Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Such a lovely site from the hub. I don't know what's worse - that or the hideous Tomorrowland rocks/Astro Orbiter!
    The attraction just opened. When Star Tours and Mermaid opened the lines went down Main St and Paradise Pier. Let's not react too much the first day. It may not be pretty, but it had to go somewhere. Nothing to be upset over. I don't understand why people find the hub so sacred. They don't like the Rockets, but the Castle and Swiss Mountain are just fine??? None of it bothers me for a second. Oh well.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The only thing I detest are the strollers, there must be a better way. Yuck.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Even though I'm a father of four and I know how invaluable a stroller is, that is a bit much. I'm sure a lot of this will level off after FF has been opened a while, but one would hope they could have found a better space for the overflow. I mean..... the SIDEWALK? Come on!
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I believe it is the sight of strollers that people don't like. It is a known fact that strollers are a thorn in the side of many MiceChatters.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

They closed the entrance and sidewalk at the Hub, to make room for "some" of the strollers.
    However there were many more inside the area.

The new reality. Enjoy!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Edit: Maul responded as I type this up. I'll leave it up for what it's worth.

You might bash your head less if you had read and quoted the sentence after the ones you did.

Maul didn't advocate (at least to my reading of the post) placing an movie-based attraction at that spot. Detractors of movie-based attractions have said many times in threads, on this board, that Fantasyland has been the realm of Walt Disney Pictures based rides. I read it as Maul saying that the fact that of the many franchises that have yet to be exploited, one has yet to fill that piece of land.
    You would be correct. Although, I'm not sure about the word "exploited".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The attraction just opened. When Star Tours and Mermaid opened the lines went down Main St and Paradise Pier. Let's not react too much the first day. It may not be pretty, but it had to go somewhere. Nothing to be upset over. I don't understand why people find the hub so sacred. They don't like the Rockets, but the Castle and Swiss Mountain are just fine??? None of it bothers me for a second. Oh well.
    Unfortunately, strollers have become a bigger nuisance as time went by. I don't know if there will ever be a way to eliminate their obnoxious presence. Maybe they should be required to be able to be folded up to carry-on baggage size when parked.

Of course, since most people use them as storage containers (kids often taking the "back seat"), they probably wouldn't be able to collapse at all. But, just as with cracking down on FastPass return times, maybe having some sort of stroller limits would be a good thing.

• Banned User

Wow.

I'm not even bothered by strollers generally, but that is really something else.

• Minion

I am not a stroller fan either but it's the first day I am sure it will be ok. This is the Earl of Sandwich panic all over again. I am still waiting for a TSA like outline that strollers have to fit in before they can enter the park

• Evil is Sexy

I think they should utilize some of the underground space (if possible) and build stroller "elevators" for temp storage. You go to the stroller parking area, a CM gives you a vallet ticket then places your stroller on an enclosed platform, which rotates it down into a storage area below. When you come back for it, you give them your ticket and they pop the number into the system and retrieve your stroller. (Disney rented strollers would probably have some kind of barcode for numbering ease.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I think they should utilize some of the underground space (if possible) and build stroller "elevators" for temp storage. You go to the stroller parking area, a CM gives you a vallet ticket then places your stroller on an enclosed platform, which rotates it down into a storage area below. When you come back for it, you give them your ticket and they pop the number into the system and retrieve your stroller. (Disney rented strollers would probably have some kind of barcode for numbering ease.)
    I pictured the doors scene on Monsters, Inc!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Sounds like a solid idea, but, wouldn't that section have to close early on Saturday night due to fireworks? If I'm not mistaken that whole area is roped off for safety purposes, correct?
    Nope. Been open for as long as I can remember. Typically the bands start at 7pm and go through 11pm. Even open during the crazy New Year's Eve stuff. In fact, when all the crazy crowds and traffic are there during those extremely crowded times (July 4th, New Year's Eve, etc...), the old CPG was wonderfully "quiet" (relatively speaking).

• -

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I am still waiting for a TSA like outline that strollers have to fit in before they can enter the park
    Good luck with that...
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    From Today....
    Only two sets of Princesses (Aurora and Cinderella). No other Princesses out in the back half of the Park (Hub to Small World) today. No Ariel, Snow White, Mulan, Tiana, Fairy God Mother, Evil Queen between 12:30 - 4:00pm as usual.
    I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. While that is indeed what the sign said, you obviously did not wait in line. Ariel was there along with Aurora and Cinderella. Tiana is still meeting and greeting in New Orleans Square, just like she always has. The Fairy Godmother was in her typical spot too, near Snow White's Wishing Well.

I'm pretty sure the Evil Queen wouldn't be welcome in the Royal Hall, as she is an evil character and not a princess. But that doesn't mean she wouldn't make an appearance elsewhere in Fantasyland. Peter and Wendy were roaming in front of the carousel, and many other fantasy characters can be spotted roaming in Fantasyland as well.

I throughly enjoy the new additions. The stroller parking is an eyesore but it should ideally calm down a bit, and honestly? It's WAY worse in Tomorrowland, where the stroller parking nightmare truly exists. The tent for the show is bright, but the California sun is going to kill that very fast, and in the meantime it's a good idea that it draws your eye so it garners interest in some good live theatre.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    To each their own. I do think there are some things that shouldn't be changed, but it all just depends on why it's being changed I suppose.
    Well my daughter did not take the news well- when I told her it had replaced Carnation Gardens she was displeased.

So yeah- I don't care, but my daughter is bummed.....each to their own indeed.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast