Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Easter at the Disneyland Resort....any special things going on?

looked around on the web cant find alot. any one know what special things happen? if any
    thanks

• Minion

Re: Easter at the Disneyland Resort....any special things going on?

Usually there isn't anything at all. However, with the Limited Time Magic thing and how they seem to be struggling to come with enough ideas, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some small scale event(s) take place this year. Don't expect anything huge though, will probably be something along the lines of a meet and greet or small Easter egg hunt and a couple of decorations (thats if anything happens at all)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Its odd that dl has had a few decorations in town square for valentines day but nothing for easter

• New Member Goes Forth

Doesn't look like they will
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• I am number 4 of 999

What type of special things would you be looking for? I've never heard of an egg hunt in the parks, although I think something egg hunt related might have happened at Downtown Disney last year. They have a buffet at the Disneyland Hotel, which I'm sure has minor Easter themed decorations. There's a Vinylmation?! That's kind of special. lol
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

I'm actually surprised that Disneyland doesn't do anything to celebrate Easter since they like to capitalize on every other holiday. My guess is it's because there hasn't been a politically correct neutral word invented to call Easter yet. They already call Christmas time the "holidays at the Disneyland resort". I guess maybe they could call it, "spring time holidays at the Disneyland resort". I wish we could go back to actually naming the official holidays that we are celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Its odd that dl has had a few decorations in town square for valentines day but nothing for easter
    I guess we could call the ducks that hang out in Town Square "Easter ducks", LOL! While there aren't any "exterior" decorations right now, if you look around in the Main Street shop windows, many of them have Easter themed items in them. They've been doing that for two or three years, maybe more. I hope that they will do something like an old fashioned Easter parade for Limited Time Magic.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    . I wish we could go back to actually naming the official holidays that we are celebrating.
    Spring Equinox *nods*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Usually they at least have some spring/Easter decor throughout the windows on Main Street, and some very lovely decor for the Spring Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch. My trip was a bit too early this year (late Feb.) so they didn't have any decorations yet...does anyone know if they've put them up?

Spring Equinox *nods*
    I'm totally fine with that! I'm not a religious person, I'm just tired of always hearing about generic holidays. I would rather Disneyland say Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza or whatever holiday they are describing. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as a Holiday tree, it is a christmas tree. I think that all of the holidays are main stream enough that you can celebrate a secular Christmas, enjoy Santa and giving gifts without involving religion. Easter can also be enjoyed without religion, let kids decorate eggs and eat chocolate and see the Easter bunny. Holidays can be celebrated by everyone, even if you aren't religious. Therefore we shouldn't fear saying the actual name of the holiday we are celebrating.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well, they could easily mark a Passover observance as well, since the Lord's Supper was a Passover meal. The Lord went to Jerusalem for Passover observance, and the trial and crucifixion happened a few days later. The Lord was tried on a Thursday night, sentenced on Friday and the resurrection happened on Sunday. There's nothing pagan or controversial about that. The eggs are a symbol of resurrection, of that which looks dead being alive. If the park has no problem with Chinese astrology, or with Mardi Gras (which is the preparation for Lent and part of the Easter season), then IMO Easter should be okay as well.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

• Former ODV/SE CM

I remember when I was a kid there used to be a free (at least I think it was free) Easter Egg Hunt at Disneyland. I got a cool button with Thumper on it. I still have it back in the house I grew up in.

Edit: Found this Vintage Disneyland Tickets: Thumper's Easter Egg Hunt at Disneyland - 1985

And the button Pin Pics: Pin Groups
    Last edited by churros9; 03-15-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Not on the Jedi Council

And they can't call it an Easter egg hunt anymore? Now THAT is offensive.

And they can't call it an Easter egg hunt anymore? Now THAT is offensive.
    Agreed. This is getting ridiculous, Disney shouldn't be afraid of the word Easter. I'm not religious and I love the holiday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast