Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

• -

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    What else could they have done to ensure that there were things going on all the time?
    For starters, they could have brought food service back to the area.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

To me, this is the key. Yes, CPG was busy.... ONE night a week. Any other day of the week it was empty.
    I am not disputing the fact that it was empty at times. All I am saying is that they found something that could make them a profit, and they went with it. There's no hidden agenda or secret Disney conspiracy going on.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jrramsey View Post
    Doesn't have to be PFF or Swing Dance, do it? Why not the best of both worlds. Have the swing bands back on Saturday nights when most meet 'n greets close. Do you really think that there will be a ton of interest in the PFF on Saturday nights at 8 or 9pm? Bands/Music have demonstrated they can pack the area during that time...and they're usually all Premium Pass HOlders which ought to make Disney happy.
    Sounds like a solid idea, but, wouldn't that section have to close early on Saturday night due to fireworks? If I'm not mistaken that whole area is roped off for safety purposes, correct?
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well I think mainly they had no clue what to do with the area....I think the best would have been to add a restaurant but there are sooo many on Main Street as is, that they decided to put something that would make profit, fill the area day and night and allow the Fantasyland Theater to reopen
    Well they did add a food cart. That alone would have boosted the crowds considerably.

One point though - If this area is not a part of Main Street, then the amount of restaurants that there are on Main Street shouldn't make a difference, should it?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

What else could they have done to ensure that there were things going on all the time? The CPG was designed for Swing and Jazz bands. While these were very popular genres in the 50's and 60's, their time had come by the 80's. I just don't see how Disney could artificially generate crowds by having Jazz and Swing bands booked 7 days a week.

Besides, let's say that they booked different bands that played different kinds of music on the "off" days. I can almost guarantee that "the purists" would complain that rock bands playing in the CPG would be "breaking theme".
    CPG didn't need swing or big bands all the time. As some have said, have some kind of food and beverage offering (Cooked to order hamburgers anyone?), theme appropriate entertainment or stage shows ala Golden Horseshoe for example. Disney does have Imagineers don't they? Well, they could have done some imagining.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    CPG didn't need swing or big bands all the time. As some have said, have some kind of food and beverage offering (Cooked to order hamburgers anyone?), theme appropriate entertainment or stage shows ala Golden Horseshoe for example. Disney does have Imagineers don't they? Well, they could have done some imagining.
    Disney also has MBA's also who know absolutely nothing about that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    All they needed to do was clean it up a bit and re-open their food service. The crowds would come for sure if that were to happen. If all they wanted was to bring crowds into the area that's really all they had to do. And it would have cost them a lot less to do it.
    Well, that's essentially what they just did. And then some.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Well, that's essentially what they just did. And then some.
    It's the "and then some" that's the issue.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Well they did add a food cart. That alone would have boosted the crowds considerably.
    Yes, they added a food cart, but if that's all they had done, and all it had was what Maurice's sells, from what I've heard about it's offerings, it wouldn't have done anything to improve the location's crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's the "and then some" that's the issue.
    If they hadn't done any "and then some", then it wouldn't be Disney quality. Just cleaning up a bland space means all you have is a clean bland space.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    If they hadn't done any "and then some", then it wouldn't be Disney quality. Just cleaning up a bland space means all you have is a clean bland space.
    If it was cleaned up, with new food offerings, and updated furniture, it could have been a nice out of the way eating area with a great view of Main Street and the castle. Not a bland space by far. Yes what they put there was wonderfully done with nice Disney quality immersive theming, but it should have been built somewhere else. There are much better ways to revitalize a quiet Main Street spot than to have Fantasyland take it over.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If it was cleaned up, with new food offerings, and updated furniture, it could have been a nice out of the way eating area with a great view of Main Street and the castle. Not a bland space by far. Yes what they put there was wonderfully done with nice Disney quality immersive theming, but it should have been built somewhere else. There are much better ways to revitalize a quiet Main Street spot than to have Fantasyland take it over.
    I think that most of the fans of the CPG, as it has existed for many years, wanted the area to remain a "quiet spot", maybe with adding some food options. For the vast majority of guests who knew about CPG, it was a nice little quiet spot with the "hidden bathrooms" and the entrance to Frontierland.

Maybe most of the opposition is to losing a quiet area of Disneyland in that what is there will undoubtedly make PFF a beehive of activity.

It seems that APers wanted upgraded food services *and* for the area to remain/become a "a nice out of the way eating area with a great view of Main Street and the castle.", as you put it . . . with Disneyland getting so crowded and drawing in more guests, I don't it's a good idea to try to keep a place secret and upgraded with new services.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I think that most of the fans of the CPG, as it has existed for many years, wanted the area to remain a "quiet spot", maybe with adding some food options. For the vast majority of guests who knew about CPG, it was a nice little quiet spot with the "hidden bathrooms" and the entrance to Frontierland.

Maybe most of the opposition is to losing a quiet area of Disneyland in that what is there will undoubtedly make PFF a beehive of activity.
    You are not totally wrong there. Disneyland seems to have lost a few of it's "Quiet" spots to "Progress". It's nice to have some quiet time with all the hubbub going on in the park and I feel that if Disney had gussied up CPG and added a food option it would not have been so "Dead" to some.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

I don't think Disneyland needs another dining location with burgers. Doesn't the Carnation Cafe offer burgers "cooked to order"?

In terms of entertainment, Main Street already has some entertainment, and CPG/PFF is so close to the castle (and on the same side of the moat as the castle) that a Main Street entertainment offering doesn't seem right.

• Banned User

You are not totally wrong there. Disneyland seems to have lost a few of it's "Quiet" spots to "Progress". It's nice to have some quiet time with all the hubbub going on in the park and I feel that if Disney had gussied up CPG and added a food option it would not have been so "Dead" to some.
    Well, fans of Main Street (I am one) should cheer up as they might do the Main Street alley project at some point, which may add balcony viewing of the fireworks with deserts, and perhaps a small quiet nook or two.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast