Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Which rides and attractions you skip?

I'm heading back in May and I was thinking about which rides I'm not going to waste the time on. Are there any rides/attractions that you guys skip whenever you go or plan on skipping on your next trip? Why do you skip them?

These are the ones I intend to pass over...

It's a Small World: I just don't like the ride and never have. I got dragged on it by my cousins last year but whenever I have the chance and choice I don't even go near it.

Autopia: If I wanted to drive I would just drive my real car. It doesn't stink and I don't have to wait 45min to do so.

Toon Town: I usually skip TT in general because it's always so crowded and there really isn't anything to do if you're over the age of 8. The wait times to meet the characters in their houses are too long, too. I'll go in TT to do Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and the Go Coaster if the line is short but that's about it. I also do TT at night because most of the children have run off to bed.

Matterhorn Bobsleds: I really don't feel like having back pain for the whole week.

Space Mountain: This is a maybe. It depends on if the others in my party want to ride. It's just a bit pointless for me because I take off my glasses to ride stuff that goes this fast. It's just waiting in line for 45min to get wind the face in the dark for me.

Finding Nemo Submarines: I just don't care for it. I've been on it twice and that's enough for me. It's claustrophobic, the line takes forever, and is mostly just tv screens underwater.

Peter Pan's Flight: I'll spend the 45min somewhere else.

Soarin' Over California: Never been a big fan, but I think the ride itself is starting to look pretty shabby. They need to refurbish the screen and add some new footage.

I'd like to spend the time I'll be saving on doing stuff I don't usually do like walk through Bug's Land and do Grizzly River Run. I'd also like to fully explore Cars Land and ride more than RSR.

*I also just realized I forgot to add the word "do" in the thread title. Oops.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

We usually skip ROA and Tom Sawyers Island. Though one day we')l get the park complete!

Re: Which rides and attractions you skip?

thats the same experience everyone has on space mountain lol

• No Disassemble!

I'd suggest skipping the Storybook Land Canal Boats because the line is always painfully long unless you ride it first thing in the morning.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Let's have a poll.

DCA Hollywood Land: Muppets, Hyperion, Animation, Monsters - everything but Tower of Terror
    DCA Bugs Land: Everything (although the film is worth seeing if you have a member of your party who hasn't seen it)
    DCA Cars Land: Apart from RSR, I don't care for the rest of the attractions
    DCA Paradise Pier: Toy Story, Swings, Goofy, Zephyr, Jellyfish
    I like Soarin and the offerings of Grizzly Peak.

DL Tomorrowland: Buzz, Orbiter, Nemo Subs, Starcade, Innoventions
    DL Fantasyland: Carrousel, Dumbo
    DL Toon Town: Everything but Roger Rabbit and Mickey's House
    DL Frontierland/NOS/CC: Pooh, Arcade
    DL Adventureland: Jungle Cruise (unless it's at night)

• Original Mice-Chatter

DL we usually skip:
    Dumbo
    Casey Jr
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Innoventions
    Rockets
    Carousel
    TSI
    Canoes
    Mark Twain
    Columbia
    Go-Coaster

Matterhorn is usually something we do once a trip-

DCA-
    Jellyfish
    Zephyr
    The wild mouse coaster...whatever it's called lately
    The Mickey (not so) Fun Wheel (I HATE that thing)
    Triton's carousel
    Anything in Bugsland (though we love the water features)
    The new Mater and Luigi rides? Skipped them too-

When we go, which isn't very often, we go for at least four or five days, so we have time to do everything at least once. Here's the stuff we aren't heartbroken over if we miss it:

Autopia: if we're there with kids, it's guaranteed that we're going on this at least once. The kids will love it, and the adults will be bored senseless. It's a highway simulator. I drive on a real highway to work every day.

Astro-Orbiter: When they took the ride down to ground-level, it made it far-less exciting.

Innoventions: It's like walking into a Best Buy full of last year's stuff.

Winnie the Pooh: Just a really dull, not-to-special Winnie ride that is outdone in every way by the Pooh ride in Tokyo.

Gadget's Go Coaster: It's a kid coaster that lasts about 30 seconds, and it's based on a TV cartoon series that hasn't been on TV, or been actively marketed, in nearly two decades.

It's a Small World: That song drives us nuts.

Bug's Land: Everything about Bug's Land screams county fair, to me. It has great theming, but the attractions are just off-the-shelf kiddie rides we can get at home.

Most of Paradise Pier: The Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, Silly Symphony Swings, & King Triton's Carousel are, again, just off-the-shelf rides you see in just about every theme park on the planet.

Muppetvision 3D: When they're not turning the attraction into a five-minute 3D trailer for Disney's newest tentpole, this attraction looks and feels old.

Grizzly River Rapids: I'm sure it's an exciting attraction, but it lacks the theme and charm that Splash Mountain has. Besides, it feels like it was closed every other time we walked past.

Goofy's Sky School: This one's a toss-up. The new theme looks good, but the ride still hurts like it used to. Our family calls this ride "The Bruiser" for a reason.

Listing rides. Some rides I skip on one visit, and on another I skip the ones I did the previous visit. Some are rides I'm willing to skip most of the time anyhow.
    In DL I skip:
    - Monorail
    - DL Railroad [skipping this one makes me kinda sad]
    - King Arthur's Carousel
    - Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    - Dumbo
    - Alice in Wonderland
    - Casey Jr. Circus Train
    - Storybook Land Canal Boats
    - Astro Orbitor
    - Autopia
    - Star Tours
    - Nemo's Submarine Voyage
    - Mark Twain/Columbia [same as DL railroad]
    - Davy Crockett's Canoes
    - Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    - ToonTown

In DCA
    - Jumpin' Jellyfish
    - Silly Symphony Wings
    - King Triton's Carousel
    - Mickey's Fun Wheel
    - TS Midway Mania
    - Monster's Inc.
    - A Bug's Land

I skip these because some I just don't like and I've already experienced most of these at least once, and so has everyone else I usually visit the park with. And we're all in our 20s. So...yeah, there's also that mindset.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

DL:
    Splash mountain
    Space Mountain
    Fantasyland rides,except for Peter Pan,Snow white,and Pinocchio( Lines too long at times)

DCA:
    Almost all of the Pier, except TSMM
    Tower of Terror(Haven't been on this ride yet, but its a skip so far)
    Crush Turtle Talk( i mostly skip this due to Im usually in the workshop or the Animation classes by the start ,and 2. Ive seen mostly little kids go to this show)
    Bugs Land (Only went through this place..looks like fun though)

• -

Splash Mountain. The ride itself is fun, but I can't stand Zip-a-dee-do-da. That song clogs my head more than Small World, so I tend to not ride this one.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nic

Pirates.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

Let's see. Mr. Lincoln n Main Street. Everything in Fantasyland and Toontown (except Matterhorn), Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Innoventions, Captian EO, Monorail, and Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Tarzan's Treehouse in Adventureland. Mark Twain, Columbia, and Tom Sawyer's Island in Frontierland. Lastly, Winnie the Pooh and Canoes in Critter Country. I may go on a few of these on rare occasions (like Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise), but the rides not listed are the ones I generally always go on.

• The doctor is in

I forgot some others I usually skip.

Astro Orbiter
    The Enchanted Tiki Room (when I have my way)
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Innoventions
    Tower of Terror
    California Screamin'
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Minion

Tea cups always, Dumbo, Gadgets Go and Autopia are attractions I haven't been on since I was a young kid. Never been on Astro Orbiter and don't really plan on ever going on it. Same with all the rides in Paradise Pier other than Screamin', Toy Story and the Little Mermaid. Most things in a Bugs Land too I've either never been on or haven't for years and don't ever plan on going back on them.

One thing I wish my friends and I didn't skip is Matterhorn. Every trip my friends want to skip it and think I'm crazy for even wanting to ride it because we rode the Tomorrowland track after the refurb and all of my friends came off bruised and beaten.

Other than that, I usually skip whatever has a long line.

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast