Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by iamdisneysgirl View Post
    Anyone know what the times will be for Fantasy Faire? Like will it be the usual (example) 10-6 or will it be till closing? Just curious. Thanks.
    Not sure about the exact times, but I've been told the area will be open from opening to closing and the princesses will be in the Royal Hall from 9 or 10 until 6 or 7.

The entire Fantasy Faire area will be open from opening to closing, though.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Actually, I think a lot of it is neither. A lot of the junk they sell has nothing to do with Disney and would not be anything guests would have bought otherwise. The generic glow spinnie thingies they sell from carts don't even have any Disney related identification. They just have them because people will buy them - not because they are Disney or they really want them, but because they are something that gets the attention of the kiddies.
    That, and the fact that Disney can make obscene markeups on them. Cheap county fair glow-spinnie-thingies are the ODV Division's friends and the TDA Accountaneers' dream come true.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Went to one of the AP previews of Fantasy Faire today and was fortunate enough to be able to see it just as the sun was setting and all the lights were coming on. I managed to snag a quick video and even caught the effects on Rapunzel's tower!

• "I don't like the color"

Gee, I haven't been in this thread for a while. What did I miss
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Went to one of the AP previews of Fantasy Faire today and was fortunate enough to be able to see it just as the sun was setting and all the lights were coming on. I managed to snag a quick video and even caught the effects on Rapunzel's tower!

Little touches like this I love

• Minion

@Wow, thank you for posting! It's beautiful at night and I can't wait to see the glowing effect in person. Again, thank you!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    The generic glow spinnie thingies they sell from carts don't even have any Disney related identification.

Interesting, one minute Disney is being chastised for doing too much promotion of its "brand", now the problem is they sell stuff without "Disney related identification".

Believe me, if people actually bought watches, fine jewelry, antiques, brasseries, and all these other specialty items at the parks them Disney would sell them. Keep in mind they are not Amazon that can simply display photos of the item online and then drop ship it from the manufacturer. They have to buy, warehouse and display what they sell. No retail business does that for items that are slow sellers. Disney doesn't force anyone to buy anything. They carry, offer and sell what the vast majority of guests want to buy, even if that might be different from what you or I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Interesting, one minute Disney is being chastised for doing too much promotion of its "brand", now the problem is they sell stuff without "Disney related identification".

Believe me, if people actually bought watches, fine jewelry, antiques, brasseries, and all these other specialty items at the parks them Disney would sell them. Keep in mind they are not Amazon that can simply display photos of the item online and then drop ship it from the manufacturer. They have to buy, warehouse and display what they sell. No retail business does that for items that are slow sellers. Disney doesn't force anyone to buy anything. They carry, offer and sell what the vast majority of guests want to buy, even if that might be different from what you or I want.
    I don't think it's a revelation to anyone that they wouldn't carry them if people didn't buy them. I believe the point was that Disenyland is not just another retailer. It isn't K-Mart or Target with some rides thrown in. It is not even a county fair or a Magic Mountain. It is special and different, unique and elite. And many folks see the direction they seem to be heading as making them a lot less of those adjectives, and a lot more like just another retail business.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    I don't think it's a revelation to anyone that they wouldn't carry them if people didn't buy them. I believe the point was that Disenyland is not just another retailer. It isn't K-Mart or Target with some rides thrown in. It is not even a county fair or a Magic Mountain. It is special and different, unique and elite. And many folks see the direction they seem to be heading as making them a lot less of those adjectives, and a lot more like just another retail business.
    Exactly right. The issue isn't about marketing at Disneyland. The issue is that the people doing the marketing have no idea what Disneyland is about.

Eisner thinks it's a place to duplicate Universal's "Ride the Movies" model, Iger thinks it's a product display mall for every brand the company can acquire, Disney Parks thinks it's a Disney Store, ODV thinks it's a county fair, TDA thinks its a WalMart with rides, and Imagineering thinks whatever management tells them to think. Like the blind men feeling the elephant, all of them are clueless what the soul of the beast really is.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Mr. Daps posted a video I wanted to share, another cute little entertainment detail. I really love this new area! They really went all out, filled it with stuff to do and see! I hope they add more stories, that would add amazing repeat ability to this area. And both stories are great for all ages!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
    • Minion

These videos are really cute. Thank you for sharing them.

Side note: I remember originally hearing that there was going to be a second Dole Whip stand in the PFF. Is that something that fell by the wayside or am I just missing it in the Maurice's Treats photos?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly right. The issue isn't about marketing at Disneyland. The issue is that the people doing the marketing have no idea what Disneyland is about.

Eisner thinks it's a place to duplicate Universal's "Ride the Movies" model, Iger thinks it's a product display mall for every brand the company can acquire, Disney Parks thinks it's a Disney Store, ODV thinks it's a county fair, TDA thinks its a WalMart with rides, and Imagineering thinks whatever management tells them to think. Like the blind men feeling the elephant, all of them are clueless what the soul of the beast really is.
    Dont think Eisner has ran the company in a Decade Wiggins.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post

We aren't interested in Disney's BRAND!!! What we are looking for is unique merchandise that is related to specific parks and attractions.

Disney park guests buy crap because that's what the park sells. If they sold unique attraction/park related merchandise, guests would buy that. Bus, as mentioned before, cheap generic glow-spinnie-thingie junk is more profitable for Disney.

Disneyland's merchandise took a nosedive in the 90's when Pressler's strategy reduced the quality of the park's merchandise in a similar manner. Cheap generic junk that had high return's to make Eisner happy.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Also why can't boys look up and appreciate princesses too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    There's absolutely nothing on the PFF that says that boys are not allowed.
    How much boy merchandise is being offered at the store? That is a good indicator that this was designed as a place for girls only. From the pics displayed so far the store appears to be very gender specific like the rest of the Fantasy Faire.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

This may have been brought up before, but does anyone else think the Tangled Tower would have been way cooler as a fountain or sorts?

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast