• Sleepy...

Everything is not what seems! :O

Hello Micechat! This is an overdue TR of my trip to Disneyland . . . LIKE WAY OVERDUE. Haha. It was a once in a decade trip to California in mid-January 2013. Sorry it was so late but I just recovered from my California withdrawal. Lol. I'll mostly focus on my trip to Disneyland though. First, I'd like to say I'm a huge Disney Parks fan, although I've been to Disneyland before it wasn't as memorable as a more recent trip to Walt Disney World in Florida. So this was a pretty "dream come true" experience to come to Disneyland after following DCA's (and Disneyland's) growth. I've been following it thanks to Micechat and YouTube. Haha. Second, I only had a day (I know IT SUCKED) but my schedule was packed in this once in a decade California trip... So I definitely did not see everything I wanted. But nonetheless, it was everything I dreamt it would be, almost surreal, after following pictures and videos of Disneyland, finally being there is definitely something else.

I'd like to begin with parking. I MADE SURE we parked at Mickey and Friends to ride the trams. Lol. I mean what's disney without the trams? Entering the structure, I thought to myself... "WOW THIS THING IS HUGE!" Haha. Everything was smooth-sailing, parked at Mickey level and only walked a couple minutes. Seeing Mickey's Funwheel and California Screamin' in the background, I was like a little kid in a candy store. I was excited not because it was Disneyland but because "WOW I'M FINALLY HERE. Those Micechat pictures and YouTube videos are coming to life!" Lol. You get me?

Let's skip to the parks now. DCA was the first stop. We wanted to get RSR out of the way. Entering Buena Vista Street was an event for me. Haha. No one else in my party knew anything but here I am in the corner looking at the littlest details that I've already seen from pictures and videos. You will catch me pointing out the littlest things like "WOAH THE 717 ON THE RED CAR TROLLEY REPRESENTS DISNEYLAND'S OPENING DAY!" Lol... I'm such a nerd for somewhere I've never been to. Anyway, Cars Land was... BEAUTIFUL! Definitely one of the highlights of the day, just entering Radiator Springs was... amazing. (Watching the movie recently definitely had me reminiscing Cars Land). It was packed too. 2 hour wait for RSR but definitely worth it. Those youtube videos did NOT do any justice. Lol.

Let's skip to park hopping to Disneyland now. THIS was the moment where it hit me. Lol. I'm finally here. My initial thought when I entered staring down main street.... IT'S SMALL. Haha. Don't hate me. YouTube makes Disneyland slightly bigger than I imagined but nevermind that. It was still a dream come true moment. I found myself pointing out the littlest nerdy things again (which may I remind you, I only acquired through countless hours of Micechat and Youtube surfing). Haha. Anyways, I didn't expect everything to be so close to each other but I liked that hugging feeling of it. But seriously, going through the pathways were so surreal. It felt like I was here before but not physically, just through the internet. Lol. It was so weird and magical at the same time. Whether it was hearing the soundsational theme song, to walking by the rivers of america, to spinning on the tea cups. The night ended with Remember Dreams Come True. The first launch of the shooting star already had me, it was so weird seeing it THERE IN FRONT OF ME. All these years of following the parks grow through YouTube and Micechat has culminated into THIS MOMENT. Haha.

This TR will be to lengthy if I told you every single experienced but you get what I'm trying to say here. Everything is not what it seems. But in an amazingly, surreal, magical way. Watching from a distance is one thing, BEING THERE is something else. Thanks Disneyland. Another dream come true.

• Banned User

Re: Everything is not what seems! :O

Quote Originally Posted by strikeuptheband View Post
    Hello Micechat! This is an overdue TR of my trip to Disneyland . . . LIKE WAY OVERDUE. Haha. It was a once in a decade trip to California in mid-January 2013. Sorry it was so late but I just recovered from my California withdrawal. Lol. I'll mostly focus on my trip to Disneyland though. First, I'd like to say I'm a huge Disney Parks fan, although I've been to Disneyland before it wasn't as memorable as a more recent trip to Walt Disney World in Florida. So this was a pretty "dream come true" experience to come to Disneyland after following DCA's (and Disneyland's) growth. I've been following it thanks to Micechat and YouTube. Haha. Second, I only had a day (I know IT SUCKED) but my schedule was packed in this once in a decade California trip... So I definitely did not see everything I wanted. But nonetheless, it was everything I dreamt it would be, almost surreal, after following pictures and videos of Disneyland, finally being there is definitely something else.

I'd like to begin with parking. I MADE SURE we parked at Mickey and Friends to ride the trams. Lol. I mean what's disney without the trams? Entering the structure, I thought to myself... "WOW THIS THING IS HUGE!" Haha. Everything was smooth-sailing, parked at Mickey level and only walked a couple minutes. Seeing Mickey's Funwheel and California Screamin' in the background, I was like a little kid in a candy store. I was excited not because it was Disneyland but because "WOW I'M FINALLY HERE. Those Micechat pictures and YouTube videos are coming to life!" Lol. You get me?

Let's skip to the parks now. DCA was the first stop. We wanted to get RSR out of the way. Entering Buena Vista Street was an event for me. Haha. No one else in my party knew anything but here I am in the corner looking at the littlest details that I've already seen from pictures and videos. You will catch me pointing out the littlest things like "WOAH THE 717 ON THE RED CAR TROLLEY REPRESENTS DISNEYLAND'S OPENING DAY!" Lol... I'm such a nerd for somewhere I've never been to. Anyway, Cars Land was... BEAUTIFUL! Definitely one of the highlights of the day, just entering Radiator Springs was... amazing. (Watching the movie recently definitely had me reminiscing Cars Land). It was packed too. 2 hour wait for RSR but definitely worth it. Those youtube videos did NOT do any justice. Lol.

Let's skip to park hopping to Disneyland now. THIS was the moment where it hit me. Lol. I'm finally here. My initial thought when I entered staring down main street.... IT'S SMALL. Haha. Don't hate me. YouTube makes Disneyland slightly bigger than I imagined but nevermind that. It was still a dream come true moment. I found myself pointing out the littlest nerdy things again (which may I remind you, I only acquired through countless hours of Micechat and Youtube surfing). Haha. Anyways, I didn't expect everything to be so close to each other but I liked that hugging feeling of it. But seriously, going through the pathways were so surreal. It felt like I was here before but not physically, just through the internet. Lol. It was so weird and magical at the same time. Whether it was hearing the soundsational theme song, to walking by the rivers of america, to spinning on the tea cups. The night ended with Remember Dreams Come True. The first launch of the shooting star already had me, it was so weird seeing it THERE IN FRONT OF ME. All these years of following the parks grow through YouTube and Micechat has culminated into THIS MOMENT. Haha.

This TR will be to lengthy if I told you every single experienced but you get what I'm trying to say here. Everything is not what it seems. But in an amazingly, surreal, magical way. Watching from a distance is one thing, BEING THERE is something else. Thanks Disneyland. Another dream come true.
    Thanks for the awesome trip report. A lot of times posters forget that some people don't get out to Disneyland with great frequency. It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yeah, RSR is a great ride. I love Mater's and have had a blast on Luigi's (though sometimes you get a slow tire).

Did go on Mermaid? Monsters Inc.? Would love to hear first impressions.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 03-04-2013 at 02:28 PM.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Sounds like a fun trip!

Did you happen to see "Remember..." right in front of the castle? Definitely a surreal experience and truly amazing show...especially with how all the pyrotechnics and visuals are synced.

Disneyland is definitely a unique little gem that has stood the test of time. Glad your dream came true

Awesome! Im happy you had such a great experience and I hope you dont have to wait so long for your next one.