•   

Tommorowland......

So im sure you all read dueling disney as much as i do and i love it! honestly i believe we won the first 3 but in all honesty we all know we lost the last one . Walt Disney Worlds tommorowland is way better then ours....the only positive our tommorowland really has is a longer autopoia and a more updated space mountain(which definitely can use another update last time i went on it the speaker in our car dident work). Disneyland is home to me and it always will be but WDW has us by the throat on this one. so honestly and practically here what can we do to retaliate and compete so our tommorowland can be better? ready...set....discuss

• The doctor is in

Re: Tommorowland......

Yet another Tomorrowland thread.

The bottom line is Disneyland's Tomorrowland is very outdated and a majority of what is in the land doesn't really shout "the future" at us.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• World of Color

For the exception of Space Mountain and Star Tours Tomorrowland as a whole needs a upgrade. Just make a route to get to Space Mountain and Star Tours and redo Tomorrowland like DCA 1.0

•   

What about buzz lightyear? I understand it might not be top notch technology but it i a great family ride that I really enjoy. Do you guys think that should go?

• Minion

Why do we need to compete with another Disney park, especially when it's on the other end of the country?

Like someone else said, it needs to be updated. The rides are, for the most part, fine. Well, Autopia is no longer futuristic, so that needs an update. And Innoventions needs to go. Aesthetically, Tomorrowland is a mess. They need to update it and make it look much better. Buzz may need to go, and using Astro Orbitor as a weenie is wrong.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

I would personally get rid of Autopia entirely, tear out Innoventions, replace the Astro Orbiter, and potentially get rid of Buzz Lightyear. I like the Astro Blasters and it is a great family ride, but if it came down to a complete Tomorrowland refurbishment I would be alright with letting it go. It seems that Disneyland's Tomorrowland has morphed into "space travel land" and America's space program is pretty much dead now. It isn't really relevant to the idea of the future anymore.

Star Tours and Space Mountain aren't going anywhere and neither is the Finding Nemo subs (unfortunately), but there are a lot of updates and replacements that could and probably need to happen.

• Minion

I love Autopia and I would be seriously hurt to see it demolished, never to return. It just needs updating. Buzz on the other hand... While I do enjoy the ride, I wouldn't really mind if they got rid of it.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

Autopia is just a bunch of smelly go-karts to me.

• Wished I lived closer!

Coming from a mom with 3 kids Autopia and Buzz Light Year are MUSTS on our list of things to do. Let us not forget about the families!! Now, if I was in the parks without my kids I would most likely skip Autopia but Buzz Light Year is actually one of my favorites rides. I love the competition!

• Filmmaker

If Autopia stays (which it will, it's immensely popular with families) I think it should be condensed. Because they combined the tracks of the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland Autopias it currently occupies one of the largest footprints in the park, and that's a bit absurd in my opinion. Shrink it down, give it electric cars, and then put another attraction in the free space.

Innoventions and Captain EO will be replaced, those are no brainers, and I would love to see some kind of second level kinetic attraction that serves the same function as the PeopleMover knowing full well that nothing new could occupy the old PeopleMover track.

As for Buzz, I like it a lot. Going on Buzz and trying to beat my own high score is a must do for me every trip, and I would be really sad to see it go. It's a fun, high capacity family ride in Tomorrowland and those type of attractions are important. Not everything needs to be E-tickets.

Best thing that could happen for tomorrowland is to demolish Innoventions, autopia, pizza port and the people mover tracks and maybe reconfirgure a couple portions of the monorail track.
    Once that is done then start fresh and rebuild using the land properly.

Buzz lightyear building could stay but i think i new attraction would be great

Disneyland's TL has the E-ticket attractions edge due to Space Mountain and Star Tours being in the same park. But there is too much wasted space that just sits empty most of the time, for example the Starcade, Innoventions, People Mover Track and the Magic Eye theatre, although I still love Captain EO I think it can be moved to a smaller venue with less seats and clear up room for another attraction. Autopia absolutely must stay, but be upgraded. Maybe change it to much greener electric/hybrid cars and redesign the look of the cars to more futuristic looking concept models. This is where maybe a big sponsor like Chevy or Ford could come in and drop little seeds of subliminal brand loyalty into the little minds of future generations of car buyers. Autopia is one of the last areas of the park that is surrounded by beautiful trees and vegetation, some of the trees are original trees back when the land was an orange grove I think. A nice peaceful drive on a beautiful Springtime day during the offseason will change the mind of many people who think Autopia should go.

• Unhelpful User

The older more traditonal Tomorrowland was way better than this "on the cheap" redo they did in '98...peoplemover is an inovation Walt wanted in every community not just a ride in a park but a prototype transit system...Rocket Jets/astro orbiter belongs on the second fllor of the Peoplemover platform...much better experience up there as a ride...the NASA white/silver still holds as a futureistic feel...Innoventions???...it's gotta go....Autopia??? shoulda transplanted it into cars land...It needs to be concidered a stay or a go..(i say go)...Starcade could be re themed into Flynns and get a tron ride tie in and some good ol coin op gaming (yeah I know so yesterland is coin op games but...) old traditional tomorrowland had ALOT more to offer back in the day...now it's mostly restaraunts and shopping with no more than 4 attractions...it needs a redo for shure...hope they don't screw up a second time...bring back and maybe expand on the Peoplemover..( maybe even expand it to be a real transport hub between parks!!!)
    Last edited by EPCOTresident; 03-02-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: spelling

•   

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Why do we need to compete with another Disney park, especially when it's on the other end of the country?

Like someone else said, it needs to be updated. The rides are, for the most part, fine. Well, Autopia is no longer futuristic, so that needs an update. And Innoventions needs to go. Aesthetically, Tomorrowland is a mess. They need to update it and make it look much better. Buzz may need to go, and using Astro Orbitor as a weenie is wrong.
    yes we do! this is walts orgional park! this is the ONLY Disney park he ever stepped foot into and its all about hometown pride i want someone who lives in texas for instance to say you know what i want to take my family to Disneyland instead of disneyworld.