Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Looks like a great new area....makes me want them to take out Toontown soo bad now....can you image a whole new mini expansion in that area? Adding a new BIG restaurant, and two D Ticket Dark rides (Beauty and the Beast and either Aladdin or Lion King)
    Since Tony Baxter has left Imagineering, who do they have (if anyone) that's the visionary for Disneyland now? Is there anyone who has the kind of creative passion and vision who can provide the kind of projects that will enhance Disneyland for the future?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation View Post
    Seeing these pics just renews my sadness that we were lied to about swing dancing coming back inside the park after this project was done. I already let my pass expire two months ago, but I was considering renewing at some point. Now that it's been confirmed that they were just pandering to us about the dancing, I have no interest in ever renewing.

This is beginning to feel like a very ugly divorce.

LOL they DEFINITELY lied! Looking at those pics its no way could they ever get the dancing back in that theater since its clearly redesigned and they added props and a stage in there. But it looks good.

I have to admit, I wasnt really sold on this area, but looking at it now, wow they did an amazing job. It doesnt appeal to me personnally but I would definitely walk through it. Its pretty cool and really liven up a VERY dead area from before. Its NO CL or anything but its a nice addition for families and I can't wait to hear about the shows inside the Royal theater.

I wish they could knock out other dead areas of the park and really dress it up!

I think the Figaro looks ugly up close, but judging from the way the video zoomed out, The AA was meant to be viewed from afar. It's nice and small. It just adds to the detail of the area.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Wow. They really traded family entertainment for children's entertainment here.
    So shows can't be counted as family entertainment?

CPG was barely being used before PFF anyway.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

Yeah I dont know what that means either considering there was absolutely nothing there in terms of entertainment to begin with. And when is Disney stage shows not family entertainment? No one has even seen them yet, so what makes them just for children all of a sudden?

From the little I read, they sound like cool little shows and give guest a little more to do in the day that they didnt have before. There really ISNT a downside here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Yeah I dont know what that means either considering there was absolutely nothing there in terms of entertainment to begin with. And when is Disney stage shows not family entertainment? No one has even seen them yet, so what makes them just for children all of a sudden?

From the little I read, they sound like cool little shows and give guest a little more to do in the day that they didnt have before. There really ISNT a downside here lol.
    The downside is the loss of the swing dancing. IMO that wasn't very family oriented because many families obviously didn't show up enough to keep it going. I wish it was brought to DCA where they could improve the concept.

Perhaps host it in a revamped hollywoodland with some of disney's own professional dancers every now and then in addition to the regulars to create a more structured and entertaining show for the spectators. Maybe a bit of comedy too like the Golden horseshoe revue tribute?

Other than that I agree with most that this is an overall improvement for families.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Whoa. For a moment there, I thought one of the maidens was Esmeralda! I'm already loving those costumes.

Another quick clip:

Rumbly tummy at the end!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    The downside is the loss of the swing dancing. IMO that wasn't very family oriented because many families obviously didn't show up enough to keep it going. I wish it was brought to DCA where they could improve the concept.

Perhaps host it in a revamped hollywoodland with some of disney's own professional dancers every now and then in addition to the regulars to create a more structured and entertaining show for the spectators. Maybe a bit of comedy too like the Golden horseshoe revue tribute?

Other than that I agree with most that this is an overall improvement for families.
    Sure I understand that, but its STILL happening, just at DTD, which seems to be even more popular there because there are so many more spectators to check it out. The few times I watched it at DL, majority who were around were just the dancers themselves and maybe a few dozen people watching. Thats fine, but this new area will bring in hundreds every hour and it will be for families. Swing dancing is for a very specific demographic.

Honestly I think its probably better they keep it in DTD where it is now. One, it brings more real live entertainment there and its from actual guest which makes it cooler. Two, its free, more important lol. Three, they have a MUCH bigger audience now to watch them and participate if they choose. The people I see watching them swing dance is easily 3 or 4 times what I see at DL.

I could see them bringing it to Hollywoodland though and actually dress it up in the building where WWTBAM was. They hold a dance show there now for the kids up to a certain hour and then maybe that can transform to swing dancing at night. OF COURSE the problem is it would compete with Mad T Party and no way is that going lol, so it may conflict with each other but if the swing dance is only Saturday nights like it was at DL and now DTD, it probably could work if they keep it in the building. But honestly it works at DTD too and people seem to come out for it like at DL. Maybe more so now without having to pay just to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post

I totally agree that they should moving the dancing over to DCA! The Paradise Gardens eating area would be so perfect for this because they already have a live music setup there. It would add a lot of charm to that part of the park and wouldn't be as tucked away as the CPG was so more guests could see and experience it.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I love Figaro and the bird! Such a small nice detail! Not something they needed to include, but adds to the atmosphere and is subtle. Definitely meant to be viewed with human eyes from below.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Parking Lot > DCA

I wasn't expecting too much from the Figaro animatronic (although I was excited to see it), but I'll hold off any further opinion until I see it in person.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    I totally agree that they should moving the dancing over to DCA! The Paradise Gardens eating area would be so perfect for this because they already have a live music setup there. It would add a lot of charm to that part of the park and wouldn't be as tucked away as the CPG was so more guests could see and experience it.
    Oh didnt think about Paradise Gardens! Great idea! I love that area and they can make room in a corner somewhere and have the band play. And it would be nice entertainment for people eating. Of course the problem is they probably couldnt play durning WOC, but I dont see why they cant do it before or inbetween the shows.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Wow. They really traded family entertainment for children's entertainment here.
    Because Plaza Gardens was better when it offered this type of "family" entertainment instead? (At least on days when it wasn't sitting empty and abandoned the entire day, waiting for 4 hours of swing dancing on the following Saturday night.)
    Last edited by Westsider; 03-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.

• Just drawn that way

With the up coming storm, do you think it will effect the AA's?
    Little and broken, but still good.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    With the up coming storm, do you think it will effect the AA's?
    And I don't see the music box lasting very long before needing a refurb with all the hands that are going to be touching it.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast