Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: When are we going to get Star Wars land?

Incredible that you asked that question, as I was just speaking to a friend of mine who works "at the park" just yesterday, about this very subject. She said, though it's not "official" right now, that they have started to relocate the employee parking over by CA, and have told the employees that in 2015 the Star Wars land will be opened there, and that they "may have" a tunnel going from Tomorrowland to SW land, or it may be a shuttle, like "Star Tours" that will transport you from Tomorrowland, thru "space" and then touchdown in SWland, which sounds like a great idea. I don't know how they would pull it off like that. The employees were told that it will be a "third land", with a separate admission required, just like WDW!
    She also told me that they were planning to relocate Star Tours to that land, and put the shuttle transportation area where Star Tours is located right now. Might be just another rumor, or just a bunch of BS, but that's what I was told.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, she's kind of mad because the "exec" that was reporting this news stated that the opening was going to be on a certain date in 2015, which just so happened to be the SAME day as the opening of the "Harry Potter" area in Universal Studios, Hollywood! Her family and her are BIG Harry Potter fans, and they are all really ticked off about it!

Anyway, just a rumor right now....

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I rather see Stars Wars and Marvel in a seperate park rather than a Star Wars Land, :)
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have it on good authority (from the guy with the "will work for food" sign on the corner of Harbor and Katella) that Denny's will be leveled in order to add Mustafar to the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    Incredible that you asked that question, as I was just speaking to a friend of mine who works "at the park" just yesterday, about this very subject. She said, though it's not "official" right now, that they have started to relocate the employee parking over by CA, and have told the employees that in 2015 the Star Wars land will be opened there, and that they "may have" a tunnel going from Tomorrowland to SW land, or it may be a shuttle, like "Star Tours" that will transport you from Tomorrowland, thru "space" and then touchdown in SWland, which sounds like a great idea. I don't know how they would pull it off like that. The employees were told that it will be a "third land", with a separate admission required, just like WDW!
    She also told me that they were planning to relocate Star Tours to that land, and put the shuttle transportation area where Star Tours is located right now. Might be just another rumor, or just a bunch of BS, but that's what I was told.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, she's kind of mad because the "exec" that was reporting this news stated that the opening was going to be on a certain date in 2015, which just so happened to be the SAME day as the opening of the "Harry Potter" area in Universal Studios, Hollywood! Her family and her are BIG Harry Potter fans, and they are all really ticked off about it!

Anyway, just a rumor right now....
    The ideas for the third gate involve a unique transportation from the Esplanade to the employee parking lot. Makes sense, you buy your tickets for whatever park/park hopper, and have your choice of DCA, Third Gate or Disneyland. Doubt that they would also have this transportation system also go to Tomorrowland, waste of space.

Anyway, that is supposedly the reason why the Esplanade has a lot of temporary structures, they are figuring about pulling the trigger on the third park, if they do they'll probably totally change the Esplanade to allow for one end of this transportation system.

• formerly very helpful

Speaking as a massive Star Wars fan; I even liked the prequels and Clone Wars; I hope never. As has been said already, there is more than enough Star Wars represented in Disneyland. I'd just like to see Tomorrowland done in the most spectacular, non-franchise-specific way possible. If they want to include attractions from specific movies or whatnot, that's fine. But there are a lot of good ideas out there that they don't need to simply base a land off of a pre-existing property.
    Even though I've little doubt they'd do it well.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Hopefully never, the Jedi training academy are both in TL and in my opinion that's plenty of representation in the park.
    ^ This. Very much this...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Senior Minion

^^^ What Sambo, Spence & sbk1234 said!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Make a Third park...make a Marvel Land and Make A Star Wars land...and then everyone happy....Disney gets to make money....fans get new land...and Disney fans that hate Marvel and Star wars dont ever have to go there

That's the best way for these series to be put into the parks but making a new one with those in mind when the park is built

• Heavy Breather

WDW needs it more than DL needs it. They just got Carsland, and I hope that Avatarland doesn't get off the drawing board. Just because it's the highest grossing movie of all time doesn't mean there needs to be a whole land devoted to it. Besides, there aren't any iconic scenes that they could make into attractions. The flying on the pterodactyl things maybe, but other than that there is no reason for Avatar to have an entire land devoted to it, Star Wars on the other hand is an entirely different story.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Just because it's the highest grossing movie of all time doesn't mean there needs to be a whole land devoted to it.
    In some alternate universe Disney announced "Titanic Land" in the year 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, but I have it on good authority (from the guy with the "will work for food" sign on the corner of Harbor and Katella) that Denny's will be leveled in order to add Mustafar to the park.

Next time you see this fellow please ask him when the Peoplemover will be back. Thanks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

The only way that Disney will expand the presence of Star Wars inside of the parks at this point is if the new sequels are a hit at the box office and it re-invigorates the franchise. But, on that note if they do add a Star Wars presence, I agree it should be designated to a 3rd gate and not located within Disneyland or DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    In some alternate universe Disney announced "Titanic Land" in the year 1998.
    Actually they built TitanicLand, renamed it DCA and it sank in 2001.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• formerly very helpful

Ouch!

• Not on the Jedi Council

I doubt Avatarland will ever happen.

All Time Box Office Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Adjusting for inflation, Avatar made less than 101 Dalmatians, believe it or not. I think the announcement was just timed to take some wind out of the Harry Potter in California announcement. Who even talks about Avatar anymore?

As for Star Wars land, I would agree it might be a third gate idea.

DHS or 3rd gate...simple as that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast