Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Cars Land Mater's Ride

Has anybody been on the Mater's ride at DCA? I am going in May and I am wondering if it is worth the wait. First time poster btw.

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: Cars Land Mater's Ride

It is a fun ride. I would check it out if you have time. Please tell us your opinions after your trip
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

I think it's a fun ride(the theme song makes the ride) and the wait time was less than 15 min when I went.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

It's a lot of fun. And while you wait in queue, there is tons of great theming to pass the time.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Worth the short wait. Fun to ride and like RosevilleDisfan says, the square dance call by Mater is great. It's more fun than a barrel of monkey wrenches!

• The doctor is in

I am also going in May and plan on checking this ride out along with Luigi's Flying Tires.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Banned User

The most common things I've heard from people ( friends or strangers in line with us ) on the last three trips to Carsland was that they seemed to enjoy the value of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree over Luigi's Flying Tires. I am by no means saying it's a better ride or that I think that way, just passing along the consistent observation.

Personally I love Luigi's because it's a re-visioned version of an old Disneyland ride and I finally get to ride the thing. I respect that the technology that went into it seems to be more than that of Maters.

....and yet I really have to focus on the word "value" and point out that you'll typically have a shorter line for Mater's for a ride that takes about the same time and might come off as more fun because it really whips you around. I love Luigi's but have to notice that not everyone has a great time on it. Some people have a frustrating time because they're not clear on how to fly the tire, or maybe they get boxed in by a few other customers and their whole ride is being stuck in a corner.

They're both good. If you went to DCA and didn't go on them I think it would be a regrettable shame.

• Hooterville, USA

The good thing about it is that you won't have to wait in a long line.

Welcome to MC!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I only had time for one or the other, and I was more intrigued with Luigi's.

I won't ever go on it again, it was a waste of time.

Maybe Mater's a better ride...

It's super fun and so cute! I like while waiting in line when you can see the ride, looking at kids either having the time of their lives or holding on for dear life and screaming. (Just interesting to see some kids love it, some kids are traumatized for some reason). Anyhow, my friend pointed out to me last time we went that all the cars have different shaped mouths which I never noticed before. I like the ride a lot. It's themed really well and I like listening to Mater's singing.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• i believe in faeries.

when i went in september, luigi's had a 30 min wait, and mater's had a 5 (!) so we went on it. it's really actually fun... like and old school fair's 'salt and pepper shaker' or 'whip' carnival ride. we never actually made it in to luigi's, the wait was always way too long, but we hit mater's a couple of times.

• Mistress of Evil

We love MJJ! I laugh during the whole ride.
    The best part is before the ride when Mater delivers the safety instructions in English and Spanish.

Speaking of Mater's ride, does anyone know why it's under a tent today? I didn't see it on the refurb schedule. It kind of looks like a fumigation tent, minus the big, colorful stripes.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Speaking of Mater's ride, does anyone know why it's under a tent today? I didn't see it on the refurb schedule. It kind of looks like a fumigation tent, minus the big, colorful stripes.
    They are repainting it I believe with paint that is supposed to last longer. As for the attraction I love it. I think they nailed the spirit of Mater perfectly with it.

• The doctor is in

Is this ride like the Teacups, though? I have watched POV's on YouTube and it kind of looks like that.

I never ride the cups because I have vertigo issues so I would hate to wait in line only to be unpleasantly surprised.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast