• The Lucky Rabbit

Limited Time Magic: 'Oz The Great and Powerful' Costume and Prop Display

Disney Parks Blog:
    ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Costume and Prop Display Comes to Disneyland Resort for ‘Limited Time Magic’ « Disney Parks Blog

I hadn't actually read the DPB at the time and had just purchased some products from the WonderGround gallery and had taken pictures of the display not realizing it was part of LTM. The pictures are below: Sorry for the quality, I was on my way out of Anaheim to drive 6 hours north back home, but thought since no one has posted any pics I would get the ball rolling.

Name:  DSCF2706.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  115.2 KBName:  DSCF2707.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  156.0 KBName:  DSCF2703.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  105.8 KBName:  DSCF2704.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  91.7 KBName:  DSCF2705.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  86.9 KBName:  DSCF2708.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  94.0 KBName:  DSCF2709.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  102.0 KB
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• No Disassemble!

Re: Limited Time Magic: 'Oz The Great and Powerful' Costume and Prop Display

That's a good way for guests to discover the Wonderground gallery. But will people care enough to venture there on the way, or coming from, the parks?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

To me this doesn't sound like limited time magic. It sounds like a limited time advertisement.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    To me this doesn't sound like limited time magic. It sounds like a limited time advertisement.
    There is lots of magic to be had with set pieces and costumes. Publicity and magic are not mutually exclusive and experiencing one does not detract from the other.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    There is lots of magic to be had with set pieces and costumes. Publicity and magic are not mutually exclusive and experiencing one does not detract from the other.
    While this is normally true, if disney truly wanted to present this a magic, the would have included stuff from several movies and not just te latest one they are trying to drag you into the theater to take your movie dollars.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Lucky Rabbit

Also to clarify the little plaques say they are Replica's of props used in the movie. They are not the screen-used props.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Minion

ORDDU: Why is it okay for other studio's to do anything they want to promote their latest movies, while it's not supposed to be all right for Disney to do something to promote their latest? There are more appropriate things to complain about rather than this.

• The Lucky Rabbit

Right after I posted this my family had HSN on and they were showing the original screen-used Glinda dress and prop Porcelain Doll live. So that's where some of the originals are. I personally like the inclusion of props whether replicas or screen used and its inclusion in Downtown Disney provides greater access for more people to see.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'll agree with this...unlike what they did with Frankinweenie this is just advertisement

Thank you for sharing these pictures!
    I think I must make the trek up for photo expedition.