Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    actually i bet you could come in the parks if you paid at the gate.
    That was my question..

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    And I wonder, a general question. If one gets their AP taken away, is that the same as getting banned from the parks? Or can OP buy a ticket and still get in, just not with her AP. Just curious.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    o btw you can try and fight the underage drinking,but law is law and you were in public and you are underage,so chances are one sip is gonna cost ya and if you have to go to court you probably will get convicted
    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    And I wonder, a general question. If one gets their AP taken away, is that the same as getting banned from the parks? Or can OP buy a ticket and still get in, just not with her AP. Just curious.
    I would assume that once you are banned, that they would have a picture of you somewhere in the offices so that you are denied entry into the parks.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Knight of Naughtyness

If you are banned from the parks, then you are not supposed to return. The likelihood of you getting caught is low if you buy a ticket and behave normally. However, some CMs have good memories, and it could be trouble if they spot you. If you return to Disney property after being told to leave, you can be charged with criminal trespassing. Not really worth it.

The best thing to do is to wait until the ban expires if they gave you a date. Otherwise, your second best option is to wait until some time goes by, and then send an apology letter including: a) what happened, b) pointing out that you cooperated fully, c) stating that you learned your lesson, d) saying that you will be more careful in the future and abide by their policies, e) asking for them to lift the ban, and f) asking them (in the case they do not lift the ban) what you can do to make things right with them.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I would assume that once you are banned, that they would have a picture of you somewhere in the offices so that you are denied entry into the parks.
    And then the people checking admissions at the gate goes through thousands of photos and finds one that looks like you and...

• Future Imagineer! =D

Now I'm soo curious!
    I wanna know if they have her a time frame or something, or took her picture, etc. I've heard Disney really does follow through on the parks bans, but I don't really see how they could, unless it's only in serious cases that they do and somehow have a system.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Minion

Usually parks bans for drinking is obe year however I dobt know it this has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    And then the people checking admissions at the gate goes through thousands of photos and finds one that looks like you and...
    I recall seeing a news report about advanced facial recognition software being used with the surveillance cameras at high profile sporting events like the super bowl.

I wonder when this may happen at Disneyland (if it hasn't already)

Im sure you could buy a ticket or have someone buy you a ticket and just wear a hat or a beanie and you wont be recognized.... sucks that you got caught but you gotta pay the price....

• Sock Puppet

nope. they have your photo from the pass.. remember they took their pass..they have ur photo in the system
    Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    exaclty. if you are banned from parks you are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    Usually parks band for drinking is over year however I dobt know it this has changed.
    it might of , last time i heard it was 2 years... my friend got drunk in Uva bar, he was banned from the parks and downtown disney for a while, like 2 years. they took his pass and they had his photo in the system.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-02-2013 at 01:16 AM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Like most have said here, no. Basically you are in a contract and you must fulfill that obligation. That being said take this as a lesson learned and move forward. Sorry about the cruddy situation!

I had a similar situation happen to a friend, except they were not drinking but were with a group that was prior to park entry. Needless to say Disney revoked all of their passes for (I think) a year. However, I think she paid for her pass upfront so there was no question of if she could stop payment or not. They just had to deal with it unfortunately.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by erdons View Post
    Im sure you could buy a ticket or have someone buy you a ticket and just wear a hat or a beanie and you wont be recognized.... sucks that you got caught but you gotta pay the price....
    the thing is with this is, they were underage drinking and she/he may have to go to court, they may or may not send him or her notice that they will will get convicted i'm not sure how after a minor gets caught after drinking at DCA how the parks handle it but if they charge the person then the minor can get in major trouble.

thing with buying a ticket now is that they take your photo(cause they are trying to combat ticket renting).. the photo appears in the system when they check through the turnstyle...so then what does the OP do?? it's in their system that person is banned for X amount of time or forever, i am not sure in this case either way the OP has to pay for the Pass for the time left on it. that is how the cookie crumbles
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-02-2013 at 01:19 AM.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyDax View Post
    I had an incident of underage drinking at DCA (which Im probably going to fight because it was one sip and we fully cooperated.) and I had my AP taken away. I've tried calling the AP hotline to get information but they're incredibly slow. It's been a month since the incident and I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and I was still getting charged the monthly 40 dollars even though I can't even go into the parks! I don't have that kind of money just laying around(especially since my pass doesn't expire till September). Can I suspend making payments since my pass is suspended anyway?

WHY DID YOU TELL THEM YOU HAD AN ANNUAL PASSPORT??? dumb enough you didn't take your drinking/getting a buzz "off campus" like most smart people do...but why would you tell them you're an AP???...are you just plain stupid???

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    the thing is with this is, they were underage drinking and she/he may have to go to court, they may or may not send him or her notice that they will will get convicted i'm not sure how after a minor gets caught after drinking at DCA how the parks handle it but if they charge the person then the minor can get in major trouble.

I very much doubt that this situation as described here involves any legal prosecution. Seems to be more of a caught breaking the rules so you are not welcome back for a while thing.

Disney has to have have a zero tolerance policy towards underage drinking at CA Adventure or they risk suspension/revocation of their CA ABC liquor license.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOTresident View Post
    WHY DID YOU TELL THEM YOU HAD AN ANNUAL PASSPORT??? dumb enough you didn't take your drinking/getting a buzz "off campus" like most smart people do...but why would you tell them you're an AP???...are you just plain stupid???
    They probably asked to see an ID, ran it through their system and saw that he/she had an AP.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOTresident View Post
    Probably because they ask for your ticket media in situations like this. It didn't matter anyway because they ask for ID also, and they issue a trespass against you. They would have looked it up anyway.

To the OP, not much you can do. You are paying the price for your error in judgement.

And I too appreciate Disneyland preventing underage drinking.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast