Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

• Minion

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Fair enough. Maybe I should have said everyone I know and have talked to hate where it is. Better?
    hahaha sure. But honestly it's not about whether everyone hates it or not. What I feel is unfair is the lack of posters on this board who are actually in the target demographic for the PFF. It makes the perceived reception of the area way unbalanced. I think Disney did a good job of keeping everyone happy by placing swing dancing in DTD. And at the same time they gave kids a wonderful little area that they couldn't enjoy before (at least to the same extent).

Now obviously some kids would love a giant bounce house in Main Street too. That would be a little much. But the PFF is decently-themed considering what it set out to do and I think this site isn't recognizing the effort Disney put into it and how well it really was executed considering how much worse it could've been, considering what it is.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Now obviously some kids would love a giant bounce house in Main Street too. That would be a little much. But the PFF is decently-themed considering what it set out to do and I think this site isn't recognizing the effort Disney put into it and how well it really was executed considering how much worse it could've been, considering what it is.
    I agree with this. I miss the swing dancing in the park already for various reasons (see my earlier posts in this thread), but for what we got it's not too bad on the eyes. Plus we get a live theater show again which we've desperately been lacking.

No sense in beating something that's already been done IMO. This too shall pass..

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Fair enough. Maybe I should have said everyone I know and have talked to hate where it is. Better?
    I'd have to agree with this. Everyone - and I do mean everyone - I've spoken with about this with for the most part are indifferent on this. The only ones really acting so zealously on either side of the subject are us Micechat fanboys. Most ordinary people don't care or are not as enthusiastic about it one way or another. Doesn't mean they won't check it out, but most people don't care about it either way except for maybe little girls. But trust me their parents could care less.

I gripe and moan about this because I love my Disneyland, and I don't necessarily approve of this.

So the girls go to Fantasyland Faire with their moms, and the boys go to Carsland with their dads. Nice. WDW is probably jealous.

• Banned User

Well count me as one fanboy who approves of the location and the concept. It breaks no presidents that haven't already been established.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    hahaha sure. But honestly it's not about whether everyone hates it or not. What I feel is unfair is the lack of posters on this board who are actually in the target demographic for the PFF. It makes the perceived reception of the area way unbalanced. I think Disney did a good job of keeping everyone happy by placing swing dancing in DTD. And at the same time they gave kids a wonderful little area that they couldn't enjoy before (at least to the same extent).

I'm not so sure 5 year old little girls should be posting in these forums, too much bickering...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    It breaks no presidents that haven't already been established.
    Rumour has it that Gerald Ford tripped while walking into the Royal Hall

• Minion

I'm not so sure 5 year old little girls should be posting in these forums, too much bickering...
    exactly!

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I agree with this. I miss the swing dancing in the park already for various reasons (see my earlier posts in this thread), but for what we got it's not too bad on the eyes. Plus we get a live theater show again which we've desperately been lacking.

No sense in beating something that's already been done IMO. This too shall pass..
    actually Disneyland gets two new live shows

one at the Fantasyland Theater and the other at PFF with the stage shows that they do. Sounds like a win/win
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Doombuggy Rider

Well congrats Team Disney Anaheim ... you took an historic section of Disneyland that's had live swing music / swing dancing for over 50 years just to create one more themed stroller parking lot that schills merchandise to toddlers (was Pixie Hollow not enough on the other side of Sleeping Beauty's Castle?)!!!

I predict a lot of sore butts from those wooden benches and the day you see live swing inside a Princess Faire Tent is the day you see a Rave at Old World Village during Octoberfest !!!

Now I know what new section I will be avoiding @ Disneyland -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    Well congrats Team Disney Anaheim ... you took an historic section of Disneyland that's had live swing music / swing dancing for over 50 years

Darn you Disney! Went to visit a historical monument and you've turned it into a theme park!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Darn you Disney! Went to visit a historical monument and you've turned it into a theme park!
    Different folks, different strokes..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    THANK YOU. The entire park is historical. By that logic, nothing should ever change. I was there today and I won't miss CPG for a hot second. It was dead, wasted space. Now we get the Theatre back, an expansion to an important land, and films that have been ignored finally getting some representation. It's a gorgeous new area. Good job, Disney. Keep it up. Hopefully the dancing will return at night, but if not, oh well. Then people will have their quiet space back. So either way, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I just can't believe how many people find value in buying all this cheap plastic "made in China" princess crap for their little ones. How many fake metal princess crowns can you have? How much of this crap will end up in the dumpster in a few months?
    my 5 yo daughter owns pretty much every princess dress. I was pretty upset at the first one ($60!) but over the last three years she has worn many of the dresses at least 20 times. She wears one when we visit disney, to birthday parties and as dressup when her friends come over. Money well spent.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdannie View Post
    Rumour has it that Gerald Ford tripped while walking into the Royal Hall
    Thank you for that. *precedent

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast