Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• -

Re: HK Disneyland to get Marvel first-What does this mean for Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    any time they add an attraction based on a movie from a different studio it violates the park.
    Perfect. Then we don't have to worry about Marvel.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

In the article, it will be an area or land rather than a ride. I think they are testing how a whole section will be like, so maybe they can use the blueprint, expand upon it, and use it for DLR 3rd park. I also think the reason why Innoventions is not getting replace by Stark Expo is they are going with a Marvel theme park, and they rather have the Expo with the new park rather than TL.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    In the article, it will be an area or land rather than a ride. I think they are testing how a whole section will be like, so maybe they can use the blueprint, expand upon it, and use it for DLR 3rd park. I also think the reason why Innoventions is not getting replace by Stark Expo is they are going with a Marvel theme park, and they rather have the Expo with the new park rather than TL.
    I'm pretty sure there will be something, I can't imagine Disney would build a whole new land without some type of ride or attraction.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Filmmaker

I think the idea of Disney doing a whole park for Marvel/Star Wars/what-have-you is a bit absurd because there's absolutely no precedent for that. When had Disney ever created a whole park around one property? A Land, yes, but never an entire park; that's too limiting. If and when they ever did a third gate at DLR (read not anytime soon) a Marvel or Star Wars land could definitely be a part of it, but I highly doubt they would ever do an entire park dedicated to one property. It limits the audience and it limits the types of experiences that can be had.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I don't want to pat myself on the back but I called it in previous threads-HK Disneyland will be the first to get Marvel in the parks.
    Hong Kong's Disneyland to Get Marvel Superheroes - China Real Time Report - WSJ

The question at hand is-what does this mean for Disneyland the Original? Will Disney wait to see how the attractions will be accepted first before installing in the Stateside parks?
    I don't think it will mean anything for Disneyland. There is VERY LITTLE in the Marvel Universe that's suited to the Disneyland environment. There are other parks that can make better use of the Marvel properties.

• Iron-Clad Allie

HKD deserves to get an epic attraction first. Sure, it has E-tickets such as Grizzly Gulch....but nothing truely Earth shaking, and that's sure-fire to deliver epic popularity.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Oh god. Here we go. I kinda hope they make a whole park out of it because that means that I can just avoid that one park.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    It will be difficult to compare really. The Chinese and American markets are very different. Whats accepted in a Disney theme park in China may not be accepted as well in the US and vice versa. Just look at Duffy, a massive success in Tokyo Disneyland and made little impact in the US parks.
    This.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12