Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78
  1. #61

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    396

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    1) I think this thread is hilarious
    2) @ OP I think you should take this as a life lesson, it's lucky it wasn't the police, because you might have gone to jail...you're lucky it wasn't a DUI (at minimum that's a $10k battle, plus revocation of your license, increased insurance, etc. and you have to say you were convicted of a felony or something bad)
    3) Learn your lesson--> drink, have fun, but don't get caught
    4) What you see on the boards is the bitter honest truth, protective parents, trolls, etc. so take it for what it's worth. (Yes we're all nuts when it comes to Disney, but you presented a very real situation where you've shown a clear lack of judgment and people on the internets eat that faster than ppl eat tony the tiger after a blunt.


    G/L on getting the pass back and I hope you continue to enjoy life, just do it responsibly.

  2. #62

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,603

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    4) What you see on the boards is the bitter honest truth, protective parents, trolls, etc. so take it for what it's worth. (Yes we're all nuts when it comes to Disney, but you presented a very real situation where you've shown a clear lack of judgment and people on the internets eat that faster than ppl eat tony the tiger after a blunt.
    So off topic here and don't mean to be, but had to say, the above bolded is probably the funniest thing I've seen on these boards so far. I'm still laughing.

    K, carry on.

  3. #63

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    So off topic here and don't mean to be, but had to say, the above bolded is probably the funniest thing I've seen on these boards so far. I'm still laughing.

    K, carry on.
    LMBO ... me too and I am glad I'm not the only one laughing. Calling it "tony the tiger" instead of "frosted flakes" just has that odd 21st century urban humor to it.

  4. #64

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Orange County, CA; USA
    Posts
    317

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    To the OP... any update on the appeal?

    Do you think they'll ban you permanently or let you back in when you're 21?

  5. #65

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    822

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    I may have missed a post, but why would you tell anyone you have a pass? I would just say I had a day ticket and I don't have it on me. It is not like people have lost them before.

    Dumb. I agree with chancencinny. The whole story has not been told. But who cares. I can't understand why you would offer that you are an AP unless like many, you think you are entitled to break rules.
    Lying is breaking a fundamental rule and chips away at the trust that allows us to function as a society.

    I think the fact that so many people are comfortable with the choice of lying is why our society has so many problems these days.

  6. #66

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    822

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    This thread caused me to think of a good question.

    If somebody posted on Mice Chat, information that divulged restricted actions that occurred at Disneyland, and Disneyland security learned about those actions through reading Mice Chat, and they asked the Mice Chat management for the identity of the poster.... Would Mice Chat provide that information to Disney Security ?

    Just curious.

  7. #67

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    355

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    This thread caused me to think of a good question.

    If somebody posted on Mice Chat, information that divulged restricted actions that occurred at Disneyland, and Disneyland security learned about those actions through reading Mice Chat, and they asked the Mice Chat management for the identity of the poster.... Would Mice Chat provide that information to Disney Security ?

    Just curious.

    My answer would be no, this website has no legal obligation to provide information on its users to Disney security unless Disney had a court order requiring them to do so. A website's user information is confidential even to the police unless they have a court order or subpoena or the information is needed to prevent an immediate loss of life or property.

  8. #68

    •     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Folks, there are an awful lot of posts that have wandered over the line of a general discussion about what the OP experienced, to the point of being personal attacks and/or personal asides. As most of you know, we don't allow either, and some of you have begun to suffer because of the words you have chosen to post.

    What say, from this point forward, we just don't post such words?
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

    Ernest Thompson Seton

  9. #69

    • Dont make me unfriend you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    I know in the past Disneyland had undercover security guards on the lookout for shop lifters. They still might.. I dunno.

    I never thought about it until reading this thread. I would bet they have undercover security guards at the drinking sites looking for underage drinkers. It would be pretty easy for an undercover guard see a possible underage drinker, and call/alert the normal uniformed guards to check their ID.

  10. #70

    • I live for Indy Rides
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Posts
    81

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Wait, so you broke the law, and you are going to fight it? You are underage, you shouldn't have been drinking, PERIOD.

    Accept the consequences and learn your lesson. The entitlement amongst youth these days is sickening.
    I'd like to refer to the post I made a few pages ago, right here, which could indicated how NOT entitled I feel about this whole situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    To the OP... any update on the appeal?

    Do you think they'll ban you permanently or let you back in when you're 21?
    The decision to appeal actually came from my girlfriend. She has been talking to every person she has ever met that has worked at Disneyland, and a lot of them have said that I have a pretty high chance of getting my pass back. This is what prompted me to take action. Unfortunately, my letter that officially tells me that my pass was revoked never ended up coming in the mail. What I learned is that even though I changed my address several months earlier, disneyland sent my letter to my old address. That was completely infuriating and I was livid. I got the hotline from calling many different numbers. What the hotline basically is, is a voicemail you give to them. I left a message, actually asking about the payment plan, and I got a call back the same day. What the guy said, is that I should keep my payments up and he will be starting my appeal right away, because an appeal was my best chance at correcting the problem, and that the board will make their decision and get back to me in thirty days. I made that call maybe a week ago, so I'm being patient. I'll be sure to drop a post when I get the results back, so y'all could know.

    EDIT: Whoops! I forgot to say that if the appeal fails, then I will be eligible to get my pass back in a year since the incident. So I could get one around January of next year.

    As I said in my previous post, I am still reading every single post, good or bad. And it's starting to really piss me off that you all think that because I should just lay down and not fight because I made one mistake that I am LITERALLY PAYING for every day. Knowing that my future could be me paying 320 dollars for nothing is not okay, and I do not regret fighting it, no matter how "entitled" you judgy people think I am.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 03-06-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Inappropriate use of Mod Note.


  11. #71

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I know in the past Disneyland had undercover security guards on the lookout for shop lifters. They still might.. I dunno.

    I never thought about it until reading this thread. I would bet they have undercover security guards at the drinking sites looking for underage drinkers. It would be pretty easy for an undercover guard see a possible underage drinker, and call/alert the normal uniformed guards to check their ID.

    wait.i think your on to something! i think i read and or heard that they were going to do undercover security also..but who knows maybe that was just a tall tail i heard or read..

  12. #72

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyDax View Post
    I'd like to refer to the post I made a few pages ago, right here, which could indicated how NOT entitled I feel about this whole situation.



    The decision to appeal actually came from my girlfriend. She has been talking to every person she has ever met that has worked at Disneyland, and a lot of them have said that I have a pretty high chance of getting my pass back. This is what prompted me to take action. Unfortunately, my letter that officially tells me that my pass was revoked never ended up coming in the mail. What I learned is that even though I changed my address several months earlier, disneyland sent my letter to my old address. That was completely infuriating and I was livid. I got the hotline from calling many different numbers. What the hotline basically is, is a voicemail you give to them. I left a message, actually asking about the payment plan, and I got a call back the same day. What the guy said, is that I should keep my payments up and he will be starting my appeal right away, because an appeal was my best chance at correcting the problem, and that the board will make their decision and get back to me in thirty days. I made that call maybe a week ago, so I'm being patient. I'll be sure to drop a post when I get the results back, so y'all could know.

    EDIT: Whoops! I forgot to say that if the appeal fails, then I will be eligible to get my pass back in a year since the incident. So I could get one around January of next year.

    As I said in my previous post, I am still reading every single post, good or bad. And it's starting to really piss me off that you all think that because I should just lay down and not fight because I made one mistake that I am LITERALLY PAYING for every day. Knowing that my future could be me paying 320 dollars for nothing is not okay, and I do not regret fighting it, no matter how "entitled" you judgy people think I am.

    i am sorry but some of us are not judging you. Things happen. Just thank your lucky stars that it's only 1 year then you get to come back to the parks!

  13. #73

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    As the mother of 2 young men who I'm sure did their share of underage drinking without my knowledge or permission (and did a fair share myself, I have to be honest since I'm playing the 'Mom Card' here) remember that some of the posts here that have had some negativity have come from parents. And the consequences of underage drinking can be tragic. Every parent's nightmare is that horrible 'call in the middle of the night' saying that their child has been injured, or God forbid, has died as a result of some alcohol related incident. As a parent, you want the authorities to come down hard on underage drinking, you want kids to 'suffer the penalties' for getting caught. Not because we are mean or vindictive, but because we don't want anything to happen to you.

    So, go ahead and file your appeal. That is your right. But it is also Disney's right to come down on you hard for even one tiny sip of alcohol while you are underaged. How were they to know how much you had actually had? Anyone who gets caught drinking underage says 'it was only a sip', but it probably wouldn't have been 'just a sip' if you hadn't got caught, would it? What would the implications be for Disney if you had left Disneyland and had an accident and had blown over the limit (which is 0.01% for under 21)?

    You agreed to pay for your Annual Pass on a monthly payment plan. You are legally obligated to make the payments whether you can use it or not. Just the same way a person convicted of drunk driving would have to continue to make car payments, even if their license is suspended & they aren't allowed to drive it.

    No matter what Disney decides, please just learn something from this. Underage drinking doesn't involve just you. It involves your friends who gave you the alcohol illegally & could have been arrested themselves, the establishment whose license you put in jeopardy, & your family who would have been devastated if something had happened to you.

    I'm not judging you. You are young and made a bad decision that lots of other kids make everyday, and you got caught. It doesn't make you 'entitled' or a bad person that you resent having to pay for your mistake, it makes you a normal kid. And now I'm going to use a phrase that always made my sons cringe; "When you are an adult" you will learn that if you decide to do something you know is 'wrong' and you get caught, you will have to pay for it, whether it is a speeding ticket or armed robbery. And part of being an adult is accepting that risk and accepting the consequences of getting caught.

    OK, Mom lecture is over. Please take care and think a little about what I've said. If it doesn't make sense now, trust me, it will someday!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  14. #74

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    ITA with what Stormy said.

    Some of us here have been on your side and have tried to be supportive. I'm not judging you - hey, I drank underage myself and I daresay that others have as well. However, from Disney's point of view, drinking underage a) puts them in violation of their liquor license which can have serious legal consequences for them and the future of said liquor license; b) could result in negative press/public opinion; c) opens up the possibility of your getting hurt on property while you are under the influence, which they don't want. One sip or 20, they can still be legally culpable for it, which is why the zero tolerance policy exists.

    In your original post you didn't mention fighting the ban - if that is what you want to do, instead of waiting out the year, that is your choice, and I wish you the best of luck with it. Regardless, as Stormy said, the agreement you made for the AP still holds, so you have to pay it off whether Disney lets you back or not. If you don't, you will likely be socked by collection agencies and never be able to use a payment plan again. Does it stink to pay for something you can't use? Sure, it does, but that's life sometimes, unless you're prepared to deal with a collection agency. You made an adult agreement with Disney to pay for the pass, the fine print says you're responsible for it regardless, you already used the pass to get into the park and there's really no reason Disney should let you out of that obligation. It's not Disney's fault that you made a mistake. Nobody should crucify you for that mistake and it can be a learning experience for you, but it does come with consequences, which might mean paying for the full amount of the pass.
    Last edited by Malina; 03-06-2013 at 06:02 PM.

  15. #75

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    As the mother of 2 young men who I'm sure did their share of underage drinking without my knowledge or permission (and did a fair share myself, I have to be honest since I'm playing the 'Mom Card' here) remember that some of the posts here that have had some negativity have come from parents. And the consequences of underage drinking can be tragic. Every parent's nightmare is that horrible 'call in the middle of the night' saying that their child has been injured, or God forbid, has died as a result of some alcohol related incident. As a parent, you want the authorities to come down hard on underage drinking, you want kids to 'suffer the penalties' for getting caught. Not because we are mean or vindictive, but because we don't want anything to happen to you.

    So, go ahead and file your appeal. That is your right. But it is also Disney's right to come down on you hard for even one tiny sip of alcohol while you are underaged. How were they to know how much you had actually had? Anyone who gets caught drinking underage says 'it was only a sip', but it probably wouldn't have been 'just a sip' if you hadn't got caught, would it? What would the implications be for Disney if you had left Disneyland and had an accident and had blown over the limit (which is 0.01% for under 21)?

    You agreed to pay for your Annual Pass on a monthly payment plan. You are legally obligated to make the payments whether you can use it or not. Just the same way a person convicted of drunk driving would have to continue to make car payments, even if their license is suspended & they aren't allowed to drive it.

    No matter what Disney decides, please just learn something from this. Underage drinking doesn't involve just you. It involves your friends who gave you the alcohol illegally & could have been arrested themselves, the establishment whose license you put in jeopardy, & your family who would have been devastated if something had happened to you.

    I'm not judging you. You are young and made a bad decision that lots of other kids make everyday, and you got caught. It doesn't make you 'entitled' or a bad person that you resent having to pay for your mistake, it makes you a normal kid. And now I'm going to use a phrase that always made my sons cringe; "When you are an adult" you will learn that if you decide to do something you know is 'wrong' and you get caught, you will have to pay for it, whether it is a speeding ticket or armed robbery. And part of being an adult is accepting that risk and accepting the consequences of getting caught.

    OK, Mom lecture is over. Please take care and think a little about what I've said. If it doesn't make sense now, trust me, it will someday!
    bravo!

    this post above is precisely a good one! I am 33 and what stormy said makes perfectly good sense and so true to the word. It is sad to know that teenagers and young adults up to 20 are drinking, it really saddens my heart, i never did that when i was in my 20's and i guess times have changed but it doesn't make it right. Be glad that it was just park security and the cops weren't involved(and DCA coulda had them involved if they felt they needed to btw) because having a conviction of drinking at a young age is so detrimental . Remember what i had said about if the cops were involved then you might get convicted? yeah see because i was more thinking that IF the Anaheim police department for Disneyland had to be called then seriously actions would have been taken, so jut be glad that it was just the park security...and when i said it wasn't being judgy, i was simply trying to let you know that their might/might not be consequences..but you are VERY VERY lucky that your pass is the only thing that got taken away.

    and so please don't take what we have said as judging, we tried to help you and support you. Many of us are adults and have kids like stormy said who knows maybe some of us been through it,who knows....

    Also to add on-- do let us know how things go.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Why No Out Of State Annual Pass Monthly Payment Options?
    By wedway in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
  2. [Question] Annual Pass Payment Plan Question
    By Pirateheatther in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. [Question] Annual Pass Question
    By FantasticDuck in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
  4. [Question] Quick Annual Pass question!
    By AshleyJaded in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
  5. [Question] Quick question about an Annual Pass
    By Momeraths in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •