• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Pre Parade For Easter

A source from the Entertainment Department told me that there will be a Pre Parade for Easter and it will ise music from the Flights Of Fantasy Parade.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

Re: Pre Parade For Easter

Hmm, Soundsationals music is basically the same as Flights of Fantasy. So wouldn't the music just be from Soundsational? But anyway I hope its true. It will be nice to see Disneyland do something for Easter.

• Minion

ORDDU: There has long been a pre-parade for Easter at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. Usually it's a float with most of the Disney rabbits on it, along with all those fancy trail mix maids strolling down the street.

ORWEN: Of course it would be so much nicer if they brought back a full fledged Easter Parade like they used to do. Budget cuts are as smelly as rotten Easter eggs.

ORDDU: I don't recall if Disneyland ever used to have an Easter Parade on a regular basis.

• -

What is pre-parade, a parade before a parade? Why not just call it a parade?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What is pre-parade, a parade before a parade? Why not just call it a parade?
    Haha, yes is a parade before a parade. It will get called a pre-parade because it might not even have any floats. If Disney started advertising it as a parade in itself, people would be disappointed when they see it and it lasts about 2 minutes.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I really hope we get to see Brer Rabbit and Roger...there characters have been gone from the parks for too long

•   

I hope they use the music from tokyo Disneyland easter parade i love that music.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Haha, yes is a parade before a parade. It will get called a pre-parade because it might not even have any floats. If Disney started advertising it as a parade in itself, people would be disappointed when they see it and it lasts about 2 minutes.
    Same concept as a pre-show, I guess. It isn't really meant to be a headliner, just a nice addition to what should be the big draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I don't recall if Disneyland ever used to have an Easter Parade on a regular basis.
    Disneyland has not had an Easter Parade on a regular ongoing basis in the last 30+ years that I've been here that I can remember. I have some Super 8 movie film that I shot sometime in the 1980's of an Easter Parade that consisted of characters riding in four or five floats that looked like hot air balloons that were festooned with flowers and ribbons. I think those hot air balloon floats were leftovers from America on Parade that had been redressed. Way back in the 1950's and maybe some in the 1960's, I think they used to have Easter Parades consisting of folks from car clubs in their vintage autos and dressed in old time Easter Sunday clothes. I would love to see them bring something like this back for a Limited Time Magic thing. Glad to hear that they may be doing something for Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    A source from the Entertainment Department told me that there will be a Pre Parade for Easter and it will ise music from the Flights Of Fantasy Parade.
    This doesn't make sense since Flights of Fantasy music is literally identical to Soundsational

There was a Disneyland summer parade around 1983 or so when the "New Fantasyland" opened, that was, if I remember, called Flights of Fantasy. Maybe it is the music from that old parade they will be using.

http://micechat.com/forums/yesterlan...sept-83-a.html

Mouse Troop: Rare Characters From 1983's Flights of Fantasy

• Doombuggy Rider

I think the ONLY way you're going to get a "deluxe holiday experience" @ Disneyland now for any holiday is if you pay for it (upcharging Park Guests seems to be thee norm & I think this sucks!) ....

"cheap cheap cheap" used to be the sounds coming from Shorty & Cheap Chicken from National Lumber (now its the sound of Team Disney Anaheim) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor