One Year, 67 Visits, A Million Memories

In mid-February my family’s annual passes expired, but we had a great year in the parks, packing in 67 different trips. I created a blog and wrote a pretty detailed trip report for each visit throughout the year, complete with photos and video. I thought I’d share it here in case anyone is interested.

Our Disneyland Diary | Chronicling the Kiely Family's Adventures at the Disneyland Resort

Having visited so frequently during that year, toward the end I saw my kids beginning to take the parks for granted. I think it will be good for us to have some time away, restoring the “magic” in the process. That’s not to say we don’t already miss it, but we got Sea World Fun Cards for 2013 and will probably return to Disneyland as APs again sometime in 2014.

For me, the issue is that Disneyland APs are so expensive, the only way to justify a purchase is to use them like crazy, at least on my budget. So that’s what we did, creating countless memories that will stay with us for the rest of our lives. I was extremely impressed by all of the AP exclusive benefits (especially over the last couple months) and look forward to staying in touch with the happenings at the parks here on MiceChat while we’re away.

Here’s a direct link to 144 Disneyland videos embedded in the various blog entries:
    http://vimeo.com/user10681710/videos

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: One Year, 67 Visits, A Million Memories

I scrolled through to about January. Such a great TR and a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing!

• i believe in faeries.

looks like it was a great year!

Excellent blog! Thanks for sharing. We have just bought our first APs, and are getting ready to take our third trip of the year (opening day of Fantasy Faire - are we nuts?!). My husband is concerned that we will get bored, but I dont see how that could possibly happen with so much to check out & so many new changes this year.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Excellent blog! Thanks for sharing. We have just bought our first APs, and are getting ready to take our third trip of the year (opening day of Fantasy Faire - are we nuts?!). My husband is concerned that we will get bored, but I dont see how that could possibly happen with so much to check out & so many new changes this year.
    I don't think you'll get bored. We've had Disneyland APs in the past, but this last year I was especially impressed by how varied the options and experiences are at the resort. You can go several days in a row and have totally different experiences each day. Many times we only went on a few rides but still had really fun, full days in the parks.

• Selfie Expert

I LOVE your blog!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List