Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    However, knowing that you have a certain return time window does necessitate some planning of your basic moves within a given park, but that's nothing the average guest shouldn't be able to figure out on their own. If I get a Fastpass for, say, California Screamin, I'm gonna stay in DCA until my window comes up, and not truck it over to Small World.
    Exactly.

    If you get a FP for Space Mountain and the return window is in 2 hours, maybe you shouldn't walk over to DCA and spend 90+ minutes in RSR and put your Space Mountain FP in jeopardy. It just means you have to put some strategy in your day.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.













  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    449

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    I am an attractions cast member at Disneyland. As many of you know the return time policy for fast pass are being strictly enforced and this has caused an uproar in the forums. Now i know exactly how things have been working out since the return time enforcement and i will put down my response later in a quick reply. but i would like to know what you have experienced as guest when you visited the park, and whether you thinks its working out or not.
    I am anxious to read Estoplover`s response since he knows exactly how things are going.

  3. #33

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Sorry for taking so long friends, i am busy with school and of course... work. Well us CMs at attractions have noticed that the both stand by lines and FP lines have been running more smoothly. Fewer guest using the FP line means more guest from standy queue are being merged in. Allowing FP to return past their expired time was not helping any of the lines. Those who knew of the flexibility in the past, would get their fastpasses early on in the day and would return after parades, or Fantasmic or fireworks show, and guess what there are hundreds of guest thinking the exact same thing. That was the trouble we would have after fantasmic or parades when guest would return with their expired passes from earlier in the day and add on top of that those guest who are returning during their time window, and now add on top of that (when applicable) guest returning with FP when the attraction was broken down, and now add on top of that all the "GAC" cards entering through the fastpass and you will have a big jam. The rule for most attractions is that you NEVER stop the fastpass line, and when we have a huge cluster of guest coming all at once, the standby queue will be waiting a very long time. Since the enforcement, we have noticed a more easy flowing line. When an attraction goes down, we take notes and allow any guest with a fastpass whose return time was during our down time to return at their convenience (their passes are valid all day). That is because, we do not know what the guest have planned after they recieved that fastpass so since we inconvenienced you by returning only too see your ride was broken down, we are allowing you to return when ever you are ready. Other then that, we have been told by our managers to NEVER allow expired return passes through. So the guest need to give them selves enough time to walk down to make it in time during their return window. Return times are posted outside the distribution area so all guest know when their return times are. If you are stuck somewhere on a different attraction or area, ask to speak to an area lead if you fear you will not make it during your window, They should be able to help you, especially at an attraction. My best advice is ask really nicely!!!! I am not kidding you, i have ad several situations where guest come up to me with a concern yelling and cursing at me for something that can be solved very very easily and most likely i wont. So when you come to a cast member with an honest concern and keep your cool, you will be a rare event for that CM and he/she will be more willing to help you out. I hope i answered alot of your questioins. If you still have more feel free to message me

  4. #34

    • New Member Goes Forth
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK (So far away from DCA...)
    Posts
    535

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Not sure, as I have not visited the parks, but I would say that they are, knowing Disney management
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

    Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

    Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

    Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

  5. #35

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,874

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Estoplover thank you for posting!! It's nice to hear about it from a CM point of view.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  6. #36

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    590

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    Sorry for taking so long friends, i am busy with school and of course... work. Well us CMs at attractions have noticed that the both stand by lines and FP lines have been running more smoothly. Fewer guest using the FP line means more guest from standy queue are being merged in. Allowing FP to return past their expired time was not helping any of the lines. Those who knew of the flexibility in the past, would get their fastpasses early on in the day and would return after parades, or Fantasmic or fireworks show, and guess what there are hundreds of guest thinking the exact same thing. That was the trouble we would have after fantasmic or parades when guest would return with their expired passes from earlier in the day and add on top of that those guest who are returning during their time window, and now add on top of that (when applicable) guest returning with FP when the attraction was broken down, and now add on top of that all the "GAC" cards entering through the fastpass and you will have a big jam. The rule for most attractions is that you NEVER stop the fastpass line, and when we have a huge cluster of guest coming all at once, the standby queue will be waiting a very long time. Since the enforcement, we have noticed a more easy flowing line. When an attraction goes down, we take notes and allow any guest with a fastpass whose return time was during our down time to return at their convenience (their passes are valid all day). That is because, we do not know what the guest have planned after they recieved that fastpass so since we inconvenienced you by returning only too see your ride was broken down, we are allowing you to return when ever you are ready. Other then that, we have been told by our managers to NEVER allow expired return passes through. So the guest need to give them selves enough time to walk down to make it in time during their return window. Return times are posted outside the distribution area so all guest know when their return times are. If you are stuck somewhere on a different attraction or area, ask to speak to an area lead if you fear you will not make it during your window, They should be able to help you, especially at an attraction. My best advice is ask really nicely!!!! I am not kidding you, i have ad several situations where guest come up to me with a concern yelling and cursing at me for something that can be solved very very easily and most likely i wont. So when you come to a cast member with an honest concern and keep your cool, you will be a rare event for that CM and he/she will be more willing to help you out. I hope i answered alot of your questioins. If you still have more feel free to message me
    Thank you so much for all this information! Glad to hear there is some leniency when an attraction goes down during your return window.

  7. #37

    • some assembly required
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    My best advice is ask really nicely!!!! I am not kidding you, i have ad several situations where guest come up to me with a concern yelling and cursing at me for something that can be solved very very easily and most likely i wont.
    When I was in [customer service] CS sector, it didn't matter if the person was calm or very upset. I wouldn't take it personallllly. In fact, I often got some satisfaction it getting an insanely angry customer, and turning their bad attitude into a good one. If someone in CS is good at their job and they are feeling put off by the negative customer, that agent (a CM in this case) can even get the customer to realize they were being douche-y without them ever realizing it.

    So lets see here... You get to save the day, you get to be the hero, the person goes from crappy to happy, and if you were really good, you make them realize how much of a big Richard they were being without them knowing it, and you get to earn a few bucks at the same time. Par chance, you could approach your job in this way?
    But...

    ...Witholding CS from a customer/guest is just bad form, not part of your job/The Disney Way, and should almost never happen (unless they are being so bad that you have to call security). I realize how it is and I have been there, but I know that whatever made that person angry to begin with had nothing to do with me, but the solution had everything to do with me. I know you are trying to make your job a bit easier by posting what you did, but honestly, it comes off as a bit of a p!ssing contest (like a dare) and one day that mentality is going to backfire on you. I hope someone has a towel for you when you lose that contest.
    ~Jay

    "Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)


  8. #38

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    ^ This.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    449

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Thank you , Estoplover ,for the insight. It`s nice to know that FP is working the way it was intended to , better .

  10. #40

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Thanks for proving the points of everyone pushing for FP enforcement, Estoplover. It's nice to get the information from someone who's actually involved.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.













  11. #41

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Orange County, CA; USA
    Posts
    313

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    Sorry for taking so long friends, i am busy with school and of course... work. Well us CMs at attractions have noticed that the both stand by lines and FP lines have been running more smoothly. Fewer guest using the FP line means more guest from standy queue are being merged in. Allowing FP to return past their expired time was not helping any of the lines. Those who knew of the flexibility in the past, would get their fastpasses early on in the day and would return after parades, or Fantasmic or fireworks show, and guess what there are hundreds of guest thinking the exact same thing. That was the trouble we would have after fantasmic or parades when guest would return with their expired passes from earlier in the day and add on top of that those guest who are returning during their time window, and now add on top of that (when applicable) guest returning with FP when the attraction was broken down, and now add on top of that all the "GAC" cards entering through the fastpass and you will have a big jam. The rule for most attractions is that you NEVER stop the fastpass line, and when we have a huge cluster of guest coming all at once, the standby queue will be waiting a very long time. Since the enforcement, we have noticed a more easy flowing line. When an attraction goes down, we take notes and allow any guest with a fastpass whose return time was during our down time to return at their convenience (their passes are valid all day). That is because, we do not know what the guest have planned after they recieved that fastpass so since we inconvenienced you by returning only too see your ride was broken down, we are allowing you to return when ever you are ready. Other then that, we have been told by our managers to NEVER allow expired return passes through. So the guest need to give them selves enough time to walk down to make it in time during their return window. Return times are posted outside the distribution area so all guest know when their return times are. If you are stuck somewhere on a different attraction or area, ask to speak to an area lead if you fear you will not make it during your window, They should be able to help you, especially at an attraction. My best advice is ask really nicely!!!! I am not kidding you, i have ad several situations where guest come up to me with a concern yelling and cursing at me for something that can be solved very very easily and most likely i wont. So when you come to a cast member with an honest concern and keep your cool, you will be a rare event for that CM and he/she will be more willing to help you out. I hope i answered alot of your questioins. If you still have more feel free to message me
    That's great to hear. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the information.

  12. #42

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Orange County, CA; USA
    Posts
    313

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    When I was in [customer service] CS sector, it didn't matter if the person was calm or very upset. I wouldn't take it personallllly. In fact, I often got some satisfaction it getting an insanely angry customer, and turning their bad attitude into a good one. If someone in CS is good at their job and they are feeling put off by the negative customer, that agent (a CM in this case) can even get the customer to realize they were being douche-y without them ever realizing it.

    So lets see here... You get to save the day, you get to be the hero, the person goes from crappy to happy, and if you were really good, you make them realize how much of a big Richard they were being without them knowing it, and you get to earn a few bucks at the same time. Par chance, you could approach your job in this way?
    But...
    I'll agree with this...

    ...Witholding CS from a customer/guest is just bad form, not part of your job/The Disney Way, and should almost never happen (unless they are being so bad that you have to call security). I realize how it is and I have been there, but I know that whatever made that person angry to begin with had nothing to do with me, but the solution had everything to do with me. I know you are trying to make your job a bit easier by posting what you did, but honestly, it comes off as a bit of a p!ssing contest (like a dare) and one day that mentality is going to backfire on you. I hope someone has a towel for you when you lose that contest.
    But this is where I have to draw the line. This particular CM may not exactly be in a position to bend the rules or to make exceptions, but they definitely have access to people who do. My wife and I are both in positions where we deal with the public, and we both get the occasional customer who makes it a personal point to pick a fight and treat their first line of contact in a terrible, inexcusably rude way because they think that's the fast track to getting what they want. The customer is not always right, and IMO that's a farce that's been perpetuated too long. If a customer can't be bothered to exercise decency and common courtesy, then IMO they aren't entitled to the favor. They may get one on the good graces of someone else, but at that point it's not up to them - they may or may not get it but their behavior certainly isn't deserving.

    That's why I'm nice to Cast Members - just a simple please and thank you can work wonders sometimes.

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    582

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    I like the convenience of FP's but does anyone think that Disney may take the next step and do a test of seeing how things go without FP's?

  14. #44

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    I like the convenience of FP's but does anyone think that Disney may take the next step and do a test of seeing how things go without FP's?
    Not when they are preparing to launch the next generation of fastpasses in Florida and soon after in California.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  15. #45

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

    Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    But this is where I have to draw the line. This particular CM may not exactly be in a position to bend the rules or to make exceptions, but they definitely have access to people who do. My wife and I are both in positions where we deal with the public, and we both get the occasional customer who makes it a personal point to pick a fight and treat their first line of contact in a terrible, inexcusably rude way because they think that's the fast track to getting what they want. The customer is not always right, and IMO that's a farce that's been perpetuated too long. If a customer can't be bothered to exercise decency and common courtesy, then IMO they aren't entitled to the favor. They may get one on the good graces of someone else, but at that point it's not up to them - they may or may not get it but their behavior certainly isn't deserving.

    That's why I'm nice to Cast Members - just a simple please and thank you can work wonders sometimes.
    Oh yes. I've worked CS for many years (since I was 18, that's all you need to know. ) and I strive to not be one of "those". I treat others as I would like to be treated and a positive attitude and smile go a lot farther than grumpy screaming.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] How Many Audio-Animatronics did Epcot start out with?
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:01 AM
  2. How does one find out whichride isclosed and when?
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. Want to hang out with us? Dec 9, 10, 11
    By jeffrey orl fla in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
  4. Hanging out with Walt Disney.
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
  5. How Does Everyone Come Up with Money for a Trip to DL?
    By mowsluver in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •