Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mickey icecream sammiches

ideas for new land or area in Disneyland?

A recent thread got me thinking about the potential possibility of re-doing the area of Disneyland park where Big Thunder Ranch and the adjacent Princess Fantasy Faire Theatre are. It's a pretty sizable chunk of space and seeing as the aforementioned attractions are not overly popular it seems to me they could re-landsape and re-theme this area into some cool things...possibly an expanded Fronteirland with a new ride, an expanded Fantasyland (perhaps with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride from MK, another attraction from another Disneyland park internationally, or something completely new and unique), or both. Or they could potentially even insert a brand new land in this area.

I'm aware that a project like this is not a likely possibility, but I'm just curious to know if anyone has any thoughts about it: what you would do/what you would want there.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new Frontierland ride, but I also love Fantasyland rides. Just no more meet n' greets, lol. I'd love to see something big and exciting a la the expansion at Magic Kingdom.

Name:  new area.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  126.0 KB

•   
    • Minion

Re: ideas for new land or area in Disneyland?

I wish they could make a land or two behind the ROA making a connection to Critter Country kind of like what HKDL is doing with their three lands. There would need to be a lot of imaging though to make it happen because there is a lot of backstage items to move. I myself want TL to be fixed before any expansions.

• Nic

A Fantasyland Forest might be nice. Bambi's Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, a Robin Hood roller coaster/dark ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, etc. It'd be a nice thematic bridge to Frontierland, and maybe even with the right layout, a much needed path to Critter Country.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Roman Mythology, Steampunk/Discoveryland, Asian area and Polar/Artic land all come to mind.

• formerly very helpful

My ideas are a Star Wars Land, and a Marvel Superhero Land.

Now that I've published my ideas, does this mean that Disney won't do it? If so, mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Roman Mythology, Steampunk/Discoveryland, Asian area and Polar/Artic land all come to mind.
    +1 for mythology land. Although I prefer the stories of greek heroes gods and legends.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I myself want TL to be fixed before any expansions.
    This. Not "fixed" but just make it cool again. OK...fixed.

• curiouser and curiouser

These are the areas that are currently being discussed for future expansion, and if you look at them they're really quite large areas that could fit several different attractions, so I'm optimistic

Name:  dl.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  154.5 KB

If I had my way, the red circled area would obviously be used for a Frontierland expansion.

The blue area where the current Fantasyland theater sits could be used to build the Snow White coaster that is currently being built at WDW, but an indoor fantasyland forest sub-land could also be cool.

The purple area where the Autopia is located would be the site of a new Mysterious Island-land like the one at TDS with the Subs kept but re-themed.

The green area is obviously for the Main Street expansion. I fully support this idea and I really wish that it happens.

The yellow area could either be used for a Critter Country expansion, or an entirely new "haunted" land, I've talked about this idea before here:
    Building your own "Land"

• Minion

I'm not usually one to start asking for Toon Town to be demolished, but if you included Toon Town in with both the Fantasyland Theatre and Festival Arena that makes an even bigger area for an expansion.

Looking at the post above, expanding in the yellow and red areas would be great for crowd flow and get rid of the dead end in Critter Country. I think all of those place will be expanded on, but we're looking 20/30 years down the line for all of them to be complete IMO.

I've always thought Thunder Mountain is horribly placed. There's quite a bit of dead space to its left and above (Festival Arena). If there was unlimited money, I'd like to knock down the Fantasyland Theatre then build a theatre where the Festival Arena is now. That way both Fantasy and Frontier themed shows could take place there and they'd both make thematic sense. You could even have entrances on both sides, using only one depending on what show was on at that time. Having the Theatre where the Festival arena is would open up the current theatres land for expansion, possibly including Toon Town. However, I know this is unlikely to ever happen because knocking down a theatre to build one right next to it would cost a lot for a small change.

On top of that, I know this is an unpopular opinion, I think that the RoA is a huge waste of space for what it is. It's the biggest section of land in the entire park. Its huge. You could easily fit 2 new sizable lands in there and at least two E tickets and a few D's and E's.
    Last edited by ssaamm; 03-04-2013 at 04:33 AM.

• Mostly Harmless.

One word: Villain's Land. Crap, that was two words...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• -

Marvel Universe
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    These are the areas that are currently being discussed for future expansion, and if you look at them they're really quite large areas that could fit several different attractions, so I'm optimistic

Name:  dl.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  154.5 KB
    DLcub, where did you get this information from? When did it come out? Not questioning your statements, just would like to read more about them, Thanks!

I would love to see the yellow area be expanded and with a wrap around to Frontierland so as to get rid of the dead end. I just wonder if this is even possible: don't they need that backstage area? (again, why I'd love to read the original source or your info).

I know it's an old school favorite, but yeah if they took the land where Autopia is (also where the PeopleMover track is still present) they could make something very awesome.

Again, I would love to see them get rid of the Fantasy Princess Theatre and put something new and cool there, something that hasn't been done before.

I would love to see a major improvement in the Autopia/Innoventions area of Tomorrowland; I would actually like to see it get a Tron theme: completely renovate the Autopia cars to give them more of that futuristic feel. Use the Rocket Rods/People Mover Track as the base for an entirely new Tron themed rollercoaster (obviously seeing the problems with Rocket Rods, improvements would probably have to made to the track) that coasts all throughout the central area of Tomorrowland, moving through the new Autopia, Star Tours, as well as a rennovated Innoventions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    A Fantasyland Forest might be nice. Bambi's Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, a Robin Hood roller coaster/dark ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, etc. It'd be a nice thematic bridge to Frontierland, and maybe even with the right layout, a much needed path to Critter Country.
    I really like this idea. To me this is a huge chunk of disney that isnt really represented that much in the parks.

• Filmmaker

I'm of the mind that Disneyland doesn't really need any new lands; I think eight lands is plenty, but there's definitely room to expand some of these lands. If they were to introduce new lands I wouldn't want lands dedicated to any one property (be it Star Wars, Marvel, Oz, The Lone Ranger, TRON, etc.). The way I see it, the overarching theme of Disneyland is stated by the entry plaque. The western side of the park is "Yesterday," east is "Tomorrow," and north is "Fantasy." Any new lands should fit with that established patern (more or less).

As for personal suggestions, I think the first priority here should be the red section as an expansion for Frontierland. Western River Expedition gets thrown around a lot, and while I'd love to see something to that effect I feel like that idea is a relic as far as Disney is concerned. If The Lone Ranger ends up being good (fingers crossed) I wouldn't mind seeing an attraction based on that one along with a few other experiences. I also think it'd be sort of neat to see some kind of stage coach transportation going between the two areas of the land for some authentic western flavor.

Concerning the Blue section, I think live entertainment is important for a park, and I'd hate to see the Fantasyland Theater bulldozed in favor of more rides. I'd personally put that pad low on the expansion list and focus more on quality live entertainment for now. Here's hoping the new Mickey show will be great.

The green pad is one that I would love to see expansion in, but not for Main Street. I think Main Street works best in its current state: a funnel leading you into the rest of Disneyland. Adding elaborate side streets takes away from that effect. However, that space could be used for a show building for a new Tomorrowland attraction (replacing EO).

The purple pad, realistically, isn't going anywhere. Autopia still draws big crowds and is a huge hit for families. Disney's not just going to arbitrarily throw that away. That being said, if Disney were to shrink Autopia, retheme it to something Fantasyland appropriate (Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph is the first sort of crappy idea I had), and then use the remaining space for a Tomorrowland expansion I'd be more than happy.

Finally, we come to yellow. I don't think much of this really needs to be used at this point. I can't think of much that would really make sense for a Critter Country expansion (other than, you know, bringing back Country Bear Jamboree). So I'd say that's lowest priority on the expansion list.
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 03-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast