Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

The old CPG was not much less crowded than the PFF is. At least when there was a school performance it was about the same. And when they had the swing dancers the place was probably even more packed than it was in this video. Sure there was a crowd around the food cart, and I would imagine it would fill up as shows let out but other than this the crowd levels IMO were about the same. I would think that those people here who are saying that the CPG never had anybody in it never really went there, so of course they are going to say that. But truth be told the crowd levels are about the same.

And this is only after the place just opened. I would say it will remain popular until the end of the year but when all the APers have grown bored with it, it will be oce again a "ghost town" only filling up around the food cart and the stage show to see the shows.

And I ask you, how can someone like this area? I'm just as much at a loss for an answer as some of you are to those of us who aren't entirely impressed by this.
    Ummmm.....Pixie hollow still gets lines 3 years since it has open....and even if it becomes somewhat of a ghost town.....then wont that make the non happy people happy anyway since they want area's where no one is

Either way someone wins

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    From some research, I found that "Walt Disney wanted Disneyland to change and evolve"

well, there you have it.
    "As long as there is imagination left in the world". That's the rest of it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I would give my left lung the day EVERYBODY would stop using the freakin Walt Disney quotes lol. And Disney has ended many popular activities in the park over the years for much bigger audiences. They have a place at DTD now and maybe in time they will find them another place either at DTD or maybe DCA.
    Um...

The place is called DISNEYland, is it not? Perhaps renaming it to something more generic like Magic Kingdomland or Funland would force everyone to stop using its founder as a reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Ummmm.....Pixie hollow still gets lines 3 years since it has open....and even if it becomes somewhat of a ghost town.....then wont that make the non happy people happy anyway since they want area's where no one is

Either way someone wins
    i never mentioned people not being happy. I did say people will get bored with it but that only means that the interest will die down after some time -- this happens with every new offering in the parks. Even Carsland's interest will decline over time (it will remain popular but not with the insane crowd levels it currently has). It is just a fact.

• Banned User

Um...

The place is called DISNEYland, is it not? Perhaps renaming it to something more generic like Magic Kingdomland or Funland would force everyone to stop using its founder as a reference point.
    Reference points are fine. But using the same quotes to make an argument everytime people don't like what a Fortune 500 company does is like quoting George Washington everytime there is a discussion on today's deficit. Times change and DL is not own by one guy anymore. Its part of an international corporation with more shareholders and executives than the people who queue up for SM in an hour. In other words, just like on these boards, there are various voices and ideas of what works and they try to make what works trying to please both their guest and their stakeholders. Things were a simpler time then when Disney owned it alone without anyone threatening to fire him if he screwed it up and to be fair...less lawyers lol.

And I meant it when the company quotes the guy too. As was stated they only use it to push their own agendas which kind of proves you can take anything and twist it to your own POV. But I wasnt trying to offend.

• Insert Hilarious Title

i never mentioned people not being happy. I did say people will get bored with it but that only means that the interest will die down after some time -- this happens with every new offering in the parks. Even Carsland's interest will decline over time (it will remain popular but not with the insane crowd levels it currently has). It is just a fact.
    Isn't that, in fact, what happened to the Plaza Gardens? Interest declined and people got bored with it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Isn't that, in fact, what happened to the Plaza Gardens? Interest declined and people got bored with it.
    Sure did. Happens all the time. But I don't see that the area is any more popular that CPG was from the video that was posted. Maybe it will spike when it's open to the general public but it won't remain crazy busy for that long.

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    DisneyCo. Loves to play the Walt card when it suits there interests. DisneyCo. Could honestly care less about Walt unless it serves there interests.

Walt said this as well "

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."

"Disneyland is a show."

DisneyCo. Seems to have conveniently forgotten those important quotes.
    Removing the Friday and Saturday night big band and Dancing only to
    Replace it with yet another meet and greet specifically
    Designed for Girls, is a travesty.

Sorry, no amount of PR spin or social network planting is going to change this fact.
    While I agree that Walt Disney quotes shouldn't be the end all be all for ANY side of an argument, I'm really uncomfortable with your implication that it's just "social network planting" that supports the Fantasy Faire. It strikes me as a completely unfair attempt to discredit anyone who disagrees with you rather than actually address the content at hand. Also why can't boys look up and appreciate princesses too? :/

Now do I like it? I don't know, I haven't seen it myself. I think the tent looks tacky, but the rest looks nice from the pictures. I'm not normally a person who would go to the shows being advertised, but for what they are, they seem like a nice addition (I particularly like the live piano). I like seeing Clopin being acknowledged, although I think his presence makes the theming a bit weird. Oh, and I'm curious to see the Rapunzel hair glowing, but it also sounds...a bit tacky? Although I'd have to see implementation first, I guess.

• Banned User

Sure did. Happens all the time. But I don't see that the area is any more popular that CPG was from the video that was posted. Maybe it will spike when it's open to the general public but it won't remain crazy busy for that long.
    Again, as I said before its a PREVIEW, invites only! Its not a walk up situation, so its apples and oranges. They obviously kept the number low on purpose, no different than what they did when they first previewed CL/BVS. Remember how low in numbers those were too? They want it to be manageable and guessing its for CM training as well. Just like it wasnt 30 mins wait for RSR like it was during the previews after they opened it to the public, I highly doubt it will only be 15 mins wait to see the princesses at PFF if its normally 30-45 mins on the IASW mall now.

And also remember the previews were on a weekday in a pretty slow week for the park as well.

• Minion

Do you honestly believe PFF will be dead, absolutely no on there visiting, just like CPG?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Do you honestly believe PFF will be dead, absolutely no on there visiting, just like CPG?
    Where did I say it's going to be dead?

I said it won't be crazy busy - that doesn't mean dead.

I also said it will be a "ghost town" - notice the quotes there. I put those there on purpose as I was referencing specifically what others have been saying that about the CPG. From the video I saw CPG was no more of a "ghost town" than PFF is.

So please tell me where I said it's going to be dead. No - the place will be quite busy. Just as busy as the CPG really was at times if not more. Filled with little girls and their families, and those Disney fans who will blindly flock to anything with a Disney icon slapped on it like moths to a flame.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Removing the Friday and Saturday night big band and Dancing only to
    Replace it with yet another meet and greet specifically
    Designed for Girls, is a travesty.

Sorry, no amount of PR spin or social network planting is going to change this fact.
    Little girls deserve to have their fun in the park as well. Some folks may have forgotten that Tinker Bell became a meet and greet character shortly after Disneyland opened because guests kept asking to see her because she was featured on the Disneyland show. So, Walt was quite fine with giving the public what they wanted, and walk-around characters for little girls were introduced to the park early on.

Fantasyland Theatre is a big jumbled mess of massive metal pylons and was an awkward place to put the Princess meet and greet, so I'm glad that little girls, and their families, finally have a permanent, theme appropriate, place to meet the princesses, which they will want to do for the foreseeable future. The travesty is that they haven't had a nice place up to this point, no?, considering how much money they spend in the parks which keeps the place running.

Wasn't it just national women's day or something like that? I have to think that most of the posters opposed to PFF aren't women, aren't parents of little girls. It's not like there aren't things for the boys in the park such as the Shootin' Gallery, and all of the E-Tickets which men and women and kids can enjoy. Maybe the critics should protest PFF by lining up outside of the area and tell little girls that "princesses aren't welcomed in this area of the park."

I'm a guy, but I can see very easily that some folks just hate things for little girls. Well, if you're a parent of little girl who is *very excited* to see this, then you have fun too as the fun is watch your kids have fun in the park.

Yeah, that's the way it works, for those of you who don't have little kids.

• Banned User

I also said it will be a "ghost town" - notice the quotes there. I put those there on purpose as I was referencing specifically what others have been saying that about the CPG. From the video I saw CPG was no more of a "ghost town" than PFF is.

So please tell me where I said it's going to be dead. No - the place will be quite busy. Just as busy as the CPG really was at times if not more. Filled with little girls and their families, and those Disney fans who will blindly flock to anything with a Disney icon slapped on it like moths to a flame.
    PFF is only letting in a limited number of folks, I wouldn't be going out on a limb when I say that this area will be perpetually packed with families.

I wouldn't attack fans of the princesses, and their parents.

Are you saying that APers/fans/critics in general do *not* flock to anything anything with a Disney icon slapped on it like moths to a flame? Of course your wrong with regards to the Disney princesses as the fans watch the videos and read the books, and of course your wrong with regards to DCA 1.0 . . . the Disney name didn't seem to help there. Don't insult somebody else's taste, especially when it involves liking something that Disney does.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Oh, and I'm curious to see the Rapunzel hair glowing, but it also sounds...a bit tacky? Although I'd have to see implementation first, I guess.
    The fiber optics "embedded" in the concrete slabs around Spaceship Earth look very literally like pixiedust sprinkled on the ground, and is an awesome effect. Not saying one way or another, that is what is in Rapunzel's tower,

• Banned User

Hope that if (and when) Disney takes out the Fantasyland Theatre (conveniently the princesses have new digs), that nobody raises a big stink about it and complains about losing the history of Videopolis.

Yes, the first chess move has been made . . .

• Minion

Well, you said PFF won't be any more popular than CPG. CPG wasn't popular at all, and it was dead. I took that as you saying PFF will also be dead. No need to be uppity.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I just can't believe how many people find value in buying all this cheap plastic "made in China" princess crap for their little ones. How many fake metal princess crowns can you have? How much of this crap will end up in the dumpster in a few months?

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast