Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Aladdin show's Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    The new OHSA required guard rails around the carpet shouldn't be too obtrusive.
    LOL, awesome.
    The show's quite long in the tooth but it'll be nice to at least see it the way it was intended again.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Tinkerbell's Place

Talking Re: Aladdin show's Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Think about how many times it ran properly, flawlessly, and only flipped once. The odds are good that it's safe.
    I agree! The show just isn't the same without the carpet!! I hope it's all up and working before I go in August!

• A Weather Eye Open

I'm seeing the show March 16, hoping it will be up by then. I can report back to this thread afterward if no one has confirmed!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Evil is Sexy

We saw the show yesterday, looked up and could see the carpet peeking out near the roof. Halfway through the opening scene, they covered the carpet with blackout cloth. It was not used for that show.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    We saw the show yesterday, looked up and could see the carpet peeking out near the roof. Halfway through the opening scene, they covered the carpet with blackout cloth. It was not used for that show.
    Aww well that's disappointing! Where exactly did you see it peeking out? Just curious so I can look next time I'm at the show.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

We were sitting in 5th row middle Orchestra. If you look up to the right, near the ceiling and the fake (I think) seating boxes. It was above one of the seating boxes. I think my husband took a photo of it. I just need him to find our data cord from the camera in one of our unopened moving boxes...

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Disney friends are #1

I went to see Oz last night at the Universal Citywalk Cinema and the guy in line behind me was a prominant cast member of Aladdin. I asked him about the carpet and he said it would be flying again next week. He said that cast and crew members had been training/testing it overnights and that it would return to the show next week (although he said he didn't know the specific date).
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

​Exciting!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disney friends are #1

I also asked him about a future refurbishment of the Hyperion Theater and he said he didn't think it was going to happen anytime soon. He has been a "name" character in the show for almost 4 years and he said that they were told that the Hyperion would get the refurbishment/rebuild during a time when a new cast would return with the new theater. He said that the new cast had recently been hired and had started performing while talk of refurbishing the theater has all but disappeared.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    We were sitting in 5th row middle Orchestra. If you look up to the right, near the ceiling and the fake (I think) seating boxes. It was above one of the seating boxes. I think my husband took a photo of it. I just need him to find our data cord from the camera in one of our unopened moving boxes...
    A picture would be great! I don't know why, but looking for pointless things like this excites me lol Thank you for the info!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 03-14-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Removed quote discussing the giving/receiving of Rep, per MiceChat policy.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

And if you sit off to the left side of the seats, you can get a pretty good view of the carpet. And you can see into the wings a bit. Especially on the floor section.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Evil is Sexy

Aw now I'm trying to figure out which "name" you got to speak with out of character. *pouts*

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I also asked him about a future refurbishment of the Hyperion Theater and he said he didn't think it was going to happen anytime soon. He has been a "name" character in the show for almost 4 years and he said that they were told that the Hyperion would get the refurbishment/rebuild during a time when a new cast would return with the new theater. He said that the new cast had recently been hired and had started performing while talk of refurbishing the theater has all but disappeared.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

Does anyone think the show will be replaced once Aladdin hits Broadway? Coming to Broadway Spring 2014.

I am hopeful for the return that the on stage performer is inside the carpet, head, hands, and feet sticking out looking down on the audience. What a chance for her to soar!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Awesome! I've missed seeing the carpet in action

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast