Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What would it take to have a Ghost Investigation in Disneyland?

Before we start, I am not asking if there are such things as ghost / earthbound spirits. I already know the views on both sides of the subject matter and this question is NOT about that. In fact if it was about if it was evil or real it would turn into a debate rather quickly and as you know that is against the rules. So again NO DEBATING.

Lets give it the benefit of the doubt, and lets say the "RUMORS" on the subject are true.

As you know there are Ghost Hunters / Paranormal investigators are out there, and I do find it very interesting. In fact I am one myself, I know the rules and the risk. Such as getting permission before investing, knowing the physical dangers of the location. Along with the spiritual dangers such as a
    spiritual attack, attachments, and bringing some evil things home. Reason why I say this is every time I say I am somewhat of a ghost hunter someone always feels like they have to tell me its dangerous... its like they think I don't already know.

And with all this being said, what would it take for Disney to allow a after hours investigation? The only way I know if that someone could say in the park itself past closing is if you stay in the Disney Dream suite.

If you are reading this and find this interesting you must know if the ghost stories of the park? Such as the mother dumping her son's ashes in the Haunted Mansion as to which I THINK that was proven to be a true story. And as you know his ghost haunts the Haunted mansion. And from what I have read online and in past mice chat post about the subject.

Then there is the rumor about the first group whoever got to ride the Haunted Mansion, who one mad was so scared he had a heart attack.

And lets look at how many ride accidents have happened that went over looked... which I'm sure is something Disney does not want to get into. Lets not forget how many mourners come to the park wanting to dump their loved one's ashes.

So on and so forth.

Here is a link to someone else's thread about the subject.

Disneyland ghost stories

So with that out of the way, I have also read a couple of blogs where eager ghost hunters would LOVE to do a investigation of the park.

Now lets knowledge that Disney is VERY skittish when it comes to anything not in their normal routine or anything that could make their park look not so cheery. Or have people in their park wondering about past closing time that they do not even know. When the wrong people are doing such acts they could be destructive to the property. Which leads me to think that if someone really wanted to do a legit investigation a contract saying that no one is allowed in restricted ares, or no one is allowed to break anything or allowed to start and run the rides without the proper guide or cast member present. It would be so nice if someone from the Disney Company would allow a legit group to do an investigation. And hopefully a brave soul from the Disney company could help with the investigation and participate?

It would be so cool if they could air a ghost hunting special on a youtube channel and if it could work for TV maybe have it on one of Disney's sister networks.

Hey, if anyone who is a ghost hunter gets to stay in the Dream Suite in New Orleans Square I think you should totally do some EVP's and some spirit box sessions! People like me would LOVE to hear and see what happens.... and don't forget to film it lol... even if it is only in the suite or out on the balcony you are bound to get something

Am I the only one here thinking about this? Am I the only one who has wondered about this?

I think it would be so awesome... I can't help it.

Even if you know nothing about Ghost Hunting and if you DO have a Ghost Story to share "I am ALL Mickey ears!"

Happy Haunting... Foolish Mortals! *Evil laugh*

• Closed Account

Re: What would it take to have a Ghost Investigation in Disneyland?

Threre's no such thing as ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Threre's no such thing as ghosts.
    Were not going to debate. This thread is for the ones who want to give it the benefit of the doubt. I don't guess you bothered to read what I wrote.

• formerly very helpful

As interesting as I personally find paranormal stories, whether they are true or not , I don't think Disney would EVER allow such an investigation in their parks. I think the best we can hope for is sharing some ghost stories or maybe just the sheer chance of having a paranormal encounter there. But I don't think Disney would EVER cooperate.
    Sometimes you can get a cast member to share such accounts off the record, but that's about it.
    Good luck.

• Closed Account

I read your post.

There's still no such thing as ghosts. There's nothing to give the benefit of the doubt to.

I understand but, lol surely someone with a lot of drive for finding out something could at least bring a digital recorder into the Dream Suite.

Did anyone recently watch the Ghost Hunters episode where they did a live investigation in a still functioning amusement park? Lol yes, I do watch shows like that. My fave is "Ghost Adventures" Zak Bagans most deff has my attention :P

*Blushes big time* lol

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And remember that the area of OC that Disneyland sits on was only settled in the mid 1800s. Before that Native American villages and burial grounds dotted the area. Considering that Disneyland is not too far for the Santa Ana River it is highly likely that there could have been a burial site or village underneath or very close to it. Heck even in nearby Fullerton just a few years ago they unearthed a burial site while doing construction on a sidewalk. Back in the 1950s and before they didn't do anything when they came across stuff like this when they were doing construction. Nowadays they need to stop construction and have a shaman bless the site and the remains before they can continue building.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Seeing as Disneyland employees have died tragically in park before (I will leave out specific examples, but know at least one case) and might still have CM's who worked with them in the park there, I do not recommend any 'casual' investigating in any obvious way. Go to the park and observe, sure, but equipment like audio recorders and EMF and asking questions in 'haunted' spots probably won't endear you to park employees.

As for 'official' investigating with one of the TV groups, Disney could I suppose if they saw profit or publicity in it to make a TV special, but I highly, highly doubt they'd do so and supply willingly information about guests or employees who died inside the park and specific locations where that happened. That is not something they want to publicize. So the answer is - such a ghostly investigation on any large scale simply is about 2 percent likely to happen with Disneyland knowing about it or condoning, and could be well a reason to eject guests if do so and 'break the rules' in any way.

• Under that tree again!

First I should relay some information.

"Any fool can make a rule, and every fool will mind it."

No need for an investigation, I already know about the only ghosts in Disneyland. All 999 live in the same house and are quite vocal many with well tuned vocals. Though you won't find out at first after time spent with them they turn out to be quite happy haunts.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Goofy

well for one ,the the lights continually to flash on and off a bunch of times.

• Ewok

Ghost adventures stalk me so it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up there. The only place that gives me a bad vibe is in tomorrowland... that and the wheel of death but the wheel of death is a whole different reason lol

• Just drawn that way

I've always wished they'd do that. When I worked there I always wished I had a camera with me so I could tape things I thought I saw. Tape recorder never worked to well for me even in the closing hours due to to much background noise.

I don't think Disney would do that, to much liability to the property.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Well, in that case someone can just take a lot of pictures, and if they just so happen to catch anything lol they should share it. I've seen a couple things online. But, I don't think ghost hunting is not, not allowed in the park... not like full on though. I'd take a lot of pictures... And I'd also try to tune into the spirit world a bit more. I sometimes can get impressions from certain locations. I made slight contact with the little boy that is in the Haunted Mansion the other night, just by sitting here in my bedroom which is half away across the US lol I've already forgot what it was... I guess at the moment it didn't seem that important. But, I know that the park does have portals there. I think one is near the water fall on Splash Mtn. I also think that the Haunted mansion has one... and the other night I think I picked up a portal in the castle though the middle of it where people walk. Truth is I just got a message as we speak... the boy in the haunted mansion feels LOST meaning he has no idea where he is due to the "fact" that I'm picking up, that hes some how jumping from different levels of existence, meaning he can sometimes be in the Haunted mansion from the year his ashes was dumped meaning YEARS ago, and hes been though all the changes... and sometimes he can travel to this time 2013 which is when people see him... when hes caught in the current time frame. I know its complicated. But, hes confused some what and again there is a feeling of being lost. And unless you catch him in the close spirit dimension... and yes he does leave the mansion I guess, I just got the impression that he loved / loves the pet cemetery section. But, heh after posting this people night think I'm nuts.

SO in other word the ghost boy is scared because the ridge changes for him... and I think hes waiting for his mom to show up and pick him up.. *eye twitches*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast