Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What would it take to have a Ghost Investigation in Disneyland?

I would be surprised if Disney would ever allow such an investigation. Not officially, anyway. As cool as it would be...
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Cunning infiltrator

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    I understand that this is not a debate thread. But you are telling that to the people who say they don't believe, and then continue to go on and on about how all of us are in denial and give your reasoning about why ghosts are real. If you are going to say no debate, it can't just mean you don't want to hear the opposition.

Anyways, to the OP, I don't think it will happen. I think KellyMcG86 explained it best; Disney does not want the public to perceive the park as a spooky place.
    Sorry about that. I've gotten overzealous....beggars can't be choosers. But, it's fine. Whether believe it or not....it's all you. There is nothing wrong about skepticism as well.
    Last edited by LangenFox; 03-01-2013 at 12:51 AM.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Just drawn that way

At least if one doesn't believe in such, then you disprove the ghosts and come up with why these things are being seen or heard.
    And Well said KellyMcG86
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Senior Minion

The only way Disney would greenlight a ghost investigation in Disneyland is if Gunther Lessing returned and signed off on it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    At least if one doesn't believe in such, then you disprove the ghosts and come up with why these things are being seen or heard.
    It's just the other way around. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof: it's up to those making the claims to provide the proof.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Then there is the rumor about the first group whoever got to ride the Haunted Mansion, who one mad was so scared he had a heart attack.
    The guest having a heart attack in the Haunted Mansion after the opening is an urban myth.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Dont make me unfriend you

For this thread it doesn't mater if there are ghosts or not. It's about the investigation...

All I know about Ghost Hunting is from watching that SyFy channel show, Ghost Hunters.

I doubt very much that there would ever be an "official" investigation. The Park is just too big. On the TV show they investigate just one building or a small area. DL is just way too big for them.

The second thing, it's never really quiet at night. Once the park closes and the guest leave, the night shift starts. There are custodians, painters, landscapers everywhere. Delivery trucks drive all over making deliveries to the retail stores and restaurants. Maintenance trucks drive all over. There are just too many people and vehicles all night long to have a good investigation. Any EMP work or video would just have too much background stuff going on to be effective.

I doubt Disney would ever allow it. Many of the places that allow the TV investigations are looking for publicity. I don't think Disney wants that kind of publicity. Sure it may bring a few new people to the park, but Disney would fear that it would drive away more people than it attracts.

• Animatronic

As I understand it, investigating ghosts, much like investingating aliens in the 70's, or fairies a hundred years ago, is looking for things you can't explain, then, ironically, explaining them. It helps if, like those on the Ghost Hunter shows, you can't explain much, because that's more you can explain as ghosts. I've noticed they don't understand their equipment, and that seems to help too. It's also important to not understand pareidolia, the ideomotor effect, or other functions of the human mind, as that creates yet more things which can't be explained and thus assigned to ghosts.

That said, I could see them investigating the haunted mansion. There's no explaining Rolly Crump's spooky carvings designed to evoke pareidolia. I doubt such a show would drive anyone away, but it might cause a few eye rolls.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
    So again NO DEBATING.
    It would be so nice if someone from the Disney Company would allow a legit group to do an investigation. And hopefully a brave soul from the Disney company could help with the investigation and participate?
    The problem that I have with not allowing a debate on this issue is the bolded text. If one does not subscribe to the superstitious nonsense of ghosts and goblins, how is someone to say that any group that makes its living off of studying them is legitimate?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I don't think it would hurt Disney to at least do a Ghost investigation in the Haunted Mansion. It's suppose to be creepy any ways.

I don't think it would work for the whole park. But, yeah a Investigation in the mansion wouldn't take anything from it... I think for most adults it would make things more interesting and if kids chose to ride keep telling them its all fantasy lol

Maybe have videos of the investigation on Mice Chat or one of the other youtube channels. But, do it respectfully.

I do not think an investigation in the Haunted Mansion would be much of liability. In fact I think it would benefit it around the Halloween season.

• -

Maybe have videos of the investigation on Mice Chat or one of the other youtube channels. But, do it respectfully.
    If Disney were to ever do an "investigation" into this, there is no way they would put it out over a free medium like the internet. Especially when they have their own networks.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

If Disney permitted, sponsored or (worse) produced their own "paranormal investigation" of the Haunted Mansion, there's no way that it wouldn't be seen as a cheap publicity and marketing stunt that tries to greedily cash in on the popularity of "ghost hunter"-type reality TV shows. Especially if it were done around Halloween.

Reality check: there is nothing "haunted" about the Haunted Mansion. No one has died there, of fright or otherwise. Various people have illegally scattered human ashes there, which have been vacuumed up and removed. There is, quite literally, nothing there to investigate.

What some true believers in spiritualism might fail to understand is how offensive it would be to some fans of the Haunted Mansion to have it turned into a sideshow for people's personal fantasies of the paranormal to be acted out, at the end of which somebody (or some corporation) rakes in bucks.

No thank you, and no debate about it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

I support the idea of a ghost/paranormal investigation at Disneyland, but considering how Disney is with regulations, protocol and whatnot, it would be difficult unless a big name behind the investigation filled out some sort of legal paper work which would prohibit the final product from being shared with the public.

We can dream, yes?

• Disney Obsessed

While I would love an investigation of Disneyland and all it's attractions... Think of the cost it would be at. You would have even more people breaking rules than there already are. Amature ghost hunters would want to go behind the scenes where the ghost hunters went to do their own investigation during operating hours. I believe, with no paranormal experience to pin m beliefs to, and would love in theory to see this happen. But no matter how it's spun, it would only be done by Disney as a publicity stunt and would hurt the parks.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    There's no explaining Rolly Crump's spooky carvings designed to evoke pareidolia. I doubt such a show would drive anyone away, but it might cause a few eye rolls.

Thank you for giving me a reason to look up pareidolia-

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    If Disney permitted, sponsored or (worse) produced their own "paranormal investigation" of the Haunted Mansion, there's no way that it wouldn't be seen as a cheap publicity and marketing stunt that tries to greedily cash in on the popularity of "ghost hunter"-type reality TV shows. Especially if it were done around Halloween.

Reality check: there is nothing "haunted" about the Haunted Mansion. No one has died there, of fright or otherwise. Various people have illegally scattered human ashes there, which have been vacuumed up and removed. There is, quite literally, nothing there to investigate.

What some true believers in spiritualism might fail to understand is how offensive it would be to some fans of the Haunted Mansion to have it turned into a sideshow for people's personal fantasies of the paranormal to be acted out, at the end of which somebody (or some corporation) rakes in bucks.

No thank you, and no debate about it.
    I would agree with this assessment. Regardless of the belief that there could be ghosts there, Disneyland is not a good candidate for proving such a claim. It is discredited from the start, before an investigation can begin.

The bigger problem is Disney's attractions are still operating. You can't separate the smoke and mirrors effects from the real thing. No one can independently evaluate the existence of ghosts or paranormal activity.

I do think the haunted house in San Diego is real. When I went there with a co-worker, it gave me the creeps. My friend thought he saw something. He normally doesn't say such things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast