Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When are we going to get Star Wars land?

So when are we going to get Star Wars land? We have a Bug's land and Cars land, when are we going to get Star Wars land? I am hoping soon!

Re: When are we going to get Star Wars land?

idk but I hope its in a 3rd park so that it does Star Wars justice and that franchise doesn't interfere with DL too much. Heck, I'm surprised why Lucas never built a Star Wars theme park.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, the Disneyland resort does not need to have Star Wars Land. There are enough good lands at the moment. However, it would be great at WDW, as they desperatly need something new, and not a clone of another land, Cars Land.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Minion

Possibly never? The only park worldwide thats had any sort of rumor of getting a Star Wars land is Disneyland Paris and even thats a sub land of Tomorrowland. Not saying California will never get a Star Wars land, but where would it go? Wouldn't really fit anywhere in DCA and it could possibly go in a Tomorrland expansion, but I've heard more Avengers and Marvel rumors than Star Wars for that. I think if California does see a Star Wars land it would be in a third park.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Since they can't have Marvel in WDW due to Universal, I see Star Wars having a big presence in FL. Besides, they already do Star Wars Weekends. I think it would just make the most sense there.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Dead men tell no tales.

Hopefully never, the Jedi training academy are both in TL and in my opinion that's plenty of representation in the park.

• Banned User

Whatever they do, hopefully it will be themed around the original movie and/or its two sequels. I disliked the new ones so much that I got rid of the DVDs. There were certain elements of them that I liked, but in general I'm of the opinion that they should not have been made; they weren't neccessary.

• -

If Disneyland gets one, I would hope it would be an expansion to the park and not a makeover of Tomorrowland as "Star Wars Land".
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Who said we were ever getting one? I hope it doesn't happen, since there's no proper fit for it.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Hopefully never , but a separate park themed entirely to Star Wars might be kind of cool.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Hopefully never , but a separate park themed entirely to Star Wars might be kind of cool.
    I really think that is the only way to do it justice. There are so many worlds to explore that it would be hard to put it all into one land without making it feel like a bunch of rides clumped together.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If Disneyland gets one, I would hope it would be an expansion to the park and not a makeover of Tomorrowland as "Star Wars Land".
    There's nowhere for Tomorrowland to expand to.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    There's nowhere for Tomorrowland to expand to.
    Who said expand Tomorrowland? I was referring to a park expansion as an entirely different land. I specifically said I don't want to see a Tomorrowland makeover.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Personally, the Disneyland resort does not need to have Star Wars Land. There are enough good lands at the moment. However, it would be great at WDW, as they desperatly need something new, and not a clone of another land, Cars Land.
    I concur with this. Star Wars Land really wouldn't fit very well at either of the Anaheim Parks, and the ideal place for it is in the already Lucas themed corner of DHS. That's the right place for a dedicated Star Wars land, not Disneyland.

Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise, I always thought park expansion based on Star Wars attractions needs to go to WDW where they have the necessary room to do justice to the project. The Star Wars weekends are hugely popular and new attractions would have guests pouring into the resort hotels. And I'm a west coast guy. The only way it would in the Disneyland resort is if the never ending clamoring for a 3rd Gate finally comes to fruition.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast