Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Doombuggy Rider

Re: Aladdin show's Carpet

While I am pleased to hear that the "magic of the magic carpet" has returned to Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, I am inclined to the opinion that this show has lasted long enough & needs to be replaced with something else (there have been enough successful Disney adaptions onto Broadway, can there be a replacement that isn't too long - or trimmed too short - that could replace Aladdin?) ....

I want a "cohesive theme" throughout all of DCA, which means I want Hollywood Land to be 1930s Golden Era Hollywood (time to find that magic Disney Broadway adaption and turn it into a 1930s musical review) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's my video I filmed today (3/17/2013) at the 6:20PM showing.

Did the Magic carpet get bigger?

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Sock Puppet

Words can't describe how happy I am to see the carpet back to the show! I am so excited for my next visit! I can't wait to see it, I have been missing it for so long!

• New Member Goes Forth

On the Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0, it has been reported that it has returned
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• A Weather Eye Open

It looks a whole lot bigger and faster than I remember, but maybe that was just because I missed it!

I was also was really disappointed that they didn't restage the first half of the song to include Aladdin and Jasmine during its absence! It would be a nice opportunity to let the actors sing the first verse instead of hearing that doubles voice track with no one to watch. Fantasmic! has a few very acceptable "B-shows" for when effects like Murphy don't work, so it would be nice to have better b show for those inevitable days when the carpet can't fly!

All in all, I am so glad it is back. How long has it been, 2 years now? I will go see the show a lot more, I enjoyed it so much this week!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• film975

Yeah. The Magic Carpet does look bigger to me too. Maybe they had to increase its size for safety reasons. Anyways, I'm glad to see it back in the show finally. It was sorely missed.

Glad that its back but I don't think they should have spent the money. Aladdin is a great show but for how long will we have to settle for the same show over and over and over. They could have easly have had 2-4 great shows run in the theater in the time Aladdin has been running.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    They could have easly have had 2-4 great shows run in the theater in the time Aladdin has been running.
    They might have had 2-4 other shows, but great shows? I'm not so convinced.

Disney's track record with Live shows is a bit hit-or-miss, and Aladdin is one of, if not the best live show I've ever seen them do for the parks. It's truly excellent, and I would rather have Aladdin continue to run than have it replaced by something subpar.

• Selfie Expert

Thank you to those who have reported back and especially to SoCalbma for the great video!!

I've never seen the carpet fly, so I can't WAIT to check it out on my next visit!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I'm glad they kept the show, and I'm glad they brought back the carpet! My coworker told me today (he also works for Disney) that the carpet is back for real.

Love it!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Here's my video I filmed today (3/17/2013) at the 6:20PM showing.

Did the Magic carpet get bigger?

YES, it is slightly larger. But the main change is that they curved the carpet and lowered the actors to about a foot and a half below the pickup points. This greatly lowers the center of gravity. makes it much more stable, and prevents it from becoming unbalanced and turning over.

Here is a photo of the old Carpet. They are sitting ON (Or Above) the Old Carpet, rather than IN (Or Below) on the new Carpet.

Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 03-20-2013 at 07:24 PM.

• Vidia's Minion

I know what I'm doing this Saturday

Really good news - I'll also be there Saturday!

I'm so glad that I have not been paying too much attention to Micechat for the past few weeks. I knew nothing about the carpet coming back and when I saw the show yesterday it was truly a shock and a treat to be surprised by the flying carpet.
    It was so much better even than the very first time I saw the show years ago because back then I knew there was going to be a flying carpet and to watch for it. This time as usual I braced myself for the stupid carpet- less “Whole New World” number, but instead I was amazed like I never could have been had I known the carpet was going to fly.
    This, of course, once again raises the age-old question: does TMI ruin the magic?

Quote Originally Posted by 257 Mouse View Post
    does TMI ruin the magic?

Depends on the person, I guess. Personally, I want to know as much as I possibly can, and I can admire a job well done. Love it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast