Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Club 33 and Dapper Day Feb 2013

Great Report. Thanks so much for the pictures and sharing. I'm jealous that you were able to get into Club 33, but even if we did get in, I'm not sure that my family would fit in... especially since my kids are such picky eaters.

Maybe when they are older

And dat jungle map... me wants.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Excellent report! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    The only way to make this breakfast more perfect....bacon, of course.

I have tried on several occasions but the french toast just doesn't photograph as good as it taste. It really is my favorite breakfast in the resort at the moment but it looks like meatloaf a la bananas in pictures.

Thanks for sharing Kelly. You two always look like you're having so much fun. Looking forward to more Club 33.
    Bacon is always an upgrade in my book. You're right, it does look like meatloaf! Haha

We do always have fun in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Great Report. Thanks so much for the pictures and sharing. I'm jealous that you were able to get into Club 33, but even if we did get in, I'm not sure that my family would fit in... especially since my kids are such picky eaters.

Maybe when they are older

When we were at the Club, there was a large group celebrating twin girls' birthdays. They looked to be somewhere around 9-11 years old. My friends and I were thinking that at that age, we wouldn't have appreciated the experience, nor would we have appreciated the food. Plus the meal is slow, you savor the food and the atmosphere... I don't think it's something I would have liked when I was young. If you get the chance to go, they do have a kids menu, but I would consider making it an adults-only meal or wait until they're older, like you said.

Funny enough, I have what I would consider a cheap palate. I LOVE fast food, bar food... and I typically am not a fan of "fancy food". Our meal here, though, completely changed that!

GET DAT MAP! Just ask for it from a CM at Jungle Cruise!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Speaking of FOOD! This update will consist of mostly food pictures, with a few random photos thrown in.

Let's start with the bathroom (random, right?!).

The member who made our reservation reminded me to check out the ladies restroom, so I made sure to!

Yes I'm a dork and took self portraits in the mirrors. I LOVE the fact that someone else posted photos of them doing this in the same mirrors recently!

When I came back from the restroom, our first course was sitting on our table.

I was skeptical, because I am not a gourmet food type person. I honestly still don't know what this was, but we all agreed it was sooooo good and couldn't wait to see what came out next!!

But first, some ducks.

Followed by some duck:

This is, I believe, the first course to the Vintner menu. It was spectacular. I'm going to run out of adjectives to describe how wonderful the food was, so bear with me.

I did not get the 5-course Vintner, but I did get an appetizer which was this lentil soup:

It was also very good, however it was the least impressive of all the things I tried OTHER than the cheese course, which I'll get to later. Note - "least impressive" does not mean it wasn't great! Just not as out of this world as the other stuff.

Random interruption: Mics in the lights

Next course for Vintner, calamari. When it was brought to the table, our waiter dumped lobster bisque on top of it.

Main course time!!

The boys got the short ribs. In the little pot are smoke-infused potatoes. When the lid was lifted, smoke billowed out. It was really cool AND delicious!

I had the Chateaubriand. I'm so glad Spell Check knows what I mean when I try to type that word. It's basically the most ridiculously tender piece of steak I've ever had. It came with a root vegetable casserole type thing, which was also tasty.

Next on the Vintner was the cheese plate

I'm not sure how good a cheese plate can be, but I think we're just not cheese people... unless of course it's fried cheese or nacho cheese. Have I mentioned we're not used to classy food?

The final course for Vintner was dessert. This was a little overly sweet for us, but still delicious. Sorry I don't remember exactly what it is... I sure wish I had taken a picture of the menu.

And the absolute high point of my meal, which I almost didn't order because I was stuffed (the waiter INSISTED I get dessert):

It was pumpkin ice cream and chocolate cake, but it was hardly cakey at all... just chocolate decadence. I was sick from being so full, but made sure every bite of that cake was GONE! I have been dreaming about it since... Mmm...

Next we'll take a look at the balcony and say "Goodbye" to Club 33, then it's on to Dapper Day!

• Sock Puppet

WOW I am hungry now.. and of course i think you should post that photo of that other micechatter you met up with! I think that they would approve!

but fab photo soo far!!!!

Smile Re: Club 33 and Dapper Day Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Here you go. Print it out on tan parchment paper for that antique look.

What I'm still looking for is a really good print of the original Temple of Mara map, which they haven't had in the Indy trading post for decades.

Name:  MaraMap.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  58.7 KB
    ______
    Rachane

• Selfie Expert

I must say, we are a couple of fine looking MiceChatters!

Sara (poisonedapples) and I met up while I was at Trader Sam's!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

Here you go. Print it out on tan parchment paper for that antique look.

What I'm still looking for is a really good print of the original Temple of Mara map, which they haven't had in the Indy trading post for decades.

Name:  MaraMap.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  58.7 KB
    That is so awesome!!!!

Thank you for sharing the link, too! Very helpful!

• Sock Puppet

haaa!! i cannot take a photo for the life of me!! LOL but Kelly we did look good! RFLOL and it was a fun day.

well so i walk in and there is kelly and her hubs Sean and their friend Matt. The boys split outside so us chicks could talk girl talk and we did! Kelly is very nice, very pretty and we had a great time just hanging out! She is ultra cool person! And her photos of Club 33 rock, and i am super jealous!

But next time kelly and i hang out i am sure she will be a cool ride buddy!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    haaa!! i cannot take a photo for the life of me!! LOL but Kelly we did look good! RFLOL and it was a fun day.

well so i walk in and there is kelly and her hubs Sean and their friend Matt. The boys split outside so us chicks could talk girl talk and we did! Kelly is very nice, very pretty and we had a great time just hanging out! She is ultra cool person! And her photos of Club 33 rock, and i am super jealous!

But next time kelly and i hang out i am sure she will be a cool ride buddy!
    Thanks, Sara!! I love that you did a little TR on ME! You are pretty awesome and adorable yourself! Plus you're like pocket-sized! LOL

Yeah next time we need to hit some rides! Brandon and I are planning to get you on ToT, so start preparing!

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Food! Glorious Food! Took a break from what I was working on just to check on this Kelly. Stuffed ducks on the shelf and they wouldn't serve you no fried cheese? Some people.

Awesome post again Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Next course for Vintner, calamari. When it was brought to the table, our waiter dumped lobster bisque on top of it.
    Of course he did.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Food! Glorious Food! Took a break from what I was working on just to check on this Kelly. Stuffed ducks on the shelf and they wouldn't serve you no fried cheese? Some people.

Awesome post again Kelly.

Of course he did.
    Thank you! That means a lot! I really appreciate that, and that you're following my TR.

Right?! Somehow Club 33 made taxidermy ever so classy and wonderful! Only Disney...

And yeah... I'm not a lobster nor calamari fan, but that stuff was heavenly.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Wow, the food looks amazing! Your food photos are awesome! I don't have an expensive palette either, so I know what you mean. I always feel quite awkward when I'm somewhere expensive Thanks for sharing your Club 33 experience! One day I hope that I'll get to visit too!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Wow, the food looks amazing! Your food photos are awesome! I don't have an expensive palette either, so I know what you mean. I always feel quite awkward when I'm somewhere expensive Thanks for sharing your Club 33 experience! One day I hope that I'll get to visit too!
    I'm glad someone knows what I mean! I'm usually like... can I get a burger?! But, I've gotten a lot better about trying new things. I played it kind of safe by getting steak, I knew I'd love it, but seriously every bite I tried of everyone's dish was soooo good. I hope I get to go back so I can try some of their other dishes!

I never, ever, EVER thought I would get to go inside Club 33. Just remember that some wishes come true!

Great pictures! That tiny cast iron pot of potatoes looks very cool. Thanks for sharing!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Great pictures! That tiny cast iron pot of potatoes looks very cool. Thanks for sharing!
    That little pot was so cute!! Thank you for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast