Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peter Pan why are only AP's aloud to watch this?

Why can only AP's get to go and watch it on main street? Does Disney not care about non pass holders? In the last couple of weeks so many things have been for pass holders. DCA open late on Thursday, Fantasyland open late, exclusive movie previews. If TDA continues to alienate me I will make my pilgrimage to Disney in Florida instead.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Peter Pan why are only AP's aloud to watch this?

I, personally, am finding the same recurring threads of why APs get this vs. ticket holders getting that rather tiring. There are fabulous debates on the topic active right now. Maybe this can be merged?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Among mad people

What Peter Pan thing is this?

• DMTNT

All of these Passholder events are ways to try to get Passholders to change their attendance patterns. The ideas is to offer these other opportunities so they don't descend on the resort during peak times thus allowing a less crowded experience for non-Passholders.

• -

Why should it be any other way?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I was wondering the same thing.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why should it be any other way?
    APer's generally spend less in total per visit then people who are buying day tickets

However, I do think APer's should have some perks, however I do think they're going a bit overboard with them at the moment. At the bottom of it though, its because Disneyland's main audience is the AP audience. These little extras help to justify the recent price rises.

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    Why can only AP's get to go and watch it on main street? Does Disney not care about non pass holders? In the last couple of weeks so many things have been for pass holders. DCA open late on Thursday, Fantasyland open late, exclusive movie previews. If TDA continues to alienate me I will make my pilgrimage to Disney in Florida instead.
    On the day of the passholder Peter Pan screening, Disneyland is open from 10am to 8pm. 10 hours. A 1 day ticket is $87. Breaks down to $8.70 per hour if your there from opening to closing. It would take about 2 hours of your time for the screening. So, is it really worth $17.40 to watch Peter Pan? I think a better use of your time for a non passholder would be to go on the rides.

Also, another thing I would like to point out. Anyone is welcome to purchase an annual pass. If you feel you are being excluded from Passholder only offers, feel free to purchase an annual pass and join in the fun instead of complaining about it online.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Also, another thing I would like to point out. Anyone is welcome to purchase an annual pass. If you feel you are being excluded from Passholder only offers, feel free to purchase an annual pass and join in the fun instead of complaining about it online.
    Exactly. This is another reason for making it exclusive and marketing as such. It is a selling tool.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Annual Pass holders shouldn't be treat any differently to non annual pass holders. As it stands AP holders have more to do and experience than people who buy day tickets. It shouldn't be like that, however I can see why Disney does it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

On the day of the passholder Peter Pan screening, Disneyland is open from 10am to 8pm. 10 hours. A 1 day ticket is $87. Breaks down to $8.70 per hour if your there from opening to closing. It would take about 2 hours of your time for the screening. So, is it really worth $17.40 to watch Peter Pan? I think a better use of your time for a non passholder would be to go on the rides.
    Or just go buy it on blueray...only 22 bucks and you can see it one million times if you want
    This is a cool event but nothing ground breaking

My five day pass costs $260. Which equals $52 a day, $5.20 per hour, so $10.40 to watch the movie.

I would love to watch Peter Pan on main street, in a theater built by Walt, watching my fravorite Disney movie. That is a once in a lifetime chance for me. I would happily spend two hours their. This vacation between tickets and staying in GCH is $3000 not to mention air fairs and spending money. I should have that choice.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    If TDA continues to alienate me I will make my pilgrimage to Disney in Florida instead.
    I'd take a bit of alienation over being seen as a rube.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Exactly. This is another reason for making it exclusive and marketing as such. It is a selling tool.
    An AP pass is not exclusive when 1,000,000 people have one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast