Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    We may not have been professional, but when I was in choir, we all loved to perform at DL. We didn't care about the lack of audience. We all just loved being able to sing at disneyland. And since nothing else was being used in the area at the time, I don't think it was really hurting anyone. It was a nice little thing disney did for the local communities in a space no one was using at the time.
    That's really good to know - and I am glad you were able to have that experience. I think as a dancer I would have enjoyed performing there too.

I think the danger I would see...as an adult...was the public coming into the space and either being cruel, or expecting something more than what the kids could offer. I think maybe it works better when Disney features them as pre-parades. I think they've had musical groups perform at Big Thunder Ranch now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    That's really good to know - and I am glad you were able to have that experience. I think as a dancer I would have enjoyed performing there too.

I think the danger I would see...as an adult...was the public coming into the space and either being cruel, or expecting something more than what the kids could offer.
    That would suck. But I think disney made it quite clear each time that these were schools and or children performing. They always announced beforehand what group they are and where they are from and most came from schools.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Evil is Sexy

My school performed for Disney's Magic Music Days in 1996. 4 of our groups performed at the spot that is now Fantasy Faire, 2 choirs and 2 instrumental groups. Complete strangers wandered in and sat through our performances. Our Show Choir even got a standing ovation. It was a great experiance for us, to be able to not only perform at Disney, but to strangers. (And it was the first time I ever realized there were secret doors to backstage!)

Now, yes, they have groups over at the ranch and I still go everytime and watch them.

Fantasy Faire looks like it will be a very nice addition to the park. I am looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere and entertainment it will offer. And I hope it does well, so they add more of them to the park in their appropriate areas.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    I couldn't see myself stopping very often in DTD to watch dancing, but then I can't stand DTD.
    Well YOU don't have to go, I'm generally speaking for the thousands of people who do go to DTD weekly. I don't personally watch it either, but the few times I been when they perform always have big crowds. Certainly much bigger than anything at DL, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jrramsey View Post
    Dancing in DTD is a survival at best. Occaisionally a dance floor which is way smaller than the old CPG, smokers, extreme crowding (which isn't fair to the normal DTD patrons), increased crime, no where to really sit, very weather sensitive not to mention moving from place to place each week like transients.

How many kids are wide awake on Saturday night at 8pm? The floor is still there. Stage is still there. Wouldn't hurt anyone and the dancers, onlookers and others at the old CPG on Saturday nights were usually full if not packed. and yes, multi-generational. Many professional dancers (non-disney) went there for fun. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

DTD just doesn't cut it though Michael and Olivia are truly amazing in keeping the tradition going while in exile!
    Increase crime?? What? DTD is just as safe as DL last time I checked. And I dont get what you mean when you say increased crowding since that area has been used for bands to play and people to dance in already?

And by the looks of what they did to the old stage in CPG its NO WAY they can ever use it again for swing dancing. I've seen vids of it now and they added benches, carpeting, props, etc. Its basically been remodled now as a mini auditorium with the stage redesigned to fit the area. Its no longer a bare floor anymore. Its looks nice though. MUCH nicer than I thought it would be. And I suspect the area itself will be really busy for the first few months with people just walking around. A contempoaray swing band with music in the middle of an enchanted villiage would seriously, seriously be out of theme lol. I still have NO idea what Disney was thinking if they told dancers they would be able to come back when it was finished because it would kill the theme to the place, even if its just a few hours. It would look severely out of place now. It was fine when it was just CPG and no one was around, but now? Yeah, wouldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Not every area of the park must be jam packed with wall to wall people.
    No, I'm not suggesting that. I'm ONLY saying give the dead looking areas their own 'project sparkle' like DCA was getting thats all. I'm not suggesting they have to move in characters and gift shops and all of that, just update the areas a bit. I mean like I use to read people always complaining about when I use to come here. But if all these rumors about updated lands will be happening as I been reading then I guess in time they will.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Full video of Tangled at Royal Theatre!! I love love love this! Minor sound issues, live theatre for you!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Sock Puppet

I'm confused as to why so many seem to think that PFF is going to be busy and crowded at night. There really isn't all that much to do or see there and I can't imagine they're going to keep it open for meeting princesses in the evening. PFF wasn't open at night in it's previous location. Just across the hub from the new PFF location Pixie Hollow doesn't offer characters in the evening and it's basically a dead area at night. Meet and greets are practically nonexistent in Disneyland after sundown.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Full video of Tangled at Royal Theatre!! I love love love this! Minor sound issues, live theatre for you!

Saw a bit of because I don't want to ruin too much. But it looks very fun! Can't wait!

I'm confused as to why so many seem to think that PFF is going to be busy and crowded at night. There really isn't all that much to do or see there and I can't imagine they're going to keep it open for meeting princesses in the evening. PFF wasn't open at night in it's previous location. Just across the hub from the new PFF location Pixie Hollow doesn't offer characters in the evening and it's basically a dead area at night. Meet and greets are practically nonexistent in Disneyland after sundown.
    If I'm not mistaken, disney said they were keeping it open at night to meet expected demand. That was their reason for the swing dancing not returning.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Welll i guess we know it will be a LONG time before we get a full theater Tangled show.....but for what this show is....it's fine I like the live piano player and how during one of the fights he played the Pirates Music

• Sock Puppet

If I'm not mistaken, disney said they were keeping it open at night to meet expected demand. That was their reason for the swing dancing not returning.
    If there is so much demand why wasn't PFF in it's former location open at night?

• Banned User

No I think most people just mean in the beginning of its opening where people are just curious about it, want to take pics, etc. I mean its the first new 'land' to open up at DL since opened Toontown 20 years ago...although its really a subland. I'm sure in a few weeks time it will calm down a bit. But also remember this will also be a pathway to Frontierland and Fantasyland so unlike Pixie Hollow there will be a reason to go through that direction, especially at night. And it will also have a gift shop (of course lol) and food offerings there will keep people in the area all day and night. Its not going to just shut down once the princesses leave like Pixie Hollow and the old PFF. Those are really just stages at the end of the day, just very elaborate ones. This will be a working land like all the rest with food, a shop, entertainment, etc. Just smaller than most.

And someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere there will still be night entertainment for it as well like a few shows. Maybe this will just be the first few months or through summer but I remember hearing it somewhere.

If there is so much demand why wasn't PFF in it's former location open at night?
    Well because this is new and has offerings other than meeting princesses. So people like me and most other people who aren't into the princesses will now have a reason to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post

And someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere there will still be night entertainment for it as well like a few shows. Maybe this will just be the first few months or through summer but I remember hearing it somewhere.
    I believe I read that as well

• Banned User

Wow, now THATS cool! That screams Disney to me! Fun little stage show for the family and kids to enjoy and something to add to their day. And whats cooler is Disney has two of these shows running. And 20 mins too, I suspected it would only run half that. No clue when I will be able to see them (not going to spoil myself here), but I'm looking forward to it now!

And with the main show happening in PFF this summer, its nice DL will finally get some new entertainment shows to keep up with its little sister across the esplanade.

•   
    • Minion

I am hoping they find a way to use this area at night. They could have the princesses in night time ball attire or something. Would be so lame to end the greets at 6 and have a dorment area till closing.

• California Adventurer...

Am I mistaken or did I read there is also a Beauty and the Beast show that alternates with the Tangled one? If so does anybody have a link to the video? If not... how did I make that up? haha

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Am I mistaken or did I read there is also a Beauty and the Beast show that alternates with the Tangled one? If so does anybody have a link to the video? If not... how did I make that up? haha
    Maybe they didn't run it during the media event, but there is one planned. We do have a week before the official opening, and the next three days with AP previews.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    And someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere there will still be night entertainment for it as well like a few shows.
    There are some night themeing elements in the area, and the meet and greet was said to be running all day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast