Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: ideas for new land or area in Disneyland?

Very well put, IllusionOfLife.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I'd rather them just expand the lands we have now...Fontierland need to have a area where you REALLY feel like your in a ghost town/mining town as you walk around
    Tomorrowland needs to get ride of Autopia as is and put into some new E tickets and interactive attractions

I really wish Adventure land could get a new ride too since that land has not seen anything new added to it since Indy (Tarzan redo does not count)

As for new lands....and this includes Star Wars and Marvel...I mainly want them in a third gate so that they have space to feel REAL and not just some add on....though Im still cool with seeing one ride from those added to the other parks...I just want new lands to have the room to really be all they can instead of what Toontown is

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    DLcub, where did you get this information from? When did it come out? Not questioning your statements, just would like to read more about them, Thanks!
    All of the information except for the part about the Fantasyland theater comes from Al Lutz. I was pretty skeptical about the possibility of CC connecting with FL behind ROA because of the backstage area, but I have read about it on Al's blog. But just because he has mentioned that the area has been discussed for possible expansion doesn't mean that there's currently any actual plans.

I read on Screamscape about plans for a replica of the The Snow White coaster to be installed in Disneyland, but it didn't say where, although rumors about the Fantasyland theater site have come up.

Although all the new WDW Fantasyland restaurants and kiddie coaster doesn't appeal to me, I want to see massive crowds flocking to WDW for it before they even think of putting that at DL. Priority one should be the space they get from demolishing EO, innovations, pizza port, Starcade, and the peoplemoover track and station.

Big Thunder Falls and the pond behind it is falling apart and can be used for a frontierland expansion. I'm positive OZ will bomb in theaters, freeing up the old ranch and land beyond the railroad behind it(though OZ sounded cooler than other ideas I've heard)

The red area needs to stay part of frontierland, I'd say western river expedition and a wild west stunt show(could be lone ranger themed at least temporarily) . I really miss western stunt shows, universal used to have a great one, and knotts is devolved into a lame comedy show.
    I'd love to see autopia changed into a Tron e ticket as part of new tomorrowland. Subs should be rethemed into a deep sea exploration as the ocean has only been 1% explored this would fit into tomorrow lands theme for a long time.
    I agree that Disneyland should never have a land based on a single franchise.

a Villians land called Shadowlands and make the 5th mountain of disneyland!

• Banned User

Toontown isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't mind seeing it go away. Although I do like Mickey's House. Gadget's Go Coaster, Roger Rabbit and Mickey's House aren't enough to keep it around. Roger Rabbit isn't really exciting now that we have Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    Roger Rabbit isn't really exciting now that we have Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters.
    Those are two totally different rides. It would be like saying that Mr. Toad is no longer interesting because we have Toy Story Mania.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I'd like to see Princess Land.......with all new immersive meet n' greets.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    I'd like to see Princess Land.......with all new immersive meet n' greets.
    Are you a WDW executive?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

I will agree with my Mutineer cohort and say a Villains land. It'd be a nice mesh between Toon Town and Fantasyland. You could even blend it as so. Set it up so, walking from Fantasyland, you get the more Fantasy villains like Maleficent, and then blend it into more modern villains like...*brain fart* someone. Someone that would meld into the community setting of Toon Town. Anyway, I'm Jake and I approve of this idea.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Dreamer

*cough*Discovery Bay*cough*

You know back of house facilities are critical to the operation of a successful theme park. One of those areas in particular marked in "yellow" houses important functions for the operation of the park.

Aside from the possible expansion of Main Street by creating an alley through the backstage areas to help the crowd flow during parades and fireworks I don't think we'll see much expansion into the other backstage areas. The only other area that I would view as a possibility (a very unlikely one) would be the horse stables behind the Festival Arena and Big Thunder Ranch.

Frankly, Disneyland has plenty of opportunities within the current park boundaries to replace existing attractions with new ones and keep the park fresh for years-to-come.

I personally believe that any "new lands" and major expansion will come in the form of a third theme park and not within the boundaries of Disneyland. As attendance continues to increase a new park is going to be the best way to meet that demand, not a small expansion of the original.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think the various backstage buildings could be consolidated, and with a basement and upper stories, they could reshuffle the deck and get rid of some of the backstage sprawl.

I think we'll see expansions to both parks and a third gate.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by danielz6 View Post
    The red area needs to stay part of frontierland, I'd say western river expedition and a wild west stunt show(could be lone ranger themed at least temporarily) .
    No offense but people need to let go of Western River Expedition. It will probably never happen, but as long as they do something else equally awesome I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    *cough*Discovery Bay*cough*
    YES!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast