine Voyage (which I have come to accept that I'll never get back and just need to get to Tokyo already), I miss Peoplemover the most. I miss 3PO's commentary and rushing away from a stormtrooper. I miss traveling through the world of TRON. I miss sitting up high and taking in the beautiful sights of Disneyland from a different perspective. It was special. Rocket Rods wasn't enjoyable for me - all it did was rush you through everything. It's more worthwhile to have the slow and steady attraction with people still on the move.

The greatest loss in losing the Peoplemover was losing that kinetic energy in Tomorrowland. A world on the move, a great big beautiful tomorrow where new things are always happening and improving upon themselves. New and/or more eco-friendly technology could be used to generate this attraction and strengthen Tomorrowland in theme. Remember agrifuture? All the darn edible plants are still there, let's just take things one step further now. It's all there, ripe for the taking. Celebrating renewable energy, and still leaving room for synergy with Disney properties, especially the new acquisition's.

...oh my. A thought just occurred to me...what if WDI is planning on basing the majority of the New Tomorrowland on Star Wars additions? (Kind of off-topic, I know, but has anyone else thought about this?)
    I would rather see a WDW land completely themed to the PM (let's say People Mover Land) than see an entire land with nothing except Star Wars attractions - as much as I love SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I very much hope not. I like Star Wars as much as the next person, but a major attraction and a show are more than enough Star Wars attractions for Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland needs bigger ideas than representing one single franchise.

Star Wars Land is basically inevitable and could even be great, but Tomorrowland is not the place to do it.
    Agree with your perspective all the way. Let's call our rebellion, The Disney Empire Strikes Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    A "Star Wars" land in DHS in Florida, fine.
    A fully dedicated park for "Star Wars" in WDW, fine.
    A "Star Wars" land/park in a future 3rd Gate for Anaheim, fine.

To go here:

They got one big fat NO! from me.
    This is my bottom line too. We stand bent against A Star Wars takeover of Tomprrowland like there isn''t any tomorrow!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Wait...isn't Star Wars technically in the past? "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."
    well most people havent put that together i guess.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    Wait...isn't Star Wars technically in the past? "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."
    well most people havent put that together i guess.
    It may be a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but the technology and architecture that Star Wars utilizes is far more advanced and futuristic than that of Earth. We don't have lightsabers, we don't have starships that transport everyday people to other planets, we don't have freeways in the sky like on Corusant. Nevertheless, putting too much Star Wars in Tomorrowland would be overkill because it would further limit the opportunity for other ideas to be implemented into a redo of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    Also, I was watching some footage of Tommorowland from like the 90s' and it looks so much more alive with the PM moving through it.
    Oh dear lord, agreed! I was just a child in the 90's and all I can do is cling to those memories of riding it with my mom.

• Sock Puppet

Ride the PeopleMover thru the world of Monsanto, stated in an old poster for the ride, do we really want that back?

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Ride the PeopleMover thru the world of Monsanto, stated in an old poster for the ride, do we really want that back?
    Heck no! But a modern replacement would be great to have. It can absorb large crowds, get people off of their feet, and serve as a preview for the entire land (which has definitely seen better days!).

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Our best bet is to pray Pixar makes a PeopleMover movie...

The Incredibles had those pod things...

• Banned User

A new Tomorrowland is coming, so this is the only real chance we have of getting a new version of the Peoplemover back to Disneyland. If there's a time to rise up about this strongly-missed attraction, that time is now.
    I don't think DLR will see a new attraction or land for sometime. $1.1 Billion spent on DCA 2.0, and the resort is a success with attendance records. I seriously doubt corporate is anxious to spend another billion, rather they need to make the $$$ back, and that will probably take about 5 years or more.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Heck no, I don't see TDA sitting on their hands for the parks for 4 more years because by then they will lose crowd numbers. There will have to be something new next summer for sure. We will have Mickey and the Magical Map and Fantasy Faire. But remember DCA is still not finished. They did not redo Hollywood at all. I think will be seeing some new attraction over there next summer as they finish the redo. Back to people mover... The track conditions will require a huge project redo no matter what they do.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I think they'll reopen it if they hook a sponsor like Alamo that currently sponsors WDW's PM. If they do than they can revamp the whole thing even change the layout (depending how much they can get). This would mean having to close almost all of TomorrowLand or even all to redo track and layout. Space mountain would be a Biggie because I believe they took out all of the track through Space Mountain when they added Rocket Rods. A hint that they have plans is that when they renovated Startours they didn't make any attempts to patch any of the view windows. I think if they do bring it back, they will make it like WDW's with covered tracks, use their carts, use the same narrator they use at WDW's to make a new soundtrack, and have the audio imbedded into the roofing like at WDW's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast