Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 318252627282930 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Here's a video concerning CPG, and they talk about the stage area being setup for alternative uses, as well as being aware of the "swing dancing" issue.

Haven't seen anybody on this thread say that they want to swing dance in the old location, my impression is that park regulars miss a quiet area of the park.

• Banned User

Frontierland seems to 'start' well before you reach its sign.

Attachment 27892

If you see the green railing, and the wooden bridge, which was "rustic" since Frontierland opened, then Fantasyland begins in PFF when you first set foot on a bridge going into PFF.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Here's a video concerning CPG, and they talk about the stage area being setup for alternative uses, as well as being aware of the "swing dancing" issue.

Haven't seen anybody on this thread say that they want to swing dance in the old location, my impression is that park regulars miss a quiet area of the park.
    So wait...Swing dancing in DTD.....so wait whats the wrong they have it then just not at Disneyland

• ~

So is an empty lot!
    Sometimes less is more. I would say this is one of those cases.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the rocket jets where they are, but I realize that is because I remember the old setup. Kids growing up today probably think of the rocket jet location as "normal", and it doesn't obstruct flow into Tomorrowland as much as some people think as the rate limiter to crowd flower is near Star Tours.
    My earliest visits to Disneyland were post-'98 (minus a visit in '97 during which I was too little to remember anything now) and I think that the previous entrance design (Tomorrowland '67) is far more elegant, welcoming, and stylish than today's. I may be accustomed to seeing the rocket jets without a second thought, but this comes without any idea of the style and the atmosphere that is now missing in the transition between the Hub and Tomrrowland. Makes me wish I had a time machine to visit the Disneyland of yesteryear.

Just because someone may not recognize any problems or may become accustomed to perceive said change as "normal" doesn't mean it's good or acceptable design. Ignorance may be bliss, but it can hold us back from excellence.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 03-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So wait...Swing dancing in DTD.....so wait whats the wrong they have it then just not at Disneyland
    Some people would prefer it to stay inside Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Sure but....at least it's not gone...if they moved Muppet Vision down to the theaters and it cost NOTHING to get into...I'd still go as much as I go to Muppet Vision now

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Yeah I know I definitely preferred it in a large space that could've been home to a potential attraction. And it was way better when you had to pay for it. Also, dancing doesn't fit in with the DTD vibe at all, it fits much better right next to the fairytale castle.

Oh wait...

Yeah, things are better the way they are now. Some people just don't like change, and that's fine, but eventually everyone will get used to it.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Yeah I know I definitely preferred it in a large space that could've been home to a potential attraction. And it was way better when you had to pay for it. Also, dancing doesn't fit in with the DTD vibe at all, it fits much better right next to the fairytale castle.

Oh wait...

Yeah, things are better the way they are now. Some people just don't like change, and that's fine, but eventually everyone will get used to it.
    Are you speaking for everyone?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

Don't forget that CPG is also thematically separated from the hub by a waterway . . . which is plainly continuous with the castle's moat. Is somebody going to argue that the castle's moat becomes a river in the middle of a midwestern turn of the century town?
    Well, since technically that water connects to the Rivers of America and the Jungle Cruise, one could argue that it is a river going through a middle American town. Or Africa, Asia, or some other tropical region. Also since matter can neither be created nor destroyed, who's to say that water didn't exist at the turn of the 20th century?

I don't mind hearing honest criticism of PFF, or why CPG was special to some, but the area sure makes more sense as being part of Fantasyland.
    The area would make sense being part of Fantasyland… …if it was built behind the castle. Otherwise, the look and feel of the buildings as they are now fits with Fantasyland. It just doesn’t belong on Main Street.

It’s been mentioned several times how people wish the swing dancing would come back there and how pissed they were that Disney lied about its return.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Didnt you just mention that "Everybody" hates where the Astro Orbiter is?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Didnt you just mention that "Everybody" hates where the Astro Orbiter is?
    Do you like it there?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Do you like it there?
    Considering when it was on top of the tower when I was a child and after one ride I swore 'Never again'; the location doesn't bother me where it currently is. Walkways could be wider, but waiting for an elevator was worse, in my opinion.

So "everyone" doesnt hate where it is, therefore no one should be speaking for 'everyone'
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Do you like it there?

You are of course missing Wren's point. He is skillfully pointing out that you as well as others use words like "everybody" as generalities, even though you are not actually speaking for "everybody".

• Minion

Thank you Wren and Mortgageman for responding to this

Even if you are going to take me extremely literally and not accept that I, just like you, was just using a generality, let me be clear. Based on the PFF-haters' standards, yes the PFF should be more appealing. It is more in theme in its location than the swing dancing spot. And because of it, swing dancing is more accessible. So for all of these people saying they miss swing dancing (it's still here, and now it doesn't require park admission) and that theme is important (a fairy tale village outside a fairy tale castle not only matches more than an old town plaza next to a castle, but is also more along the lines of how real medieval villages were laid out) then yes, everyone should agree that this is an improvement, besides the fact that it's a change.

But in any case, I wasn't speaking for everyone, Wren and Mortgageman already pointed out why that would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Thank you Wren and Mortgageman for responding to this

Even if you are going to take me extremely literally and not accept that I, just like you, was just using a generality, let me be clear. Based on the PFF-haters' standards, yes the PFF should be more appealing. It is more in theme in its location than the swing dancing spot. And because of it, swing dancing is more accessible. So for all of these people saying they miss swing dancing (it's still here, and now it doesn't require park admission) and that theme is important (a fairy tale village outside a fairy tale castle not only matches more than an old town plaza next to a castle, but is also more along the lines of how real medieval villages were laid out) then yes, everyone should agree that this is an improvement, besides the fact that it's a change.

But in any case, I wasn't speaking for everyone, Wren and Mortgageman already pointed out why that would be ridiculous.
    Fair enough. Maybe I should have said everyone I know and have talked to hate where it is. Better?