Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• I live for Indy Rides

annual pass revocation/payment question

I had an incident of underage drinking at DCA (which Im probably going to fight because it was one sip and we fully cooperated.) and I had my AP taken away. I've tried calling the AP hotline to get information but they're incredibly slow. It's been a month since the incident and I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and I was still getting charged the monthly 40 dollars even though I can't even go into the parks! I don't have that kind of money just laying around(especially since my pass doesn't expire till September). Can I suspend making payments since my pass is suspended anyway?

Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

Read the terms of the contract you signed when you bought your AP.

I am going to guess that even though you are banned from the parks for violating park rules you are still obligated to the contract you are in to purchase the AP.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I have to agree with Mortgageman; check out the terms of the contract for details. Sucks that you got your pass revoked, but thems the breaks.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• -

I bought my pass outright. I wouldn't expect to get a refund if it was revoked for breaking the rules. Actions have consequences.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You were in the wrong. Now you have to pay the price. Sorry.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

From what I know, you pay for your pass until it expires while it is suspended and when you get your pass back, you can use it for the remaining months of your pass before it expired.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I bought my pass outright. I wouldn't expect to get a refund if it was revoked for breaking the rules. Actions have consequences.

Yes and

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Yes.

Underage drinking for businesses that sell drinks is no joke. Did they give you a time frame as to when you might get it back?

And I wonder, a general question. If one gets their AP taken away, is that the same as getting banned from the parks? Or can OP buy a ticket and still get in, just not with her AP. Just curious.
    Last edited by clara; 03-01-2013 at 04:27 PM.

• DMTNT

When you buy an Annual Pass on the monthly payment plan you are signing a credit contract. The pass is paid in full when you buy it. You now have a 12-month installment credit account with Disney that you are paying off. If you stop payments, you violate the terms of your credit agreement. This will affect your credit and Disney could submit the account for collections.

As others have said, you violated the rules of the pass (as well as the law). Whether it is one sip or a whole cup. Now you have to live with the consequences. I know it is painful to hear. But kudos to Disney for taking a step to curb underage drinking.

Many folks get confused as to what is happening when they contract for an AP with installment payments.

It is not a month to month use agreement. You have purchased the product and are obligated to pay for it, Disney is simply allowing payments to be made over time for your convenience.

As another poster mentioned, whether you purchased with one payment or multiple payments doesn't matter...you purchased it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyDax View Post
    I had an incident of underage drinking at DCA (which Im probably going to fight because it was one sip and we fully cooperated.) and I had my AP taken away. I've tried calling the AP hotline to get information but they're incredibly slow. It's been a month since the incident and I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and I was still getting charged the monthly 40 dollars even though I can't even go into the parks! I don't have that kind of money just laying around(especially since my pass doesn't expire till September). Can I suspend making payments since my pass is suspended anyway?
    unfortunately no. you signed the contract by which you stated that you would make the payments every month as intended. They will not give you are AP back, and you will not be allowed back to the parks for probably years, worst case scenario.

You can pay the rest of the balance off at anytime on your pass and be done with it, but they will not suspend the payments.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.

• Sock Puppet

o btw you can try and fight the underage drinking,but law is law and you were in public and you are underage,so chances are one sip is gonna cost ya and if you have to go to court you probably will get convicted.

Pay up and take it as a lesson learned. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    yeah... what they said. personally I would prefer it if DCA had a no drinking policy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    o btw you can try and fight the underage drinking,but law is law and you were in public and you are underage,so chances are one sip is gonna cost ya and if you have to go to court you probably will get convicted.

what she said too!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    unfortunately no. you signed the contract by which you stated that you would make the payments every month as intended. They will not give you are AP back, and you will not be allowed back to the parks for probably years, worst case scenario.

You can pay the rest of the balance off at anytime on your pass and be done with it, but they will not suspend the payments.
    actually i bet you could come in the parks if you paid at the gate.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast