Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    A dump? Really? Really?
    IMO, yes! There was nothing there except a bathroom and old seating. I would see more cats than people there on the few times I went. Not exactly theme park quality lol.

Ok, let me put it another way: What exactly was there that you think is better than whats there now? It was a bunch of plastic tables and an outdated stage. I dont remotely get what people will miss in this little area??
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 03-08-2013 at 06:43 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Corporate greed existed in the 1950's too, the money men were an obstacle in Walt's way. When founders pass away, sell their company, new owners treat things differently, but nonetheless, Disney is trying to right the ship and do things the "Disney way", at least some of the time.

The disgruntled won't stop posting because it is one of their primary hobbies, trashing new stuff Disney does and reminding people how great things were back in the day.
    Thanks for the warning. I'm glad I'm not the only one that find his postings ridiculous.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sock Puppet

I would suggest just ignoring his comments as he seems to want a reaction. If you're a true blue fan of Disney, you don't want to hear just constant meaningless dribble trashing the parks . . . when it makes *no sense* then it is time to realize that the motivation is to attack, not to be objective, or even truthful with your own appraisal, but just to use every bit of news as a way to attack Disney, and fans of Disney on this site.
    Why do you get to judge who is or is not a "true blue fan of Disney"?
    To be honest, it only seems to be one side here that is attacking the other and is essentially telling the other side to shut up.
    ...and as far as "trashing the parks" goes, how is someone calling Carnation Plaza Gardens a "dump" not trashing Disneyland? To me that is just as much if not more "trashing the park" than people expressing their sadness and frustration over the new PFF location.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok ladies and gentlemen.... you have had one mod warning in this thread. This is the second and FINAL one.

There has been some wonderful back and forth in this thread and some great conversations and ideas from both sides of the issue. Spirited debate can be an eye opening and enlightening experience, but not when we begin to border on personal attacks and asides, and when the discussion becomes more about "who" rather than the "what."

Remember, attack the post/subject and NOT the poster. Several of the last few posts are starting to push that envelope. If it continues this thread WILL be moved to the litterbox, but not locked unless it gets to the point where there is no other way to keep the conversation on the side of civility.

We do not ever want to censor or limit any members right to share their personal opinions... thats the life blood of any discussion board. However the owners of this site have also laid down specific rules of conduct from our members, and when the tone steers away from being a friendly exchange of ideas, then as much as we don't like it, we have no choice but to move or lock the threads.

Proceed, but proceed with care....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

If TDA/Burbank is reading this thread, they must get a lot of laughs out of it. APers complaining about PFF (a great offering for families with little kids and finally the princess meet and greet that girls deserve) is being trashed by a relatively small number of ostensibly diehard fans of the old CPG which was probably the deadest area of the park . . . and was prime real estate near the castle. This just shows them that some "fans" can complain about anything and everything just to cause a big stink . . . even when a change is a quality attraction that pleases more guests.
    Honestly, Disney knows what its doing. It doesnt ALWAYS gets it right (especially when they try to cut corners), but it knows its fanbase! And I think they also know in cynical internetland, we certainly don't represent the vast majority of their audience. We are simply the most vocal, especially when it comes to something we dont like.

But yes, even I scratch my head when people get upset over them doing something that is CLEARLY popular with their base. PFF/CPG is the nuttiest discussion I've had here in a long time lol. It seems like a no-brainer and honestly it is from a finacial and aesthetic view.

But yeah even when people hated the parties in Hollywoodland in DCA, which again is fine, but its a clear case of people who sees how things should be done in the parks in a precise way vs the vast majority of people who really loves them. I'm not trying to bring up another topic, but my point is before these parties came, this section of DCA was completely dead come sun down. Most past this area up on their way to TOT basically. Muppets and MI had no waits all night long. You could throw a brick in the area and hit no one. It was just sad.

So Disney came up with a pretty unique idea to add a night time party in a very dormant area to give people waiting for WOC something to do and it just took off! Not only were they popular and gave a segment of Disney guest who loves this kind of entertainment, they managed to make one of the deadest areas in the park one of the livliest in the entire park!

And now they have taken a life on their own but yet people still hated it because it wasnt 'Disney' enough or they hatd the sightlines (which I can definitely understand the latter). My point is I never understand why do people become so possessive over what they think this company should do they would take away things that works for the majority? Not everyone likes these things, but clearly a lot do and now Disney is spending a lot of money making them better and better.

In other words they are simply giving its customers what it wants! Thats WHAT a good company does. Thats how you survive. PFF is no different! You have the option to avoid it, but dont take something others love because it doesnt fit your definition of 'Disney' or what wouldnt have been done 50 years ago. Its not 50 years ago anymore, things change. What is considered 'Disney' is for the company to decide and MORE importantly its for the marketplace to decide, hence why these things exist.

• Banned User

...and as far as "trashing the parks" goes, how is someone calling Carnation Plaza Gardens a "dump" not trashing Disneyland? To me that is just as much if not more "trashing the park" than people expressing their sadness and frustration over the new PFF location.
    Well IMO, it is a dump lol. I didnt say DISNEYLAND was a dump, just this little area. I dont know why you got so offensive over this? People use to call DCA all kinds of names (and much worse names, lets not kid ourselves) and that was the ENTIRE theme park lol. DL is not perfect. It still has its dead and outdated areas. This was one of them, hence why it was changed. But if you liked it thats fine. It was just nothing there worthy to keep around as it was just an outdated seating and entertainment area which hasnt had real entertainment there since the 80s. It was past due a long time ago. Long time ago!

And yes Penguinsoda, I HEAR you! I just wanted to clarify!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    IMO, yes! There was nothing there except a bathroom and old seating. I would see more cats than people there on the few times I went. Not exactly theme park quality lol.
    Ok, let me put it another way: What exactly was there that you think is better than whats there now? It was a bunch of plastic tables and an outdated stage. I dont remotely get what people will miss in this little area??
    This ^

How can someone not like this New area and still prefer the old?

Seriously, this place is freaking beautiful in person.

I filmed this yesterday showing me panning from the Sleeping Beauty Castle to the New Fantasy Faire Village during the first 50 second. This new area bland in perfectly.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

I didn't call CPG a "dump", the idea of a CPG is a fine, even good, idea. Certainly if there was a CPG at my local mall (with small stream, trees), I would enjoying walking by it and spending a few minutes there. Maybe the poster who had said this referred to the upkeep.

I have to admit that even years ago CPG didn't look like it was kept up very well. Check out a satellite map of Disneyland, you can see that the old CPG roof was faded. CPG would be OK by mall standards, but it sure wasn't up to the standards of a theme park. They didn't even serve food/drinks anymore.

Anyway, DLR doesn't have the blessing of space like WDW, and real estate around the castle is prime and should be used efficiently . . . you have to admit that CPG used a lot of acreage with little use by the public.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 03-08-2013 at 07:46 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    This ^

I filmed this yesterday showing me panning from the Sleeping Beauty Castle to the New Fantasy Faire Village during the first 50 second. This new area bland in perfectly.

Thanks for the nice video. I really like the details in this new village like the Figaro AA. PFF brings a breath of life to this once mostly deserted area in the park imo.

•   
    • Minion

thanks for the video SoCalbma!! It looks great. I am just not fond of the tent portion but the rest looks awesome.

• Banned User

Why do you get to judge who is or is not a "true blue fan of Disney"?
    To be honest, it only seems to be one side here that is attacking the other and is essentially telling the other side to shut up.
    As the moderator said, we shouldn't be attacking each other, but perhaps debating the facts.

I realize we all have complex relationships/thoughts/feelings regarding the Mouse . . . but I think that when I said "true blue fans" I meant people who may hate some changes, loves others, but will give Disney/WDI a fair shake when evaluating new projects. Not jump the gun, and not have a persistent negative appraisal of the parks.

• Banned User

I didn't call CPG a "dump", the idea of a CPG is a fine, even good, idea. Certainly if there was a CPG at my local mall (with small stream, trees), I would enjoying walking by it and spending a few minutes there. Maybe the poster who had said this referred to the upkeep.

I have to admit that even years ago CPG didn't look like it was kept up very well. Check out a satellite map of Disneyland, you can see that the old CPG roof was faded. CPG would be OK by mall standards, but it sure wasn't up to the standards of a theme park. They didn't even serve food/drinks anymore.

Anyway, DLR doesn't have the blessing of space like WDW, and real estate around the castle is prime and should be used efficiently . . . you have to admit that CPD used a lot of acreage with little use by the public.
    Exactly! This was my entire point. It was looking bad, VERY bad! Its Disneys fault for not doing upkeep with it, but I guess with so few people even bothering to sit in the place, besides the odd sweeping and cleaning the tables the place look old and faded. I mean who would want to hang out there for more than a few minutes to rest? How many people went there to 'people watch'? There are just so many nicer, more themed areas to sit and relax in at DL. This wasnt one of them by any stretch of the means.

I just had NO idea calling it a dump would upset someone lol. Funny, but apologies, it wasnt meant to, it was just how I felt about the place. I said waaaay worse about places like Paradise Pier, Sunshine Plaza and Route 66 in DCA 1.0. Of course most agreed with me at the time so I guess that was ok lol.

Oh and thank you SO much Socalbma!!! I really missed your videos! That was good work. One thing I'm confused on though or maybe I just read it wrong, but I heard somewhere they were going to sell dole whips in this area (my first one was just in June lol..no joke). Are they not selling them?
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 03-08-2013 at 08:02 PM.

• Minion

Great video, SoCal!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    This ^

Thanks for posting this.

The old CPG was not much less crowded than the PFF is. At least when there was a school performance it was about the same. And when they had the swing dancers the place was probably even more packed than it was in this video. Sure there was a crowd around the food cart, and I would imagine it would fill up as shows let out but other than this the crowd levels IMO were about the same. I would think that those people here who are saying that the CPG never had anybody in it never really went there, so of course they are going to say that. But truth be told the crowd levels are about the same.

And this is only after the place just opened. I would say it will remain popular until the end of the year but when all the APers have grown bored with it, it will be oce again a "ghost town" only filling up around the food cart and the stage show to see the shows.

And I ask you, how can someone like this area? I'm just as much at a loss for an answer as some of you are to those of us who aren't entirely impressed by this.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

The old CPG was not much less crowded than the PFF is. At least when there was a school performance it was about the same. And when they had the swing dancers the place was probably even more packed than it was in this video. Sure there was a crowd around the food cart, and I would imagine it would fill up as shows let out but other than this the crowd levels IMO were about the same. I would think that those people here who are saying that the CPG never had anybody in it never really went there, so of course they are going to say that. But truth be told the crowd levels are about the same.

And this is only after the place just opened. I would say it will remain popular until the end of the year but when all the APers have grown bored with it, it will be oce again a "ghost town" only filling up around the food cart and the stage show to see the shows.

And I ask you, how can someone like this area? I'm just as much at a loss for an answer as some of you are to those of us who aren't entirely impressed by this.
    This is just a preview and just a limited number of people are allowed. It doesnt open to the masses until next week. Believe me, its going to be WAY more busy the first few weeks once it opens to the public.

And I dont know how you can say it will be a ghost town when EVERYTIME I gone to the IASW mall, there are always lines for the princesses and remember the old PFF had huge waits as well. Thats why this place was designed to give them a permanent meet and greet area since they prove really popular. I forsee lines for this for a long long time. But I'm guessing at night it will be quieter. Thats when I will probably see it.

And its not meant for everyone, mainly whoever who is interested in meeting the princesses! Its certainly not for me, but yeah its a thousand times better than what was there.

And I gone to CPG about 5 times in the day. UNLESS there was some organized group there (like I went to when I FIRST stepped in it in 2005) I never seen more than a dozen people or so in the place.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast