Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have any ride-vehicles (i.e, boats,cars,trains) remained intact since Walt rode them?

It would be such a joy to get on an attraction and to think "Walt, himself, might have sat where I'm sitting". This obviously rules out anything that was made post-1967, but (Aside from the usual refurbishment jobs done on the exteriors) have the interiors on rides gone through any major changes since Walt's days as well?

• Insomniac

Re: Have any ride-vehicles (i.e, boats,cars,trains) remained intact since Walt rode t

Mark Twaiin, Columbia, subs, maybe the train cars/ trains, main street vehicles, and probably some other things. I'm sure they have all been reupholstered, refinished, or even rebuilt over the years but I'm pretty sure they are the same basic vehicles as when Walt was around.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Have any ride-vehicles (i.e, boats,cars,trains) remained intact since Walt rode t

Before the small world refurbishment a few years ago the boats on that ride were the originals. Not just from Disneyland but from the World's Fair. BTW the trough that you ride through dates from the World's Fair.

• Closed Account

Almost everything has been altered/changed in one respect or another, as Bronco noted. Still, some things have remained very close to original. The caboose is virtually unchanged from 1955; the Columbia and Mark Twain, while being rebuilt, are still very close to their original configurations. The fire engine and omnibusses, and the horse cars are still very much the same; so are the Holiday Green and Blue trainsets (though I don't know if Walt ever rode them).

All four original steam locomotives have seen significant changes in terms of replaced parts, but still are basically unchaged to the untrained eye.

I guess it all really comes down to what you mean by "intact."

• Tour Ready

Don't forget the toilet in Walt's Apartment. It's the original and yes, I have sat on it.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    Don't forget the toilet in Walt's Apartment. It's the original and yes, I have sat on it.
    Too much information......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Now that is just dandy!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Selfie Expert

I was told by the drive/CM that the main street vehicle that is like a car with benches in the back (sorry I have no idea what it's called) was driven in the park by Walt.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Banned User

Where "The Magic" happens?

• Johnny and Me!

King Arthur Carrousel has its original horses, which are older than the park!

• formerly very helpful

Happiest flush on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    King Arthur Carrousel has its original horses, which are older than the park!
    This is not entirely true. After the last rebuild about ten years ago only the outside row horses are from the original set, the rest are reproductions. The spinning frame and scenery panels are also new. Technically it is no longer an antique.

I got to think the Haunter Mansion elevators were used by Walt.
    "Nice work, pal"

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I got to think the Haunter Mansion elevators were used by Walt.
    Maybe not. Walt died in 1966; the elevators may not have even been installed by then.

The CoP building (Innoventions) is one, but it seems like it won't be there much longer, at least in its current state.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast