Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

I'm not a big fan of the location and all the princess stuff, but I admit that they did a pretty good job on everything.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Looks like a great new area....makes me want them to take out Toontown soo bad now....can you image a whole new mini expansion in that area? Adding a new BIG restaurant, and two D Ticket Dark rides (Beauty and the Beast and either Aladdin or Lion King)
    I could never support removing an entire land, especially one as well designed as TT. It just needs TLC, not removal. Also Aladdin Lion King would go in Adventureland, not Fantasyland.

I'm loving these pics though. Can't wait to visit next week, or hopefully this weekend.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Is that a lumiere animatronic?!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Look at it this way, a couple of years ago the hub corners on the west side were essentially dead areas. I think the Plaza Pavilion was being used to sell timeshares. The other west corner had a very niche attraction one night a week and youth group performances that no one watched except family members of the performers.

Now we have a very nice bakery/restaurant (yeah I know, themed wrong yada, yada) and a highly detailed sub land with attractions. It's way better than before.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    No mocking was intended. My point was simply that for at least the last decade that CPG stage was used mainly for those types of amateur dance troupes. And honestly, the choice of pop-rap booming while young suburban girls did their best "urban" dance moves did absolutely NOTHING for the story of Fantasyland, or The Hub, or even 1905-era Main Street USA as some folks still maintain that CPG was tied directly to the story and theme of Main Street USA. Never mind that 1940's swing dancing never supported the 1905 Main Street Victorian-era theme either. I'm happy that those modern dance troupes are gone from CPG, and have been replaced with a fabulously Imagineered new space that directly supports the Fantasyland story and Disneyland's core business. For the life of me I can't figure out how this type of modern offering helped Disneyland's storytelling purpose in any way, and for that Fantasy Faire is a Godsend. Or Waltsend?
    In my sophomore year of high school in 1984 my high school band played at Disneyland. I remember one of the pieces we played was an Irving Berlin medley. For some reason we didn't play in CPG. We played on a makeshift stage set up in front of Mission To Mars.

So suburban girls doing their best urban dance moves in CPG and not contributing to the theme is certainly not a recent phenomenon. Things like this at DL have gone on for a very long time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    No mocking was intended. My point was simply that for at least the last decade that CPG stage was used mainly for those types of amateur dance troupes. And honestly, the choice of pop-rap booming while young suburban girls did their best "urban" dance moves did absolutely NOTHING for the story of Fantasyland, or The Hub, or even 1905-era Main Street USA as some folks still maintain that CPG was tied directly to the story and theme of Main Street USA. Never mind that 1940's swing dancing never supported the 1905 Main Street Victorian-era theme either. I'm happy that those modern dance troupes are gone from CPG, and have been replaced with a fabulously Imagineered new space that directly supports the Fantasyland story and Disneyland's core business. For the life of me I can't figure out how this type of modern offering helped Disneyland's storytelling purpose in any way, and for that Fantasy Faire is a Godsend. Or Waltsend?
    Oh, I'm in agreement with you that the current Fantasy Faire is a vast improvement over the previous incarnation. I think that if Disney wants to feature student dance and music groups there are probably better venues for them - the Ranch and the little stage in DCA are two.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Full beauty and the beast video!!!

British Pantomime!! Wow! Gotta admit, this is the most cultured, intelligent, in-theme way they could have gone about it. Kudos to them.

I'm most impressed that they went with the live piano playing, so that the whole thing feels most low-tech and intimate. Piano bar-ish. Script is intelligent and lands mostly for adults. Very high quality.

• Nic

When my band went down to Disneyland during President's Day Weekend of 2012, and one of the ensembles played, it literally was only the other ensembles and maybe a few families just wanting to sit down, watching. It really wasn't anything special, compared to the backstage sound recording workshop everyone did with someone who voiced Donald Duck - much more fun!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Is that a lumiere animatronic?!
    Just like Belle talks to in WDW inside the New Fantasyland.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

They never mentioned we'd get one, HE'S AMAZING! So well done!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Lumiere is a puppet, not an Audio Animatronic.

Haha I'd have a hard time believing this little show would get a multi-million dollar animatronic (especially considering the rather low-rate quality of the Figaro one outside), it's indeed a marionette puppet. A very good one may I add, and if that's not voiceover then whoever is doing Lumiere's voice is impeccable.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I just don't care for these very commercial and superficial venues that tend to break up families due to gender. This is so aimed at one audience, leaving the rest of the crowd feeling talked down to and left out. Not my cup of coffee.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I just don't care for these very commercial and superficial venues that tend to break up families due to gender. This is so aimed at one audience, leaving the rest of the crowd feeling talked down to and left out. Not my cup of coffee.
    Yeah, as I have stated before I will walk through there once to take a look and then never step foot in there again. And I have no idea what all the hubbub is with the plastic Figaro and the very boring and mundane Clopin's music box.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    How is this any different than Carnation Plaza? Jazz/Swing isn't my family's cup of coffee either.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast