Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

• -

Re: First look at the Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I just don't care for these very commercial and superficial venues that tend to break up families due to gender. This is so aimed at one audience, leaving the rest of the crowd feeling talked down to and left out. Not my cup of coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Yeah, as I have stated before I will walk through there once to take a look and then never step foot in there again. And I have no idea what all the hubbub is with the plastic Figaro and the very boring and mundane Clopin's music box.
    +1 to both of these.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

ORDDU: There are many other attractions that one might say are only 'aimed at one audience', too. What some of you forget to think about is that Disneyland, as a whole, does a great job of catering to a wide variety of tastes. That doesn't mean that any one person is going to like every single attraction to be found there. Some of you seem to be rather short sighted to the point where you only care about what suits you, personally, instead of stepping back to get a bigger picture of what suits a wider variety of guests. If you're really so selfish as to suggest that the lovers of princesses shouldn't have something there to appeal to them, too, then that's the epitome of being selfish.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: There are many other attractions that one might say are only 'aimed at one audience', too. What some of you forget to think about is that Disneyland, as a whole, does a great job of catering to a wide variety of tastes. That doesn't mean that any one person is going to like every single attraction to be found there. Some of you seem to be rather short sighted to the point where you only care about what suits you, personally, instead of stepping back to get a bigger picture of what suits a wider variety of guests. If you're really so selfish as to suggest that the lovers of princesses shouldn't have something there to appeal to them, too, then that's the epitome of being selfish.
    For the money I am being charged by Disney to visit the park I have the right to like or not like what I want, it's not everyone's view but mine. I find no repeatability whatsoever in the FF and I am sure there are lots more that feel that way as well. You could also put the shoe on the other foot as well and say that the Princess lovers are the reason why we got the FF and not a better attraction better suited to ALL members of the family.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Agreed. The Jedi Academy is aimed for boys. Yes, there are a few girls that participate, but the majority of the show's participants are boys. So what?

One could argue Disneyland itself is mainly aimed at one audience; families with children. Those are definitely the majority of Disneyland's guests.

The good thing is, the haters don't have to visit PFF. If it bothers you so much, walk right past it, which I can bet is what you'll do.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    The good thing is, the haters don't have to visit PFF. If it bothers you so much, walk right past it, which I can bet is what you'll do.
    So in that case we could replace the Plaza Inn with an immersive location themed to Star Wars to host the Jedi Academy show. Those who have a problem with it don't have to go there, right?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I could never support removing an entire land, especially one as well designed as TT. It just needs TLC, not removal. Also Aladdin Lion King would go in Adventureland, not Fantasyland.

I'm loving these pics though. Can't wait to visit next week, or hopefully this weekend.
    It's not like its that "loved" of a land...it has one ride people like and one meet and greet...if youve seen the detail Disney can put into a new Fantasyland area it would put Toontown to shame and would have rides people really cared about

I love Roger but that attraction can move to make room for an area everyone will enjoy and not just kids

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So in that case we could replace the Plaza Inn with an immersive location themed to Star Wars to host the Jedi Academy show. Those who have a problem with it don't have to go there, right?
    Exactly!
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Don't you think that is a bit of an exaggerated comparison?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Looks like a Renaissance Faire. I am ok with this

Nice strawman Calsig =p
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Clearly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Team Hail HYDRA

I like the stage shows
    very cute

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

I like all the assumptions being thrown around here. So the heart of the new area which is the princesses could be seen as aimed at just little girls. I get it. Now let's step back a few and look at the whole area and disect it and see if maybe boys can appreciate it or even adults. Take me for instance. I am excited for this area. Obviously more for the food and beverage and atmospheric elements. I think it's wonderful that they have made a themed area for the princesses and they will look good in it.

It does help the overall theme of the park if you think about it. If there were a star wars themed area for the Jedi academy it would attract both girls and boys as well like in Orlando. The only piece of this project that looks odd to me is the tent color but I still need to see it in real life for my final judement. All the other little details look fantastic in pictures. It reminds me of the atmosphere you see in WWoHP

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Looks like a Renaissance Faire. I am ok with this

Nice strawman Calsig =p
    Ive never been to a Renaissance Faire. If this is similar I don't think I'd ever be interested in going.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Ive never been to a Renaissance Faire. If this is similar I don't think I'd ever be interested in going.
    Well a Disneyized' Renaissance Faire. Your loss though.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    "I don't personally like it so it's horrible and never should be there because mine is the only opinion that matters."

Wow.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast