Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tower of Terror

Question Tower of Terror

Hi It's me again,
    I was wondering if you can go through the queue for the Tower of Terror with out actually going on the ride. I heard it is really interesting because of all the twilight zone memorabilia but my mom and I are not a fan of actual ride because we find it kinda jerks a little bit. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you
    JereJ23

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: Tower of Terror

I believe yes you can. Most of the rides have exits right before boarding for just that reason, people decided that maybe they don't want to ride. To make sure, just ask the CM at the ride entrance, I'm sure there is no problem with it.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• formerly very helpful

I've done it. After the library, just tell the attendent that you're not going on the ride. He'll tell you how to leave. No problem.

• i believe in faeries.

a lot of people queue up, and then lose their nerve, or decide the wait is too long, or have to pee, etc...so cm's will be used to showing people the exit. the TOT does have a really cool queue; super spooky and creative. and it's really easy to exit before you get into the library (elevator) to go upstairs. if you decide to do the library bit, upstairs is basically a spooky boiler room with low lighting. it's neat too, but probably a little harder to exit (as you'll have to go down a flight or two of stairs).

• The doctor is in

I had been wondering the same thing. My partner in crime in May have said they want to ride TOT but I don't want to. I don't really feel like sitting around by myself the whole time they're in line, though.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

You guys should really go on the ride though! Because it is not just a drop ride! The Twilight Zone theme and story continues once in the elevator! You will miss the ghosts and more!

• Rock Star Minion

I believe the term is called "The Chicken Exit."
    Nearly every attraction has one.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• socal native

Yes, you can. I have ridden once. But I have done the queue a number of times, and it is really cool to look at all the little details. Once a CM even gave us a private tour one night when it was a little late and not busy. She pointed out all sorts of hidden gems. Once in the boiler room, just ask a CM to let you out. It's as easy as that.

• always, the freaky cat

Both of my sons are too afraid to ride Tower of Terror; both have enjoyed the queue. I always tell them, "until you actually climb into the ride vehicle, you can opt out." However, the first time my youngest son waited through the line, an "in-character" cast member looked at him and said, "Oh, noooo, there's no turning back now." But of course, he was joking, and when we boarded our elevator, the cast member very politely showed my son where he could wait for us.

• Parking Lot > DCA

This probably shouldn't be labeled as a "rumor" but yes, you can leave the attraction prior to boarding. Just ask a CM and they'll show you out.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They don't force you to ride. Of course you have to walk back out the way you came past all the people, wearing a CHICKEN hat. But it sounds more embarassing than it is.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JereJ23 View Post
    Hi It's me again,
    I was wondering if you can go through the queue for the Tower of Terror with out actually going on the ride. I heard it is really interesting because of all the twilight zone memorabilia but my mom and I are not a fan of actual ride because we find it kinda jerks a little bit. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you
    JereJ23
    i do it all the time,. i stand in line with my friends, but go out the exit when we get up to load the ride.. they never say no, how can they? yeah so you'll be okay, i am sure other people have done it..

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    They don't force you to ride. Of course you have to walk back out the way you came past all the people, wearing a CHICKEN hat. But it sounds more embarassing than it is.
    The sounds of the others are the most embarrassing.
    Beh-GAWK!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

no really. u can go out exit..LOL

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    However, the first time my youngest son waited through the line, an "in-character" cast member looked at him and said, "Oh, noooo, there's no turning back now." But of course, he was joking, and when we boarded our elevator, the cast member very politely showed my son where he could wait for us.
    LOL That must have freaked him out!

LOL I'd be to "chicken" to use the Chicken Out Exit. If that makes sense. I say suck it up and go. Its a great ride.

First time I rode it, I was by myself and it left me shaking, ever after leaving the building but it is a great right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast