Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• No Disassemble!

Re: Have any ride-vehicles (i.e, boats,cars,trains) remained intact since Walt rode t

Have the boats changed on the Storybook Land Canal Boats since the fifties? And what about the bonsai tree that Walt planted. Is it still there?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Re: Have any ride-vehicles (i.e, boats,cars,trains) remained intact since Walt rode t

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Have the boats changed on the Storybook Land Canal Boats since the fifties? And what about the bonsai tree that Walt planted. Is it still there?
    I was wondering that too. There has to be some random fantasy land stuff that still exists.

And from looking at the Long-Forgotten blog, it looks like the HM elevators were installed in 1962 or 63 but who knows how complete they were. I guess i could send an email.
    "Nice work, pal"

• formerly very helpful

How about Mrs. Disney's petrified tree?

• Seeker of Fun

I like to think of things such as the trees in front, plaques, and yes ride vehicles that overall haven't changed. I'm sure there's many things that Walt looked at, touched and experienced that are still around..as basic as they might be..like a tree!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

How about the Alice in Wonderland caterpillar vehicles

• Shubisha

They're not there anymore but I'm sure growing up as a kid I inevitably experienced a lot more of them... Weren't the Peter Pan ships some of the originals back when some were red and some were black sails?

Casey Jr. trains? Also, would the Disneyland railroad be the same? The monorail came in 1959 didn't it? The Pirate boats look the same to me.

I know one thing that Walt certainly sat in and that is the bench where he came up with Disneyland in the first place. They have it installed right near Mr. Lincoln. I would have sat in it if it wasn't roped off. I took a picture of it though. Lots of innovating on that bench which was in the park that he took his girls to go and play. The brainstorming that would have gone on while he was sitting there............wow.

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    The CoP building (Innoventions) is one, but it seems like it won't be there much longer, at least in its current state.
    I'm unaware of this, what is happening to it? I like that building, lots of neat things in it.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    I'm unaware of this, what is happening to it? I like that building, lots of neat things in it.
    It's rumored to be closing when Disney decides to revamp Tomorrowland, but nothing official.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    It's rumored to be closing when Disney decides to revamp Tomorrowland, but nothing official.
    That would be a shame.

With a place that sees as much traffic and as much use as Disneyland and it's many vehicles, I would hesitate to think that even the most lightly used attraction hasn't been restored and replaced several times. The opportunity to experience several places and attractions in the park today as Walt would've seen them are growing fewer as time goes on, which is to be expected.

I have a "then and now" Disneyland book that has several photographic comparisons of an early Disneyland with the current one, and in some of the pictures Walt can be seen strolling underneath the castle arches just before opening, or driving one of the main street vehicles, or observing construction progress at Main Street Station.

Sometimes I'll look at those spots in the park and just stand still and imagine for a moment that he's still there, watching. To look at those spots and know that once upon a time the man that started it all stood in that very spot is a humbling and special feeling, and I'm glad to be able to experience it.

Many things have changed but Walt is still very much there. Every nook and cranny holds a bit of Walt. I pay homage to his little apartment above the firehouse every time I go. He was a great man and his memory lives on. Kurt Russell acknowledged what would have been Walt's 110th birthday the night we went to Candlelight. It was a very moving and magical moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12