Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The doctor is in

Re: Peter Pan why are only AP's aloud to watch this?

Most theme parks offer special perks to local pass holders like special events, discounts, etc.. Disney is no different when it comes to stuff like this.

Also as someone said already, Disney uses events like this to try and break up the attendance pattern of the AP's.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• i believe in faeries.

i only get to the parks once every couple of years, this year being an exception. it costs me a ton to vacation here, and i have to plan it months in advance. if i lived in socal, i would absolutely have an AP, but i don't. i live in canada and make it to the park when i can. would it be nice to be invited to the 'AP only events'? sure, but it also isn't cost effective for me to hold one, either.
    i don't feel excluded, though, not at all. i love being in the parks, and other than a few things here and there, i'm only reminded about the difference between AP and us others, is when they ask me if i have a card to show for a discount. *shrugs*

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'd take a bit of alienation over being seen as a rube.
    I was just getting ready to post something like this.

At least Disneyland hosts events and provide decent discounts for food. WDW APs don't get discounts on counter service, and WDW doesn't host special events for them, either.

If you want to join in on the fun, buy an annual pass. Like someone else pointed out, if you bought a one-day ticket, why would you want to waste your time on watching a movie you can watch at home, when you can be getting on rides?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Could part of the reason be that if they let normal ticket guests in, they may find lots of people getting up 20 minutes in to leave the theatre? APers aren't typically limited in their time at the parks, so they could be more willing to spend 90 minutes watching a movie than a family who wants to make the most of their time by doing things they can't do at home.

Why this thread again?

"I don't get awesome perks. It isn't fair"

Then buy a pass and have the perks you want. Passholders wouldn't be passholders if Disney didn't throw them a bone everyone once in while. Disney knows how the numbers work. So they are going to give more to the people that give them more. They know what they are doing. They have been doing it for decades at parks around the world. If you have a problem with it, then you know how to fix it. Sorry.
    "Nice work, pal"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    An AP pass is not exclusive when 1,000,000 people have one.
    It's not the pass that's exclusive, it's the passholder event that's exclusive. If it wasn't seen as being that way, this thread wouldn't have been started.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's not the pass that's exclusive, it's the passholder event that's exclusive. If it wasn't seen as being that way, this thread wouldn't have been started.
    Slippery slope, I know, but the same argument could be made about admission to the park. Why are only people who buy tickets allowed into the park? Why are only people who purchase park hoppers allowed to switch parks?

Because they paid for it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• I am number 4 of 999

In the last couple of weeks so many things have been for pass holders. DCA open late on Thursday, Fantasyland open late, exclusive movie previews.
    SO many things? Really? DCA is open two hours later FOUR days out of the shortest month of the year. Fantasyland is open for TWO hours longer for what may be the only time THIS year (365 days). And if you are counting being able to see 8 minutes of Oz the day before regular old ticket holders, such as yourself, as an exclusive movie preview... pardon me as I chuckle.

Again, if you want to have Passholder privileges so badly, buy all means, PURCHASE an Annual Passport!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

My five day pass costs $260. Which equals $52 a day, $5.20 per hour, so $10.40 to watch the movie.

I would love to watch Peter Pan on main street, in a theater built by Walt, watching my fravorite Disney movie. That is a once in a lifetime chance for me. I would happily spend two hours their. This vacation between tickets and staying in GCH is $3000 not to mention air fairs and spending money. I should have that choice.
    There are 50,000 people in the park on any given day. There are maybe 150 seats in the theater. There are only 5 showings of the movie, so, if they opened up to everyone, only 750 people of the 50,000 there would be able to see it. Less than 2%. Anyone think the lines for Candy Canes were bad??
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    SO many things? Really? DCA is open two hours later FOUR days out of the shortest month of the year. Fantasyland is open for TWO hours longer for what may be the only time THIS year (365 days). And if you are counting being able to see 8 minutes of Oz the day before regular old ticket holders, such as yourself, as an exclusive movie preview... pardon me as I chuckle.

Again, if you want to have Passholder privileges so badly, buy all means, PURCHASE an Annual Passport!
    And let's add, ticket holders who stay at the Grand can use Early Morning Hours every day of the week, all month long. But true, we could stay at the Grand and get the same perk...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Yeah I don't get what the big deal is... This is clearly targeted at local AP holders... It's probably a lot less about excluding non AP holders because I bet very very few once a year/once every few years guests are gonna take time out their vacation to watch a movie that they could just buy. I would get it if it was a screening to an upcoming movie like OZ or something, but really its just a fun and different way to enjoy the park for people who have the ability to come back.

I love Disney. And we know they can be a bit or a lot money oriented. We have a PAP had it for 12 years. We will continue to have a pass and I love that they do a little things for AP's holders. Sometimes we do them sometimes we don't! If anyone is unhappy about the the things they do complain to them directly or don't go at all. But seems they are doing well since the opening of Cars. So I hope the continue having specials for AP's. And I do spend money there on food and clothes!!

• Minion

Why not have special screenings or events for AP's? It obviously gets you thinking, and that's what Disney wants. It's all marketing.
    Jeff Wayne

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Why can only AP's get to go and watch it on main street? Does Disney not care about non pass holders? In the last couple of weeks so many things have been for pass holders. DCA open late on Thursday, Fantasyland open late, exclusive movie previews. If TDA continues to alienate me I will make my pilgrimage to Disney in Florida instead.
    WDW? Disney is still getting your money. They will be just as happy taking your money there as they would be in the DLR. If you really want to protest you should go to USH or Knotts instead.

An AP pass is not exclusive when 1,000,000 people have one.
    A million sounds like a lot but it is only roughly 5% of the total Southern California population. And when you expand out from that this percentage of the total becomes even less. For a company that owns one of the largest media/entertainment companies in this nation 1 million really isn't that many.

My five day pass costs $260. Which equals $52 a day, $5.20 per hour, so $10.40 to watch the movie.

I would love to watch Peter Pan on main street, in a theater built by Walt, watching my fravorite Disney movie. That is a once in a lifetime chance for me. I would happily spend two hours their. This vacation between tickets and staying in GCH is $3000 not to mention air fairs and spending money. I should have that choice.
    Walt built the theatre but he didn't build it specifically for movies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12