Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Club 33 and Dapper Day Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That little pot was so cute!! Thank you for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed.
    I got in so much trouble from a friend when I called them "cute little pots" in a trip report once. She is a foodie, and informed me they are Staub mini cast iron cocottes. I looked them up and they are something like $60 EACH! To me, they are still cute little pots!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I got in so much trouble from a friend when I called them "cute little pots" in a trip report once. She is a foodie, and informed me they are Staub mini cast iron cocottes. I looked them up and they are something like $60 EACH! To me, they are still cute little pots!
    Woah! I think I'll just savor the picture of it, or hope that maybe one will show up at a thrift store! And it can be our little secret that we call them "cute little pots" (because they ARE!).

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Just wanted to share this TR as reference to who I was referring to about taking their self portrait in the same mirrors I did, plus Joe has really great quality pictures of the Club!

Joe's dream come true Club 33 visit - photo heavy plus some 360 views inside the club

• Disney Obsessed

love your report so far! Can't wait for more!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    love your report so far! Can't wait for more!
    Thank you!!

• Selfie Expert

After dinner, we HAD to get out on the balcony. This proved to be a bit complicated, since the doors are actually the windows, which all the tables in the main dining room are next to. A CM saw us looking around and showed us a table that was empty so we could get out on the balcony.

I wasn't able to get very good pictures out here due to the lack of light, but you get the idea.

This was one of my favorite moments in the Club. We had the balcony to ourselves, and looking out over the park from that view just gave this feeling of "dream come true". I can't remember how many times I've looked up at this balcony, wondering how or if I'd ever get up there.

The balcony is much larger than I realized, it wrapped around the front and side. I also noticed all of the second-story sets that I don't think I'd really paid much attention to before:

After the balcony, we had to head out of the club. We of course took a few photos on the way out.

I ADORE this painting of the Mark Twain.

So, that wraps up our visit to Club 33. Again, a billion thank yous to the member who gave this opportunity to us. We are all SO grateful to have had this experience!!

And a good transition to Dapper Day:

• Sock Puppet

Thanks, Sara!! I love that you did a little TR on ME! You are pretty awesome and adorable yourself! Plus you're like pocket-sized! LOL

Yeah next time we need to hit some rides! Brandon and I are planning to get you on ToT, so start preparing!
    haaa "pocket sized" .. nice!! LOL

oh heeeck no no ToT for me, i will just sit that one out and watch you guys while i sip my wine..LOL

Thank you! That means a lot! I really appreciate that, and that you're following my TR.

Right?! Somehow Club 33 made taxidermy ever so classy and wonderful! Only Disney...

And yeah... I'm not a lobster nor calamari fan, but that stuff was heavenly.
    oh im sorry that whatever it was with the lobster bisque on top looked delish!! i am drooling!!

• Selfie Expert

Due to my complete lack of hair and makeup skills, I met up with a great group of girls to have stylists do our hair and makeup for us! I wish I had taken a group picture with the ladies during the day, but we were all having so much fun we didn't get a chance to make it happen. We all met from the Dapper Day Facebook page, and have remained friends since... and we're all trying to figure out plans for the next Dapper Day!

Anyway, my hair and makeup wasn't done until around 8:30 or 9, so I drove one of the girls and I back to our hotel (GCH), changed into my Dapper Day duds, and went to meet the boys who were having breakfast at the Carnation Cafe.

On my walk there, I had lots of stares and some compliments shouted out at me. This was going to be an amazing day.

Here's the hubs and I at Carnation Cafe.

In front of Partners

Castle with the hubs

Castle with my friend

There weren't a ton of other Dappers out yet, but we came across a few. We had a lot of people asking why we were dressed up, and sooo many compliments. I can't even describe how amazing this was to me, because I'm not the kind of gal used to getting compliments from strangers.

Since my husband had surprised me with a copy of Peter Pan a few weeks ago, this was my current obsession. Our first ride for the day was to be Peter Pan!!

In this line, there was an adorable little girl with her mom in front of me. She kept staring at me and I'd wave and she'd shy away. Her mom eventually turned around and said "My daughter told me that you're so pretty and she wants to be just like you one day when she's big". I had to fight the tears!! I knelt down and told her daughter that she's beautiful and that she just made my whole day feel so special. Seriously... favorite Disney moment. Now I know how the princesses feel!

Anyway, we're off to Neverland (after the CM operating the ride compliments our attire)!

Feeling like a million bucks, I wanted a shot at the sword in the stone

Sean gave it a go, too

We both were unable to free it, but my real mission was to find the light that I had read about that turns green if it can be pulled. Here it is:

We watched it for a minute but it didn't change, so we moved on. This means that pulling the sword free is still on my bucket list!

We crossed over to DCA and saw the News Boys were singing. The song they sang was about Dapper Day!! For an unofficial event, Disney sure seems to embrace it.

While walking through Bug's Land, we came accross Flik!! I was so excited, I had never seen him!!

Then we of course had to go on Tower of Terror:

The boys were supposed to be doing "fistycuffs", old timey boxing. I love it.

At some point we headed to Trader Sam's, then I received a text asking if we would like a ride on the Lilly Belle. Um, YES!!! Sean and I had been once before, but Matt had never gone, so we were all ridiculously excited to go! Since Main Street station was closed, we met up at Tomorrowland station for our ride.

Matt's first ever look at the Lilly Belle

Our amazing host made sure to point out the hidden Mickeys in the carpet

We made sure to sign the guest book this time, as we didn't on our first ride.

We even got to use our host's super fancy Club 33 pen!

All of us, still mostly not believing where we are:

The hubs and I

Out front:

Then we saw Donald as we were unloading. Yay!

So now is where our day gets a little weird. In exchange for our reservation at Club 33, we promised the member we would take a spin on Splash Mountain in our formal attire. We had planned to go right after dinner, but we were all so full and tired, and the boys had planned rather poorly on what to wear so we would have had to go back to the hotel and back to Splash, we decided to hold off until tonight. This worked out better picture wise, because now my hair and makeup were all done. My husband and I went back to our hotel, switched out of our Dapper gear, got into Club gear, then headed to Splash Mountain.

We had ponchos on our laps. It didn't help much. We got soaked!

We quickly went back to the hotel and changed back into Dapper duds to walk about DCA at night.

And one last photo for the night.

I wish I put my flower in earlier! I wore it to my wedding, and it fit perfectly. Oh well. Next time!

I hope you all enjoyed!! It was probably the most memorable weekend at Disneyland I've ever had. Thank you so much to all of you who helped make it magical!!!

• Selfie Expert

On last thing: Souvenirs!

Our waiter gave us a goody bag with pens, chocolates, napkins, and cocktail stirrers with the logo on it. He was awesome! I bought the lapel pins, one of which is now on my work badge. We also bought a shirt for Sean, and a shirt and hat for my father.

Sorry its sideways. The small button pin is from the Dapper Day people. The Mickey Barbershop pin is from Disney, in celebration of Dapper Day... unofficially.

The other pin I got for being a Disney VISA holder, but since I bought it at the same time I included it in the picture.

Gotta love souvenirs!!

• Joe Flowers

I think your photos from Club 33 were awesome!

And your Dapper Day clothes were great too! My group had such a great time walking around we're already thinking of the Fall event. It was so fun walking around and complimenting all the other people who were dressed up, and taking fun photos all over the place.

I can't believe you guys went on Splash Mountain all dressed up!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Your trip reports are always so much fun. And as always, I love that you show the food . That is great that you found someone who could style your hair that way. I also like your shoes. How did your feet feel by the end?

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    I think your photos from Club 33 were awesome!

And your Dapper Day clothes were great too! My group had such a great time walking around we're already thinking of the Fall event. It was so fun walking around and complimenting all the other people who were dressed up, and taking fun photos all over the place.

I can't believe you guys went on Splash Mountain all dressed up!
    Our APs expire in early September, but I'm hoping maybe we'll get lucky and be able to do the fall event. We definitely plan to at least make it once a year for Dapper Day. We had SO MUCH fun!!

Splash Mountain was especially fun dressed up!! It was just kind of a pain having to change out multiple times, but worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Your trip reports are always so much fun. And as always, I love that you show the food . That is great that you found someone who could style your hair that way. I also like your shoes. How did your feet feel by the end?
    Thank you!! Yes, we love us some foods. Another girl actually set it all up, it was so fantastic of her. It worked out so well! I really want to use those stylists again next time we attend Dapper Day.

I bought those shoes off of Amazon at the last minute. They're character shoes. They didn't make my feet any more sore than my flat would have. I can't walk in heels, but I really loved how they looked. These were a great compromise. I lasted a good 8 hours before I really couldn't stand it anymore!

• DL Photo Fanatic

Truly, an awesome trip report! What a magical weekend! I was there for a few hours on Dapper Day (had to leave at 2pm to attend an Oscar party), but I was amazed on how many people were dressed up! Can't wait for the next one in September!

Loved your hairstyle and outfit for DD, too! Patterned after a certain mouse, maybe? I did see so many dresses in polka dots that day!

Club 33 is so awesome. I've never had dinner there yet, but I'm still dreaming!

• Chief Troublemaker

Kelly, your pics are just great! Looks like we did have pretty much the same thing at Club 33, with a few minor adjustments for my gluten free-ness. And Shelly (BFF) had the Vinter's. It looked really delish, except for the 'squid' course. I'm just not a 'fish' person, other than lobster or shrimp. She wasn't much for the cheese, either, which looked great to me. But because of the crackers on the plate, I didn't want to chance trying it.

And I did the 'bathroom mirror thing', too, except mine was the full length mirror in the 'powder room area'. I didn't think to take one in the stall door, but I woulda if I'da thought of it! LOL. I did take a picture of the 'throne', but who doesn't? I actually texted the picture to my son who texted back 'That throne is legendary'. Ha Ha, in more ways than one! Shelly & I really had a good giggle about it. To think that we all dress up nice and (try) to act like ladies, but then we all take pictures of a toilet & then send them to everyone. LOL.

You looked so cute on Dapper Day. We were there that afternoon (got to DL around 2:00) and everyone looked so great! How did you handle those heels all day? Your look kinda like 'dancing shoe' heel height, but I saw some in stilettos. If I'd done 'Dapper' I think I'd have to dress as a bobby-soxer, so I could wear flat saddle oxfords!

Shelly was the official photog for our trip. She got some amazing ones, especially of World of Color. Once I get the flashdrive from her, I'll have to add more to my trip report!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan8 View Post
    Truly, an awesome trip report! What a magical weekend! I was there for a few hours on Dapper Day (had to leave at 2pm to attend an Oscar party), but I was amazed on how many people were dressed up! Can't wait for the next one in September!

Loved your hairstyle and outfit for DD, too! Patterned after a certain mouse, maybe? I did see so many dresses in polka dots that day!

Club 33 is so awesome. I've never had dinner there yet, but I'm still dreaming!
    Thank you! Yes my dress was a Minnie dress, I actually bought it in the park back during an October visit. I saw at least one other girl with my exact dress (though I had a bow added on to the back of mine), and like you said MANY girls with other styles of polka dot dresses. I thought about trying to find a more unique dress, but didn't have much luck finding vintage dresses that fit me well, and my dress is just so comfy!

Club 33 is the best dining experience I've had in my life!! I'm soooo grateful to the person who allowed me there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Kelly, your pics are just great! Looks like we did have pretty much the same thing at Club 33, with a few minor adjustments for my gluten free-ness. And Shelly (BFF) had the Vinter's. It looked really delish, except for the 'squid' course. I'm just not a 'fish' person, other than lobster or shrimp. She wasn't much for the cheese, either, which looked great to me. But because of the crackers on the plate, I didn't want to chance trying it.

And I did the 'bathroom mirror thing', too, except mine was the full length mirror in the 'powder room area'. I didn't think to take one in the stall door, but I woulda if I'da thought of it! LOL. I did take a picture of the 'throne', but who doesn't? I actually texted the picture to my son who texted back 'That throne is legendary'. Ha Ha, in more ways than one! Shelly & I really had a good giggle about it. To think that we all dress up nice and (try) to act like ladies, but then we all take pictures of a toilet & then send them to everyone. LOL.

You looked so cute on Dapper Day. We were there that afternoon (got to DL around 2:00) and everyone looked so great! How did you handle those heels all day? Your look kinda like 'dancing shoe' heel height, but I saw some in stilettos. If I'd done 'Dapper' I think I'd have to dress as a bobby-soxer, so I could wear flat saddle oxfords!

Shelly was the official photog for our trip. She got some amazing ones, especially of World of Color. Once I get the flashdrive from her, I'll have to add more to my trip report!
    The squid was great!! I am not a seafood fan at all, but it wasn't fishy and with that bisque on it... to die for! Although I'm not sure if the breading would have agreed with you? I'm not very knowledgeable about what contains gluten.

The heels I had on were in fact character/dance shoes. I bought them off Amazon at the last minute. They were as comfortable as the flats I had planned to wear, so my feet were killing me after about 8 hours. I loved how they looked, though, so I thought it was worth it.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures from your trip! Thanks for stopping by to check mine out!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast