Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

I am an attractions cast member at Disneyland. As many of you know the return time policy for fast pass are being strictly enforced and this has caused an uproar in the forums. Now i know exactly how things have been working out since the return time enforcement and i will put down my response later in a quick reply. but i would like to know what you have experienced as guest when you visited the park, and whether you thinks its working out or not.

• Selfie Expert

Re: How is it working out with enforced FP return times?

My past two trips have been a Friday-Sunday and a Friday trip... normally busy days. My personal opinion is that FP enforcement seems to have helped, especially in the FP lines themselves. However, I didn't really use FP much until recently, so I may not be the most reliable judge on it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

At Splash Mountain it's been working GREAT! I didn't think it would have as big of an impact as it did, and I know management is happy with it too. I'm just bummed we waited 13 years to enforce this rule; just think how great Fastpass would have been if we'd done this all along.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The only times I have seen lines go down is at the very last hour.....since many people would use there FP then the lines seem to say 40 mins or and hour at Cars but then you wait 20 mins less then that...and I think it's because the FP line seem empty the hour before the park closes....but besides that lines are the same time as they have been since FP started

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Definitely cleaned up the jam for Space Mountain that would occur. Standby feels like a shorter wait now when my g/f and I go.

Same goes for Indy. Fastest 35 minute wait of my life this past Saturday.

Happy this is being enforced though...to me, FP is a privilege, not a right.

• i believe in faeries.

i like that they're enforcing return times... i never understood why they let it slide in the first place.

• Minion

My son just returned from a weekend At DLR, and his first comment was FP enforcement sure helped the wait times. There were no excessively long waits for returns, and he too felt standby was faster.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I haven't noticed much of a difference. Especially on racers. I guess I just think there was more value in flexible returns vs the occasional surge in FP lines.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• The doctor is in

I'm excited to go back in May and see how the FP enforcement has changed the wait times. I personally don't buy people saying they haven't changed anything or have made things worse. I think people are still just bitter that they can't come back whenever they want.

On some rides it might be difficult to fully gauge the effect of the FP enforcement, like RSR. There are those attractions that just have long wait times no matter what.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

To me its working a lot better the lines seem to moving in a more fair pace meaning that the cast members are not waiting to let only fastpass members go until the coast is clear.

Anyways glad that they say on the fast passes themselves now please return only during this time gap otherwise other accodomations wont be met....something like that

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I'm excited to go back in May and see how the FP enforcement has changed the wait times. I personally don't buy people saying they haven't changed anything or have made things worse. I think people are still just bitter that they can't come back whenever they want.

On some rides it might be difficult to fully gauge the effect of the FP enforcement, like RSR. There are those attractions that just have long wait times no matter what.
    Pretty much this! I'm rarely here these days but I saw the thread over the possible enforcement a few weeks ago with the usual hand wringing and doomsday scenarios if it happens and how there will be this HUGE uproar over it. And then it happens and guess what life goes on lol. Reminds me of the Dont Ask Dont Tell policy that was being changed in the military and how people assumed there will be a grand uproar over the changes with gays and lesbians could be open in the military, it happened, and yeah no big deal.

And I always think its funny how people seem to think DL is in some vacum when there are resorts worldwide that has been basically keeping to the return times since inception and had no problems. Yes, the people, LIKE me, who has been use to using them past their return time would have to adjust a little, but they WILL adjust! Its FP in a theme park, this stuff has a way of course correcting itself pretty fast. In a few months time, no one is going to even notice. I will miss the late return times, but it was never remotely an issue. If I just want to ride an atrraction later, I will simply wait until the FP comes to a later time! Simple.

Just glad to hear its working out and no one is having a heart attack over it.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    To me its working a lot better the lines seem to moving in a more fair pace meaning that the cast members are not waiting to let only fastpass members go until the coast is clear.
    That is exactly what was slowing down wait times. You would be moving along fine and smoothly until a massive line accumulated in the FP area and the CM's had to accommodate them first which essentially stopped the standby line altogether.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I haven't noticed much of a difference. Especially on racers. I guess I just think there was more value in flexible returns vs the occasional surge in FP lines.
    Well Racers FP sell out and its still a new ride so besides late at night when people used to use there FP's from earlier that day the times did not change much

• No Disassemble!

Star Tours seemed to have a shorter stand-by wait time throughout the day than what's typical for a Sunday. The fastpass line in the interior queue wasn't backed up at all.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• MaliBOOMer

I think you'll have to wait until it gets busy again to really tell. I know when I stood in the backed up FP line on Space Mountain it seemed to be mostly full of groups with passes from rides that went down. Not people returning late... The CM working there seemed to believe that as well.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast